German nabbed for travelling with minor not related to him

Woolf

Of course ignorance is no defense- but why not make an effort to make laws known to foreigners [ especially ones with such draconian consequences ]

The laws can easily be found on the internet

but then you will have to know what to look for

• Like 3
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• oztony

• contraman

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife, when reading this said, " Somebody that was jealous of the family just turned them in, because if there was no complaint, nobody would do anything, the same thing could happen to us"    And

i clicked on the article and to be fair, even if the family is meeting them at the pier the german wasn't riding the bike with the mother or father, he was riding it with the minor girl and showed up

I think you guys should all settle down and read this bit from Senior Supt. Noel Gillamac, Cebu provincial police director.   “There have been parents who, because of poverty, allowed their children

Posted Images

BossHog

that's a long ride; wonder if she was wearing a helmet.

if he had the well-being of the kid in mind

he should've put her in the relative safety of the bus.

• Like 6
towboat72

who is going to sit and read all the laws for a coutry they are going to visit ---not me

• Like 3
For Real

Am i right here.

The German rode the scooter from Maribago to Hagnaya with the girl on the back and the parents rode in the bus?

The parents were on the bus?

The bus costs < 100 pesos but it was ok to expose the girl to the dangers of the lengthy trip on a Scooter with Sourkraut?

The parking touts and officials at the port must be having a party in anticipation of a pay day.

At best he is an idiot, at worst...well...lets not go there yet.

• Like 7
towboat72

that's a long ride; wonder if she was wearing a helmet.

if he had the well-being of the kid in mind

he should've put her in the relative safety of the bus.

you really believe a bus might be safer that a bike your smoking good shit dude

• Like 6
contraman

Now when I arrived at the airport in the Phil [ a brochure making foreigners aware of all the laws would be easy to give out ],

Great idea, But in all reality, "How many would actually read it?"

Sad but true :(

• Like 1
For Real

Are you for real?

Safer in the bus than under it.

• Like 3
towboat72

Are you for real?

Safer in the bus than under it.

till that bus hits a truck head on or goes off a cliff

rfm010

i expect the boss does indeed enjoy a quality smoke. 

in my own experience, i have hit (or been hit by, let's say) both motorcycles and buses.  the buses almost always fare better than the motorcycles.

• Like 8
colemanlee

It is a very lazy law that targets the ignorance of people as well as the guilty , and it should have a higher standard of possible innocence attached to it before it is enforced.

It is the Philippines.... :ROFLMAO:

• Like 5
RogerDat

Greetings! If a filipino man comes to the US, is he allowed to be alone with / in a movie house / boweling ally or such with  a minor child who is not his relative?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

to be fair - other than this forum I dont remember seeing that law pointed out to me anywhere.  Now when I arrived at the airport in the Phil [ a brochure making foreigners aware of all the laws would be easy to give out ], nor when I went to NBI for fingerprints, nor when I went to PRA to apply for my SRRV.

Of course ignorance is no defense- but why not make an effort to make laws known to foreigners [ especially ones with such draconian consequences ]

How about this one?

Your family members and in-laws who commit theft, swindling, and malicious mischief against you are not criminally liable.

Article 332 of the Revised Penal Code states that “No criminal, but only civil liability shall result from the commission of the crime of theft, swindling, or malicious mischief committed or caused mutually by the following persons:
1. Spouses, ascendants and descendants, or relatives by affinity in the same line;
2. The widowed spouse with respect to the property which belonged to the deceased spouse before the same shall have passed into the possession of another; and
3. Brothers and sisters and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, if living together.

As to why the offended party cannot pursue criminal charges, it is on the ground of preserving family harmony and solidarity.

And of course the all in-compassing catch-all "unjust vexations"
Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 4