My wallet was stolen....or so I thought

throttleplate

nice reward

CebuKano

Very nice to hear this. It should remind all of us that good things DO happen here also. I'm sure they were surprised with your reward too. Nice touch :)

• Like 1

Very nice to hear this. It should remind all of us that good things DO happen here also. I'm sure they were surprised with your reward too. Nice touch :)

They did not want to take anything but when I pressed they said it was too much but finally they took it. 

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

They did not want to take anything but when I pressed they said it was too much but finally they took it. 

Funny how some filipinos don't want to take 1,000 pesos from a foreigner and (in another thread) a young filipino only wants 5 pesos and the foreigner flips out on him.

I think you did really well, both in recovering a lost wallet with all contents and in insisting they accept a reward (which they will hopefully share with the person who actually found it and turned it in).

• Like 1
Hy H

Yesterday I  was shopping in Siquijor, Siquijor hardware stores for plumbing fittings.

Latter in the day I could not find my wallet, looked high and low every place I had been then i went back to the stores I had shopped the day before. At QUICK SILVER Hardware store the cashier said told me they had indeed found a wallet and began asking questions about the contents. I replied and she said her boss, who was not there, had the wallet. The wallet was sent to the store in an envelope WITH ALL THE CONTENTS INTACT, including about 6,000 pesos.

I profusely thanked them, gave them a thou for snacks for a few days.

Just wanted to share a good experience in Philippines.

Hmmm....why did they send it to HW store ??  Happy to hear you got it back but....just curious.

It was found in the hardware store by one of the employees.

• Like 1
woodchopper

i would immediately change all passwords on any cards etc in the wallet!

• Like 1
Hy H

It was found in the hardware store by one of the employees.

This from original post what made me ask...no trying to be a smarty here.

The wallet was sent to the store in an envelope WITH ALL THE CONTENTS INTACT, including about 6,000 pesos.

calasiaobound

Oops..well lucky for you man..hehe

Edited by calasiaobound
ozboy

When my wallet got lifted the second day in Cebu, i thought it was extremely generous of the guy to just take the cash and leave wallet and credit cards etc, on the seat next to where we both sat.....if he took the lot i would have been up the proverbial creek...

• Like 1

why would u change passwords??

.. unless you dumb enough to leave those in the same wallets as the carts i guess....  :killself:

• 2 weeks later...
Soarking

I left an expensive camera in a taxi going from the Manila airport to Pasay at 12:30 AM. The driver found it in his cab after returning to the airport and drove back to the guest house to return it. Imagine my surprise when I got a knock on my door at 3:30 AM when he returned it. I didn't even know it was missing. He also got a generous cash reward and my wife gave him cholocate candies and other goodies from the U.S.

• Like 1