VA Healthcare in the Philippines?

XBroker

They won't pay travel from overseas to US.

Travel pay never did pay for all your travel costs and the allowance for a hotel was really a joke because it was so small the kind of hotel you had to stay in on budget was pretty bad, but I think most Vets, myself included were grateful for anything we could get to help defray the cost of getting our medical care.  They pay travel in the States as well, but only if you travel more than 30 miles and of course they hit you with a $6 deductible.  Go figure.

Yeah, it was just a joke. Used to snowbird & my addy came up in their system as 1200 miles away when I was up north. More joking w/ them on my part didn't get me those miles either.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDat

• cebubird

• ex231

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a joke!!!!!! I'm 100% and LACK of care is one of the reasons we are returning to US. If you are not retired military and have any health issues, do NOT come here expecting any REAL care, unless,

One can have all the medical insurance needed but if you have a heart attack or minor accident and lie bleeding to death.....there is NO 911 to call and save your life.....thats the risk one takes liv

The VA cutbacks are really starting to show.   I went for my prostate exam today, and instead of lube the doctor spat on my asshole.

Bill H

Yeah, it was just a joke. Used to snowbird & my addy came up in their system as 1200 miles away when I was up north. More joking w/ them on my part didn't get me those miles either.

The mileage thing is supposed to be to the closest VA facility who offers the care you need.  1,200 miles seems a real stretch, unless you lived in Alaska.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
The VA cutbacks are really starting to show.

I went for my prostate exam today, and instead of lube the doctor spat on my asshole.

• Like 3

The VA cutbacks are really starting to show.

I went for my prostate exam today, and instead of lube the doctor spat on my asshole.

Wish I could unread this. haha

• Like 2
Cebuandrew

To respond to Cebubird, but if you are 100%, then seemingly everything is service-connected. Hell, I'm 100% PTSD and is has been for me. Was walking drunk a few years ago in Portland, Oregon and fell down the side of the road. Needed stitches at hospital ER. VA paid for it: I get drunk because of my PTSD.

What I understand, is I sent paperwork to an office in Denver, Colorado, and all of my out-of-pocket medical expenses here in the Phils will be reimbursed by them. They will get creative to make your trip to the doctor or hospital here "service-connected." And they will pay for it. Might take 6 weeks. I spoke to them February of 2014 and that is what I was assured.

To the poster who went to OHSU...why?? The Portland VA hospital has it all.

smokey

Well hopefully his clipped his nails first