Passport Info

river rat

river rat

My passport will be up for renewal in a few months. I was wondering if I will need my original birth certificate, or a certified copy to do this...?

Thanks, and hope everyone is having a great summer...!

Woolf

What nationality are you ?

river rat

Thanks, I'll check this out...!

Great...thanks for the help. I meet the 4 conditions, so i do not need a BC...First timers do...

NOSOCALPINOY

I have a U.S. passport with the Philippines as my place of birth. In the past when I renewed my passport, I just sent my old soon to expire passport by itself, but just this past Feb, while on vacation in the U.S. I renewed my passport via express mail and it took longer than normal, because I got a letter in the mail from the Dept of State asking for my U.S. Certificate of Citizenship. 2 weeks later I got my new 10 year U.S. passport via express mail that I paid extra for. What pissed me off though, that they sent my original U.S. Certificate of Citizenship separate via regular mail, not with my new passport, which I already paid postage for express mail.

I've never done a U.S. passport renewal here in the Philippines, but there could be a first time after 10 years from now, if I live that long past 77 yrs of age. "Knock on wood"! :idontknow: