medicare in the Philippines?

charlesh

I should do more reading I suppose but if someone from the states spends time in the PH will medicare cover costs?

Lee

I should do more reading I suppose but if someone from the states spends time in the PH will medicare cover costs?

No

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Sorry, I guess I should have expanded. I think they are working on covering Fil/Ams but nothing for us.

Your Medicare Coverage

Medicare Coverage Outside the United Statesl

Why would they give Fil/Ams special consideration but not all the other hyphinated Americans throughout the world.

Besides could you imagine changing the rules to covering them while telling expats to go pound sand.

Edited by Salty Dog
Lee

Why would they give Fil/Ams special consideration but not all the other hyphinated Americans throughout the world.

Besides could you imagine changing the rules to covering them while telling expats to go pound sand.

Medicare Portability Act to help Retiring FilAms and US Government

‘Medicare portability’ for Fil-Ams

Fil-Am groups push for Medicare portability

Paul

So if I go to Guam it would be covered there...wow.

Guam isn't that far of a flight. I think, though, you have to fly there from Manila. I don't think there are any flights direct to Guam, from Cebu. (I could be wrong here, though. So, do a  bit of research to verify this information.)

spydoo

So if I go to Guam it would be covered there...wow.

I'm surprised that you're surprised. It's a US territory.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
That was written 3 years ago.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Why would the government give a shit about retired Fil/Ams who want to draw government benefits but spend them outside the USA. Just because some Filipino group wants it to happen, doesn't mean it will. How could it possibly save the government money?

Edited by Salty Dog
NOSOCALPINOY

I read that long long time ago. It's all just but a pipe dream and I probably will never see it come to bloom during my lifetime as a Fil/Am! :idontknow: . 

ed villas

one word.. NO

if you want to use your medicare go to the US    . the philippines is not a US

Lee

That was written 3 years ago.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Why would the government give a shit about retired Fil/Ams who want to draw government benefits but spend them outside the USA. Just because some Filipino group wants it to happen, doesn't mean it will. How could it possibly save the government money?

I was only reinforcing my 3rd post.

I read that long long time ago. It's all just but a pipe dream and I probably will never see it come to bloom during my lifetime as a Fil/Am! :idontknow: . 

I was only reinforcing my 3rd post quoted below. I was not saying they will get it.

Sorry, I guess I should have expanded. I think they are working on covering Fil/Ams but nothing for us.

So whether they get it or not is not my point, I was pointing it out just in case the person asking was a Fil/Am and it should come to be.

Edited by Lee
CardiacKid

Not much hope for these. Just another example of having your cake and eating it. Propensity for fraud, lack of a credible  judicial system, and mediocre at best medical facilities outside Manila are just a few stumbling blocks. Seems the height of arrogance to emigrate to another country, work there long enough to qualify for Medicare, and then demand that it be provided for them in a different country. 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

smiley-face-eating-popcorn.png

• Like 1
lamoe

YES