My name is Jack.

Jack_be_nimble

Jack_be_nimble

Hi everyone,

My name is Jack.

This is my very first post. I thought I'd make a splash (or a belly-flop) here in the intro topic.

I'm in my 50's now, twice divorced, and living alone (never expected to be single at my age but hey stuff happens). First married in my teens, second in my 30's - both to American women. One left because I didn't make enough money, the other, well, she never really gave me a truthful answer. The first divorce was messy and costly, the second, a lot less so - she just wanted out, a 50-50 split, but did tell me on the way out that she will always be grateful that I made her feel better about herself.

Huh? Then why leave? Ok - whatever - see ya!

Even though I've failed twice at marital bliss, living alone is getting old, but I don't date anymore - had my fill of it - well, I at least with those brought up in a Western culture. Geez, I could tell ya some dating horror stories but this would end up being a 300 page book.

I've read many forums posts (here and elsewhere) of western men having much better luck with Filipinas, so, I plan on making a trip to Cebu this winter - my first international trip. I don't have any pen pals to visit even though I have browsed though a few online Asian dating sites. I guess I don't feel comfortable with the idea building a relationship with an internet photo - never sure what's behind the pixels I suppose. Either that, or I've developed a 'dating' neurosis.

Right now, I'm chained to the corporate 8 to 5 world, so my trip can only be 2 or 3 weeks in length. I figure, I may meet someone, then write to her and see what develops, or at the very least, have myself a great tropical vacation! It's a win-win idea.

Jack

hi jack,

goodluck in your trip.

i also have a freind of mine who has a same experience you have.

thats life to be...

Come here and enjoy your vacation. But don't commit yourself to one girl even though you might think you are in love with a particular black haired, brown skinned cutie/sweetie. There's lots of girls here. Take your time to find the right one. Don't do a Jack_be_Quick to the altar until you have known her for a few years.

Mike in Cebu

Mike, you are correct in so many ways. SO!

Jack might be nimble

Jack might be quick

But Jack should not

Think with his Richard!

Friends may come and friends may go

And friends may peter out you know

But we'll be friends through thick and thin

Peter out or peter in

Bob, dont give up your day time MOD job!

But I have to! This one does not pay well enough!

Hi Jack Welcome to the forum ;)

I hope you find that special someone as so many of us have done. I think you are wrong to rule out Internet dating, and as I and others have said before in other posts, about one out of ten will be great catches and not players who just want you to send them money.

I suggest that you place an ad on one or more of the sites and say that you want to meet friends and that you are hoping that one could end up a lifetime partner someday. I feel that if you start out as friends and get to know each other by having them show you around Cebu, then you have a better chance of really getting to know a person without the major expectations on both sides.

IMHO You need the three weeks to really have time to do much, so if you can, opt for the 21 days and even plus travel time.

OH yes, be careful to not let anyone say Hi Jack to you on the plane or in the airport. ;);):)

Have a great trip and keep posting. :)

Going to Cebu, might be one of the best decisions in your life. Good luck and I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Jack_be_nimble

Thanks everyone for all the welcoming replies! Oh and, for the top-notch poetry/nursery rhymes! :D I love it!

When I was a kid, I thought it was cool having the name used in so many nursery rhymes. I don't think I out-grew it.

Btw, gotta a stupid question - what does the emoticon; LMAO mean?

Jack

David Kennedy

With only 2-3 weeks to spare, I'd line up as many girls as I could via the internet before hand, then make some dedicated decisions after you're in Cebu. It's not all candy store in Cebu, so you could very well meet no one in that short a time.

Or you could end up having to roll the dice on just anyone you meet as your time runs out. That's not much time to invest.

Come for the vacation and the experience. Consider anyone you meet who's really actually nice as a bonus.

Filipinas aren't necessarily any different than women anywhere else. A good one can be better, but a bad one's still a nightmare. Plenty of bad stories to be heard from expats at PI bars.

With only 2-3 weeks available your chances are slim to none of finding someone so quick. A recipe for disaster I'd say. I was lucky and was spending 6mos at a time in PI. I knew plenty of guys making the 2-3 week type trip before..a hurry up romance, then not coming back until there's enough vacation time isn't the best plan.

It can work, but it can be a real mess too.

Edited by David Kennedy
Hi everyone,

My name is Jack.

This is my very first post. I thought I'd make a splash (or a belly-flop) here in the intro topic.

I'm in my 50's now, twice divorced, and living alone (never expected to be single at my age but hey stuff happens). First married in my teens, second in my 30's - both to American women. One left because I didn't make enough money, the other, well, she never really gave me a truthful answer. The first divorce was messy and costly, the second, a lot less so - she just wanted out, a 50-50 split, but did tell me on the way out that she will always be grateful that I made her feel better about herself.

Huh? Then why leave? Ok - whatever - see ya!

Even though I've failed twice at marital bliss, living alone is getting old, but I don't date anymore - had my fill of it - well, I at least with those brought up in a Western culture. Geez, I could tell ya some dating horror stories but this would end up being a 300 page book.

I've read many forums posts (here and elsewhere) of western men having much better luck with Filipinas, so, I plan on making a trip to Cebu this winter - my first international trip. I don't have any pen pals to visit even though I have browsed though a few online Asian dating sites. I guess I don't feel comfortable with the idea building a relationship with an internet photo - never sure what's behind the pixels I suppose. Either that, or I've developed a 'dating' neurosis.

Right now, I'm chained to the corporate 8 to 5 world, so my trip can only be 2 or 3 weeks in length. I figure, I may meet someone, then write to her and see what develops, or at the very least, have myself a great tropical vacation! It's a win-win idea.

Jack

Hello Jack,

I guess I know what you felt about x wives. Always keep hope alive! You're still young. The less you expect the more it come. Right woman for you will come at the right time. You deserve someone who can make your life complete. Just always be happy and be yourself!

You know when my x bf left me I was so frustrated and felt so down I thought that that will be the end of my happines with men so, since then I learned to accept that you cannot hold someone who you wanted but to set them free. Since then I take everything easy my trust in men change a lot and thought that all men are all the same and none of this world will fit to my desire and ideal men. As time goes by the right man comes along. we were just a very good friends online we both never expect that we can develop our relationship more than just friend. I love Him so so much He is beyond wonderful person that i ever met. He made my life complete and He made more more happy. We are now engaged and will be marry soon!

So just know that it will happen for you too - just take your time and don't rush things.

Hello jack welcome to this forum and nice meeting you. God bless in your trip and career. I know that you can make it. You have very strong attitude