German nabbed for travelling with minor not related to him

This is in my opinion one of the best laws we have here, this and Violence against women (VAW)

VAW is more creepy if you are paranoid, your sneaky wife and a good lawyer can put you in jail no matter how kind you really are.

:ROFLMAO:

• Like 3
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• oztony

• contraman

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife, when reading this said, " Somebody that was jealous of the family just turned them in, because if there was no complaint, nobody would do anything, the same thing could happen to us"    And

i clicked on the article and to be fair, even if the family is meeting them at the pier the german wasn't riding the bike with the mother or father, he was riding it with the minor girl and showed up

I think you guys should all settle down and read this bit from Senior Supt. Noel Gillamac, Cebu provincial police director.   “There have been parents who, because of poverty, allowed their children

Posted Images

Tullioz

I'm saying this because I read the law.  Just read the law.  Don't try to add in any of your thoughts on how it might be interpreted or that some illicit intent must be proven because the law says nothing about that.

He doesn't say anything about what you're doing or what your intent is, just that you are prohibited to be in company with a minor not related to you.  You say you are with kids all the time.  I hope your intent is above board and that everyone who sees you assumes the same.

You are taking the clause out of the context of the law in its entirety. What you are doing is the same as taking a Bible verse or a quote from the Qur'an out of context and making it say something that it doesn't. The law is well written and it works. Earlier I asked for someone to give an example where a person has been charged under this law that was not doing something that would raise a red flag. It is always and only used in situations where abuse or trafficking is suspected.

Edited by Tullioz
Hy H

Even worse, I ride a motorbike!

A scooter.

Edit :  was goin to delete this after reading along and seeing gorilla beat me to it. But I`ll be leaving it here as for reminder.

Edited by Hy H
contraman

This is in my opinion one of the best laws we have here, this and Violence against women (VAW)

VAW is more creepy if you are paranoid, your sneaky wife and a good lawyer can put you in jail no matter how kind you really are.

:ROFLMAO:

Its not the law that is the issue, It's how it is applied.that is the issue as far as I can see.

I have previously called off a relationship based on legal advise that said I could be arrested on the word of anyone be it true or false and very carefully 

considering my current one because of underage unrelated children in the house :(

• Like 2
delancey

I have tried to explain how this clause works the best that I can, but apparently it is not making sense. It is really easy to verify that what I am saying here is true and I hope someone else will take the time to check it out and post their findings here so that this subject can finally be laid to rest.

Actually it is not really easy to verify your fallacy. Perhaps you should let it rest.

SkyMan

I will wait for the outcome of the medical exam to see if she was a virgin or not and to see what she said in the interview about the guy,
Well don't hold your breath.  I've never seen them post such info and wouldn't expect them to start now.  And it's it's not germane to the case anyway.  He's guilty of being with her by the law so they don't need any further further evidence unless she decides to change her story and give them more charges.  But he's already toast.

As for ignorance of the law, I don't see why him saying that bothers so many people.  He pretty much has to say something.  I don't see him saying, "Yeah, I knew it was illegal but figured I'd get away with it."  And saying nothing is pretty much the same thing.  So he's left with, I didn't know it was illegal.  Or he could say, "My friend Tuilloz told me it was ok because I wasn't intending to do anything with the girl.  Neither of which would do any good but at least you're saying something.  It's just like telling the cop you didn't realize you were speeding which probably 90% of the speeders try.

• Like 5

Actually it is not really easy to verify your fallacy.

It is!

• Like 2
Tullioz

Actually it is not really easy to verify your fallacy. Perhaps you should let it rest.

All you need to do is go to a police station or a criminal attorney and you will see what I am saying is in fact true. I would not get on a public forum and spout out a bunch of false information about laws in this country. What purpose would that serve? I am only trying to clarify it for those who do not understand how it works.

Edited by Tullioz
SkyMan

Give Up this Tullioz!
:good:

Some have reported this man for his behavior toward the girl, I think. "They were stopped at the Hagnaya port by members of a help desk for anti-human trafficking.
According to at least one article it was reported by porters.

From the standpoint of someone trying to catch every pedo they can (regardless of how many foreigners get destroyed in the process) I can see your point.

Earlier I asked for someone to give an example where a person has been charged under this law that was not doing something that would raise a red flag. It is always and only used in situations where abuse or trafficking is suspected.
And therein lies the problem.  You're a white guy in the Philippines, aka suspected pedo.  Just by being in the country.  But let's put that aside a moment and get back to Herbert here.  Herbert's trip, assuming the reported facts, could be suspicious or could be completely innocent.  But there's no point in investigating it either way because he's guilty of being with her already.  You say there's no stand alone law for this but this law and what someone deems 'suspicious' is enough by itself.  To me that's stand alone.

All you need to do is go to a police station or a criminal attorney and you will see what I am saying is in fact true.
So now you're saying that all the lawyers and police in this country (including those that may not be corrupt) have the same training and are on the same page as far as this or any other law are concerned?
  • Like 1
oztony

So those in favour of this broad spectrum law are confident that in every nook and backwash that it is going to be interpreted correctly by every tom dick and harry that has the right to enforce it , I am all for laws that catch the scum of the earth but the parameters on this one just appear to be too far reaching .

And when read it indicates that even if someone is doing nothing morally wrong , but they have the opportunity to , they are guilty.

Edited by oztony
  • Like 2
delancey

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

-Mark Twain

Alone with minor not related = Bad.

Theory and legalistic correctness is wonderful, avoidance of prison even better.

I will not return to this dead horse, which I too have beaten.

• Like 6
contraman

u need to do is go to a police station or a criminal attorney and you will see what I am saying is in fact true

If you care to read my posts, I have done exactly that and what they have told me is contrary to what you are saying

Thats why I am calling BS to your interpretation.

• Like 3

I've never seen them post such info and wouldn't expect them to start now.

Of course you don't see that!

Cases where minors are involved are not public, things that could identify the minor shall also be graded(censored).

Example, if a father / uncle raped his 12 year old daughter / niece, all names will be kept secret to protect the child. (here there are some exceptions)

contraman

I will not return to this dead horse, which I too have beaten.

Likewise, I will await reading about "Tullioz in the news

• Like 2
Tullioz

From the standpoint of someone trying to catch every pedo they can (regardless of how many foreigners get destroyed in the process) I can see your point.

How many foreigners can you name that have been destroyed by this clause?

And therein lies the problem.  You're a white guy in the Philippines, aka suspected pedo.  Just by being in the country.

One of the saddest statements I have ever read in this forum. I can not comprehend why someone would live in a country where they feel this is how people view them.

But let's put that aside a moment and get back to Herbert here.  Herbert's trip, assuming the reported facts, could be suspicious or could be completely innocent.  But there's no point in investigating it either way because he's guilty of being with her already.  You say there's no stand alone law for this but this law and what someone deems 'suspicious' is enough by itself.  To me that's stand alone.

He is not guilty of anything yet and the clause is being used exactly as intended. Sorry, but him trying to depart with a 14 year old child that is not related to him looks suspicious. Most people who witnessed this at the port would have probably thought the same. That is why he was arrested, not for simply being alone with a minor.

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 2