German nabbed for travelling with minor not related to him

oztony

I asked my wife what she thought about all this , and she said she was split either way ,

The law is stupid but a reaction of the Philippines because of how many bad foreigners had been coming there.

And I suppose anyone can understand a country wanting to protect it's children , and if the law was to be refined

what could be added to do that ? Everything is really up to the people/person doing the initial interview with the party's involved

whether to proceed or not , either detain the person or let them on their way.

• Like 2
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• oztony

• contraman

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife, when reading this said, " Somebody that was jealous of the family just turned them in, because if there was no complaint, nobody would do anything, the same thing could happen to us"    And

i clicked on the article and to be fair, even if the family is meeting them at the pier the german wasn't riding the bike with the mother or father, he was riding it with the minor girl and showed up

I think you guys should all settle down and read this bit from Senior Supt. Noel Gillamac, Cebu provincial police director.   “There have been parents who, because of poverty, allowed their children

Posted Images

Tullioz

There is no way I can respond to every comment directed at me here. I would not deliberately mislead people on such a sensitive subject and I was only trying to explain how the law works. It is obvious some will never get it, but I can assure you that the information I have shared is correct. I tried to explain it the best I could in this post http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/83196-german-nabbed-for-travelling-with-minor-not-related-to-him/?p=1041033

To those who continue to belittle me and accuse me of providing false information based on your opinion alone, why not try and find out from someone else in the know how this law is written and applied? Just print out the post that I have linked to here and take it to the courthouse or to a criminal attorney and ask them if what I posted is correct or not. That will clear everything up for you and then you can come back here and post your findings so that everyone else too will understand. 

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1
bargeman

It is the Philippines.... :ROFLMAO:

But not so 'funny' if you are the one who is 'entrapped'.

• Like 1
colemanlee

But not so 'funny' if you are the one who is 'entrapped'.

Which you will not be if you pay attention to what some have said and realize its the Philippines....and a lot of folks here dont like you in the first place..not all but enough to be wary....

• Like 3
Bill H

I did the best i could in this post here:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/83196-german-nabbed-for-travelling-with-minor-not-related-to-him/?p=1041033

It really comes down to common sense. How in the world could a country enforce a law where it is illegal for an adult to be in the company of a minor who is not related to them? This is just a tool to immediately rescue a child from potentially dangerous situation without having to build a case first. It has never been used in any other way and it apparently works well.

Perhaps you are right, but I think the better explanation is it gives the Pulis yet one more way to bilk foreigners of their money. 

Tullioz

Perhaps you are right, but I think the better explanation is it gives the Pulis yet one more way to bilk foreigners of their money. 

I guess that is always possible, but I have yet to read about a case, whether on this forum or in the news, where the foreigner wasn't doing something that made them look very suspicious and in most of those cases the more the story developed, the more guilty they appeared. 

Bill H

If you are arrested in the philippines, some good information found here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/414433/Prisoner_Pack_2015.pdf

Information For British Nationals Arrested And Imprisoned  In The Philippines

Nice document, thank you.  I think, however, they understated the poor living conditions and overall prison experience in the PH.

Which you will not be if you pay attention to what some have said and realize its the Philippines....and a lot of folks here dont like you in the first place..not all but enough to be wary....

This really explains something that has been bothering me.

Even yesterday, I was in the Mall with my daughter (9yo but going on 20 :) ) and the looks and stares that some of the older female filipinos were giving me was a little un nerving.

While she is my biological daughter(well at least I hope so :) ) there should be no problem, But I can forsee the drama of explaining and getting it verified if some over zelous person lodges a complaint.

Which I believe they can do so, without having any evidence.

Not really feeling comfortable here now :(

Call me a newbie if you will, but I was honestly not aware of these what I call strange laws here.

I thank Woolf for allerting me to some of them

Edited by Bazza
  • Like 5

But seriously, can you not see that the country needs such a law?
This may scare away pedophiles and those who come here to exploit young girls and boys.

By effective use of this law you can also remove some of the children prostitution.

Give me an example of how to be able to take a person who uses his apartment to have sex with children without such a law?
How to get proof so you can get the search warrant?

• Like 1
Tullioz

I can forsee the drama of explaining and getting it verified if some over zelous person lodges a complaint.

Which I believe they can do so, without having any evidence.

Not really feeling comfortable here now :(

Worst case scenario for you for being alone with your daughter if someone files a frivolous complaint: A guard or police officer will come up to you and ask a few questions and you will be on your way. I think anyone would be very thankful for this law being on the books if someone convinced their son or daughter to walk out of the mall with them and it was reported as looking a bit odd by someone. 

But I can forsee the drama of explaining and getting it verified if some over zelous person lodges a complaint.

Try the truth, this is my biological 9 year daughter. And when your daughter also confirms the same, there are no problems.

Problems occur if you say that this is your daughter, but your daughter is mad at you and say you picked her up at the park today, and that she never seen you before :yahoo:

• Like 2

Worst case scenario for you for being alone with your daughter if someone files a frivolous complaint: A guard or police officer will come up to you and ask a few questions and you will be on your way. I think anyone would be very thankful for this law being on the books if someone convinced their son or daughter to walk out of the mall with them and it was reported as looking a bit odd by someone. 

Sorry, but I am not you and I do not have the confidence in any guard or police officer in the Philippines being impartial or even sympathetic to a foreigners plight :(

Oh, don't bother replying, because I do not believe your explanations 

Try the truth, this is my biological 9 year daughter. And when your daughter also confirms the same, there are no problems.

Problems occur if you say that this is your daughter, but your daughter is mad at you and say you picked her up at the park today, and that she never seen you before :yahoo:

Thanks,,  I Think :(

Edited by Bazza
  • Like 5
Tullioz

I do not have the confidence in any guard or police officer in the Philippines being impartial or even sympathetic to a foreigners plight :(

Was this opinion formed by personal experience in dealing with the police officers and guards in this country or by what you have read online? 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Those of you who really believe in and put your faith in the justice system in this country are out of touch with reality. I wonder what time the purple fairy visits you each day.

• Like 7
Cipro

Or she is also with her 9 yo best friend, who definitely IS NOT related to you. 

• Like 1