VA Healthcare in the Philippines?

RogerDat

Well thank U for your efforts.

BUT, If you continue to curse God, how will that help man?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDat

• cebubird

• ex231

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a joke!!!!!! I'm 100% and LACK of care is one of the reasons we are returning to US. If you are not retired military and have any health issues, do NOT come here expecting any REAL care, unless,

One can have all the medical insurance needed but if you have a heart attack or minor accident and lie bleeding to death.....there is NO 911 to call and save your life.....thats the risk one takes liv

The VA cutbacks are really starting to show.   I went for my prostate exam today, and instead of lube the doctor spat on my asshole.

TDCNINJA

Must be something in the air tonight. Most of you seem like you've been smoking dope or just drink again.

RogerDat

Do any remember the Angeles RAO or whatever it is called who caused the benefits to be cut by falsafing claims?

Untill they got caught the system worked in our favor here. Now I got no travel, no food, no hotel allowence.

Please tell me these crooks are not still in power!

• Like 1
TDCNINJA

http://www.gao.gov].

If you or your staff have any questions about this report, please contact me at (202)512-7215 or [email protected] Contact points for our Offices of Congressional Relations and Public Affairs may be found on the last page of this report. GAO staff members who made key contributions to this report are listed in enclosure III.

Signed by:

Daniel Bertoni:

Director, Education, Workforce, and Income Security Issues:

• Like 1
RogerDat

Greetings! U can post all this past BS U want.

U still did not ansewer the question about all the cotrruption that took place , and is why we do not have the same travel benifits we used to have.

Angeles City is the center for all the corruption that cost honest vetarens their benifits.

Edited by RogerDat
TDCNINJA

I think you are confusing the Health Visions/TRICARE scam. Retiree Activities Offices have no regulatory powers whatsoever.

Manila VA is fecked up beyond repair because it's...well....in the Philippines. Nothing in the Philippines runs worth a shit and you should know that by now.

Always has, always will.

Anyway, you and your buddies can keep this shit hole because I'm short. I've got a freedom bird ticket on 3 August.

Good luck.

Edited by TDCNINJA
  • Like 2
Bill H

Bill, Dr. Lopez at the VA told me to file the claim on SVT which I did in September of 2014. 7 Months later I got a letter from the VA telling me that my claim was granted at 30% - I don't get any money for it - but now if I am admitted due SVT it will be Service Connected and the VA will pick up the Tab.  Dr. Lopez is on Staff at the VA, but she can't give me a service connected rating - only the Regional Office can do that - to get the rating, regardless of who is diagnosing and recommending, you still need to file the claim and have it adjudicated. 

Having "been there, done that," for decades my advice to you is to appeal.  When they turn down that appeal, appeal that.  Keep appealing until they tire of messing with you and raise your rate to where you feel it should be.  There are simply outstanding clinicians in the VA system, but they are clearly outnumbered about 5:1 in my experience with deadheads.  Never forget, the VA is a bureaucrat's dream, it lives by rules and regulations, some real, some imagined.  They only way to win with them is to never give up, just keep trying and trying and eventually most who do that win.  What the VA knows, and many vets have yet to learn is Vets as a general rule are accustomed to following orders and doing what they are told.  Way too many Vets, get their denial letters and accept that.  When dealing with the VA you simply cannot afford to accept anything short of what you feel you have earned.

There is a class of bureaucrats in the VA who believe the way promotion is to show efficiency.  How do you show efficiency?  By denying benefits, because that saves the VA money and thus it is efficient.  I state this not by supposition, but by direct knowledge.  Don't give up, keep hammering away at them and the odds are you will win.

AThat said things must have changed because a 30% rating used to get you a small payment each month.  You might want to look into that.

• Like 1
mpt1947

Having "been there, done that," for decades my advice to you is to appeal.  When they turn down that appeal, appeal that.  Keep appealing until they tire of messing with you and raise your rate to where you feel it should be.  There are simply outstanding clinicians in the VA system, but they are clearly outnumbered about 5:1 in my experience with deadheads.  Never forget, the VA is a bureaucrat's dream, it lives by rules and regulations, some real, some imagined.  They only way to win with them is to never give up, just keep trying and trying and eventually most who do that win.  What the VA knows, and many vets have yet to learn is Vets as a general rule are accustomed to following orders and doing what they are told.  Way too many Vets, get their denial letters and accept that.  When dealing with the VA you simply cannot afford to accept anything short of what you feel you have earned.

There is a class of bureaucrats in the VA who believe the way promotion is to show efficiency.  How do you show efficiency?  By denying benefits, because that saves the VA money and thus it is efficient.  I state this not by supposition, but by direct knowledge.  Don't give up, keep hammering away at them and the odds are you will win.

AThat said things must have changed because a 30% rating used to get you a small payment each month.  You might want to look into that.

Bill, I am at 100% I have been at 100% since October 2012.  But to be seen for previously non service connected issues, you have to file claims - since I have been 100% I got Sleep Apnea at 50% and the above SVT at 30%  Since I am at 100% I won't get paid any more for these additional ratings - however, I now have a C-PAP Machine

Thank You

Bill H

Bill, I am at 100% I have been at 100% since October 2012.  But to be seen for previously non service connected issues, you have to file claims - since I have been 100% I got Sleep Apnea at 50% and the above SVT at 30%  Since I am at 100% I won't get paid any more for these additional ratings - however, I now have a C-PAP Machine

Thank You

That's very true.  My total is approaching 200%, but you don't get a nickel more once you cross the 100% threshold.  However, what it does do is it gives you more conditions the clinic in Manila will treat.  Even if you are only rated at 10% the VA in Manila will (or rather, is supposed to) give you treatment at no cost and pay your travel.

• Like 1
Yrpalhal

Where are the meds shipped from.  There in the Philippines or from Tennesee like in the US?

XBroker

You're right, of course. 30 is still 30. Either he has a bunch of money sitting in an account some where, he's not aware of or he's not 30.

Edit- Posted after I overlooked his reply to you.  I'd delete it if I knew  how.

Edited by XBroker
Bill H

Where are the meds shipped from.  There in the Philippines or from Tennesee like in the US?

They are shipped from Manila via Air21

RogerDat

Thanks

TDCNINJA I been looking for that info for a long time.
TDCNINJA

Well, it doesn't matter anymore because all VA Healthcare is ending on Oct 1, 2015.

All this talk has been in vain.