My wallet was stolen....or so I thought

Dublin boy

It is so refreshing to hear of the GOOD story's thank you for sharing and it makes a change to see on this forum.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

What's surprising is how often expats seem to leave things behind…

Edited by Salty Dog
RogerDuMond

What's surprising is how often expats seem to leave things behind…

Really? Now think about our age. I carry a wallet so that I don't forget who I am and where I live.

• Like 1

A nice story, but results from lost wallets may vary. Two years ago I was trying to blend in with the locals and ride jeepneys when after one such ride I noticed my wallet was missing. Of course I never saw it again. I never carry more with me than I need for the day plus one credit card. So it was adios to a couple US hundies, business cards, etc and canceling the cc - just a big PIA more than anything. Lesson learned - stay out of the sweltering sardine boxes on wheels and ride the taxi like you're supposed to, pale face.

• Like 1
bahalina buong

When my wallet got lifted the second day in Cebu, i thought it was extremely generous of the guy to just take the cash and leave wallet and credit cards etc, on the seat next to where we both sat.....if he took the lot i would have been up the proverbial creek...

I always get a warm feeling inside when thieves are thoughtful and considerate.

• Like 1
lamoe

I always get a warm feeling inside when thieves are thoughtful and considerate.

In my younger days I would have said "You're welcome"

lamoe

In my younger days I would have said "You're welcome"

I've always been polite. 

• Like 1
Soarking

I used to do the 2 wallet trick.

In my front pocket I carried a thin cloth style wallet with a couple credit cards, an ATM card that is only tied to one account with limited funds and most of my cash.

In my back pocket a carried my old wallet with a couple U.S. dollar bills, my jeepney fair, a few 20 pesos bills and a few of those fake credit cards that come with credit card offers. That way if it did get stolen I lost almost nothing and the thief got a couple of bucks for his trouble.

Now I just carry limited funds and be wise and careful?

• Like 1

There is some excellent advice in this thread.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
delancey

I use pockets with a zipper. So far so good, but perhaps it is not the best method. Also, this has been an exceptionally polite thread. Polite crime victims, it has it all. I'm touched. I feel like I need to say thank you for no reason, now. So thank you all. Good morning!

• Like 1
ozboy

In the Philippines it is sometimes better to get robbed and not have the opportunity to react or you could end up losing much more than your wallet!    So yes Thankful...

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid

I always use a chain wallet when in the Phils. $9 at Walmart:

0070939011691_500X500.jpg