VA Healthcare in the Philippines?

RogerDat

What about the meds? Will the clinic still be open for the Scouts?

Edited by RogerDat
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDat

• cebubird

• ex231

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a joke!!!!!! I'm 100% and LACK of care is one of the reasons we are returning to US. If you are not retired military and have any health issues, do NOT come here expecting any REAL care, unless,

One can have all the medical insurance needed but if you have a heart attack or minor accident and lie bleeding to death.....there is NO 911 to call and save your life.....thats the risk one takes liv

The VA cutbacks are really starting to show.   I went for my prostate exam today, and instead of lube the doctor spat on my asshole.

ex231

Funny thing is that if they close the clinic I'm OK with that. What pissed me off was that there was a VA facility in the PI I couldn't use. So when all the scouts die off, which should be soon, all the ones that specialized in saying "no" can go look for another job.

• Like 1
XBroker

Can't believe I'm going to say this in a tenious way considnering I sold insurance for 25 years; but I believe medicare has an emergency benefit of up to 25k for foreign travel. Enough to stablize you & get you back home.  Even if you just have part A this probably applies. If you're in a medicare HMO, it is wiped out. I think it works the same way though. They reimburse you?

Forgive me if this is redundant to what you already know.

Edited by XBroker
RogerDat

Greetings! I have a C and P coming up, trying to get the date pined down, plying phone tag.

ANYWAY, I ask operator about closing. She said someone did not understand what was relised. Medication will still be shipped.

They will still be there doing all the things as before, EXCEPT, they will not issue LOA for fee basis treatment.

FMI will take over that part. I will read up on how that works

We will see.

Edited by RogerDat
mpt1947

Yes there are more Questions right now then Answers - we are waiting on the Minutes from the Last Teleconference and then a schedule for the next call - we are trying to get the questions asked and once we have solid information we will pass it on to everyone

mpt1947

Do any remember the Angeles RAO or whatever it is called who caused the benefits to be cut by falsafing claims?

Untill they got caught the system worked in our favor here. Now I got no travel, no food, no hotel allowence.

Please tell me these crooks are not still in power!

If you go to Manila for a C&P you will still receive the Beneficiary Travel - 

Can't believe I'm going to say this in a tenious way considnering I sold insurance for 25 years; but I believe medicare has an emergency benefit of up to 25k for foreign travel. Enough to stablize you & get you back home.  Even if you just have part A this probably applies. If you're in a medicare HMO, it is wiped out. I think it works the same way though. They reimburse you?

Forgive me if this is redundant to what you already know.

It is something to check out - I only have Part A 

Bill H

WOW, the VA strikes again.  Just getting to the VA Clinic in Manila is no easy task for some and pretty expensive for all, so losing the travel allowance hurts a lot.  The Veterans Choice Program looked at first like it might be one solution, but despite what the VA advertises, it's very difficult to get authorization and it's only good in the States, not overseas.  One can't help but wonder if we are seeing the beginning of changes throughout the VA system to eliminate all care for non-service connected conditions.  It certainly seems that way.

RogerDat

VA system to eliminate all care for non-service connected conditions. It certainly seems that way.

Greetings! I would not get too concerened that this is going to happen.

The problem in the Philippines is all the corruption that took place in the last 10? years of U.S. personnel and RAO, and doctors in Angles ripping the system off.

And yes, these were VA paitents involved in the fraudulant claims. One guy bragged to me how he drove his big jeepney all the way from Leyte, with his family, and billed the VA for travel and lodging in Manila. Thats a long road and how many RORO's?

TDCNINJA

The problem in the Philippines is all the corruption that took place in the last 10? years of U.S. personnel and RAO, and doctors in Angles ripping the system off.

And yes, these were VA paitents involved in the fraudulant claims. One guy bragged to me how he drove his big jeepney all the way from Leyte, with his family, and billed the VA for travel and lodging in Manila. Thats a long road and how many RORO's?

VA travel pay is based on mileage. So whether you drive by jeepney or a humvee the mileage pay is the same. 

The fecking VA wouldn't even pay my tax fair from the point where my bus let me out (close to the Heritage Hotel in Pasay) to the outpatient clinic.

When I lived in Leyte and I had legitimate VA appointments twice a year, VA did pay for my flights and a cheap hotel. I was happy with that.  

• Like 1
cebubird

Drove his jeepney and billed for travel"

Well, they pay for travel, and they pay a portion of lodging-so nothing fradulent about that.

RogerDat

The jeep was loaded with his family, about 6 as I remember, quit a bit more fuel than him and wife.

cebubird

The jeep was loaded with his family, about 6 as I remember, quit a bit more fuel than him and wife.

LOL-enjoy being clueless

• Like 1
XBroker

VA travel pay is based on mileage. So whether you drive by jeepney or a humvee the mileage pay is the same. 

The fecking VA wouldn't even pay my tax fair from the point where my bus let me out (close to the Heritage Hotel in Pasay) to the outpatient clinic.

When I lived in Leyte and I had legitimate VA appointments twice a year, VA did pay for my flights and a cheap hotel. I was happy with that.  

I take it they no longer do this? I was going to make any apt there from the states & get travel. hehe

Bill H

I take it they no longer do this? I was going to make any apt there from the states & get travel. hehe

They won't pay travel from overseas to US.

Travel pay never did pay for all your travel costs and the allowance for a hotel was really a joke because it was so small the kind of hotel you had to stay in on budget was pretty bad, but I think most Vets, myself included were grateful for anything we could get to help defray the cost of getting our medical care.  They pay travel in the States as well, but only if you travel more than 30 miles and of course they hit you with a $6 deductible.  Go figure.