Sign in to follow this  
Paul

You be the judge

kc8ual

Time to install a digital home surveillance system just in case you need evidence in your favor against a setup....

Adding it to my list of things to get which follows the generator.

-Nick

smokey
Time to install a digital home surveillance system just in case you need evidence in your favor against a setup....

Adding it to my list of things to get which follows the generator.

-Nick

nick when the police are the ones who do the set up ... evidence is going to be lost and if such evidence gets shown to the wrong people where some could lose their jobs ... ????????????????

Lee

If the evidence was to be given to the TV stations, then it would not get lost and they would love to show the corruption. Just have to make a few copies and distribute them wisely.

smokey
If the evidence was to be given to the TV stations, then it would not get lost and they would love to show the corruption. Just have to make a few copies and distribute them wisely.

and also say good by to your friends as the police will see to it that you are leaving very soon ,,, i have yet to see ONE foreigner who did or will speak out about the police and live happy ever after in the PI

A_Simple_Man

Have you never heard of the "Hello Garcia" scandal. All of the Philippines saw and heard evidence that GMA rigged the last election but so what? She is still in office.

Bob Ward

Have you never heard of the "Hello Garcia" scandal. All of the Philippines saw and heard evidence that GMA rigged the last election but so what? She is still in office.

And ZTE and so on and so on. The media here is a joke for sure. But Lee knows that, he's been back in FL too long and thinking like a Kano. Come back and let's get a San Miguel, you will feel better. LOLOLOL Soon my friend!!

On the original story, how many of you really read it all? I did and although it was repetitious in certain areas, I found it to be both interesting and scary to say the least. The biggest lesson to be learned is to keep your mouth shut about your finances. No matter who it is, some Kanos might be jealous or just corrupt like the police.

Good information near the end!!!

BBQ Joe

If you ever get set up like that the first thing u MUST do is make all the "players" who are stacking the deck against you "go away permanently".

Nuff said.

tom_shor

That can be tricky if they are high ranking police officials. But an interesting idea.

Bob Ward
If you ever get set up like that the first thing u MUST do is make all the "players" who are stacking the deck against you "go away permanently".

Nuff said.

I know a Brit who worked for John Martin for two years at the same sports facility in the story. He also returned and worked for the man who purchased the facility from John. There is more to the story than could be written in a public document as one might guess. Joe, the action suggested in your comment, while it sounds cool and is full of bravado, would be literally impossible and also the most ill advised action he could have taken. He did not know "all the players" behind the scenes for one thing. Taking your stance, he would have been dead, or spent the rest of his life in prison instead of several months. BTW - John passed away about 2 years ago while living in Cebu.

Edited by Bob Ward

Alan S

I will phrase this very carefully, without any comment from me.

I have read that a certain well known Angeles police officer, a Mr Tan, has got fed-up with all the tales alleging that he is corrupt, so he is suing two people who have made that allegation on the internet.

Whilst there are, or have been, many such allegations, these two people are living in the Philippines, whereas others are outside of RP jurisdiction.

smokey

Nuff said.

that is what my wife said... she told me if it becomes more then you want to put up with you have only to turn the tables on the hunter and make him the hunted

BBQ Joe

Nuff said.

that is what my wife said... she told me if it becomes more then you want to put up with you have only to turn the tables on the hunter and make him the hunted

ED ZACHARY. And do it fast. That is the ONLY thing they understand.

mattwilkie

I read this story a while back and its just a typical thing here or anywhere else in the world. Corruption is everywhere if you like it or not. I have an understanding in several areas of the UK i wont get flagged down with police with speed traps and on a night out will not be bothered by them because of associates. The same can be said for the Philippines. If your well connected enough no one craps on your doorstep. I have a good connection with certain regions in Cebu which involve mayors, military and government officials. Truth it although i know none of them will do something to me its the others you have to be cautious of because like any gangland there is always someone with more power and control than the people you know. Lawyers are unlikely to dig you out of such a hole its all on the money but even buying your way out just leaves you open for more problems. You either have to dig your heals and go to bloody ends or move country.

JohninCebu

Err, from what I recall so did the US but Bush is still there. Sorry Dave but had to throw that one in.

JohninCebu

I find talk of wiping out those on the other side slightly hilareous. So you're 60'ish, sitting in gaol, wondering how your wife is, wondering if you'll be alive tomorrow and somehow you organise the elimination of a police station or three. Too many Terminator movies one suspects.