2 Questions,,,

Ed1961

Ed1961

1. I was in S&R and saw some imported beef and steaks.. Which normally taste better? Aussie Beef or New Zealand Beef (this should get this crowd commenting)

2. Any recommendations on a good website to surf for properties for sale by owner???? Preference in provinces, or far enough out of town on the way to Dumaguete that it takes more than a trike ride to find us...

Alan S

As a Brit and therefore unbiased, I would go for Australian beef.

(But definately NZ lamb.)

Cant help on property, but my (now out of date) experience is that nothing beats looking around locally rather than the internet.

• Like 5
riklynbor

Im Aussie and NZ is like out little brother so not much competition.

I would think much of a muchness but NZ has better lamb I think.

They are known to be good sheep f%$&ers hehehe

• Like 4
Paul

1. I was in S&R and saw some imported beef and steaks.. Which normally taste better? Aussie Beef or New Zealand Beef (this should get this crowd commenting)

2. Any recommendations on a good website to surf for properties for sale by owner???? Preference in provinces, or far enough out of town on the way to Dumaguete that it takes more than a trike ride to find us...

I too, would go with Australia for steaks and NZ for lamb. We get them both imported here, regularly. 

Regarding for sale by owner, you will only probably find those on online classified ad sites. Some folks list theirs in the classified ad forum on this site, as well. 

They are known to be good sheep f%$&ers hehehe

And the Aussies rather affectionate toward roos. :D

• Like 3
For Real

Currency fluctuations and supply vs demand does vary over time, but if the costs are the same go Aussie beef and Kiwi Lamb, but seriously both are pretty good so if you are on a budget getting the cheaper means you don't miss out on much. Don't worry too much about the kiwi farmers rooting your lamb shank, they generally have favourites (girlfriends) that never get processed. That reminds me...why do Kiwi farmers like to root their sheep on the side of a cliff?

So they push back harder.

• Like 2
Ed1961

I truly enjoy the fellowship on these forums. Its good advice with that added splash of humor on the side that makes it worthwhile to being a member here. And I get educated in favorite pets of the world. Makes me think Divorce rate must be low in NZ and they dont have the lingering question on if man and women divorce in Arkansas, are they still considered brother and sister.

• Like 3
riklynbor

I too, would go with Australia for steaks and NZ for lamb. We get them both imported here, regularly. 

Regarding for sale by owner, you will only probably find those on online classified ad sites. Some folks list theirs in the classified ad forum on this site, as well. 

And the Aussies rather affectionate toward roos. :D

We have a bouncing good time.

• Like 2
Jimone

Both country's produce great steak and lamb ( NZ lamb has a reputation for producing the best lamb but it can also be a little tough) both country's can also produce shit steak and lamb ( not as shit as Filipino steak though) so just have a good look at the meat, should have nice white fat and not to much gristle through it with a nice deep red flesh.....  

Skywalker

New Zealand lamb is a triumph of marketing over product.

The best Lamb in the World is English Lamb, and the best beef is Scottish.  I wouldn't go near Welsh sheep, they've been the subject of too much inappropriate behaviour! 

However, you do actually have to be in the UK to enjoy the meat fresh, rather than frozen and much travelled.  Frozen meat is just that, so price plays a bigger part in the choice.  I doubt there is much difference in the taste and overall quality.

Ed1961

Jimone had me going there until he mentioned "so just have a good look at the meat, should have nice white fat and not to much gristle through it with a nice deep red flesh", then it brought back eerie memories of the chunky chicks you find trolling the bars in Oregon