Swede nabbed for kidnapping 28yr old girlfriend

jsegun

they may just be following protocol and have no choice in the matter

as roger alluded to.

can anyone find any other news coverage on this?

A few articles, but nothing past him being detained.

http://www.mb.com.ph/national-newsbits-for-may-5-2015/

SWEDE NABBED FOR KIDNAPPING

A Swedish national who reportedly kidnapped his Filipina girlfriend was arrested at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Saturday. PNP-Aviation Security Group Chief Supt. Pablo Francisco Balagtas identified the suspect as Zohar Katz, 29. Katz and his girlfriend Samantha Anne Cang, 28, were about to board a flight to Iloilo when authorities apprehended Katz. Balagtas said a kidnapping complaint was filed by Cang’s family against him. The couple denied the kidnapping case and even kissed in public to show that they are in love with each other. Katz is now under the custody of the PNP-Anti Kidnapping Group.

(in tagalog) http://www.balita.net.ph/2015/05/05/swedish-arestado-sa-kidnapping-ng-pinay-girlfriend/

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lance.schukies

• RogerDuMond

• oztony

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a pile of rubbish , another example of the complete inadequacies in the Filipino law , to allow for such preposterous behaviour to take place , the brother and the mother should also be taken int

Roger,  I'm positive the AKG (Anti kidnapping Group) has protocol throughout the country.   Is there any way possible you could ask your nephew what triggers an arrest of a 29 year old foreigner in

Great.   Could you please direct him to this topic and ask him to explain the reasoning behind their actions.   Thanks

Posted Images

Scotsbloke

can anyone find any other news coverage on this?

Hoggy, anything I read was just a syndication of the story as posted.  I did find the abducted woman's Facebook page and sent her a message asking for the story.

In the unlikely event of a reply I shall post what she says!

jsegun

I going to say this has something to do with the expat refusing to support the family, the girl not caring if he did or not, and them planning on moving a good distance away from the family to avoid them constantly stopping by begging for money. Family said they were going to get theirs no matter what so concocted this hair-brain idea that could only be pulled off in the Philippines. According to filipino law the family would face the same time in prison that the expat would be facing for making a false accusation.....but we all know that won't happen.

Just a guess though.

I honestly do not think this has to do with money. The woman met the boyfriend in EU while traveling. For a filipina to even get a EU visa (and being single), the family would have to be well off. She traveled all over Europe for a month.

Tullioz

At 28, she is an adult

if she says that everything is OK, that should be the end of the matter.

I am going to say this guy is a nut case and the arrest is warranted. I believe the family's story for a couple of reasons. First is the fact that after the girl returned home the man flew to the Philippines the very next day and went to the girl's house. That is a red flag to me and would be characteristic of a stalker.

Secondly, if indeed this man was stalking her in Europe and she returned home to get away from him and he then shows up the next day at her home, she is scared. He may have told her to say that everything was ok to the authorities or he would indeed harm her or her family as he threatened to do. Since he made the effort and spent big bucks to come and get her immediately after she left Europe, why would she not take his threats seriously? Unfortunately it is not very hard for a man to put enough fear into a woman to keep her in a bad situation. 

While we are only hearing the family's side of the story, this is being handled well so far in my opinion and an investigation will be able to sort out the truth in time. 
Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1
Scotsbloke

I honestly do not think this has to do with money. The woman met the boyfriend in EU while traveling. For a filipina to even get a EU visa (and being single), the family would have to be well off. She traveled all over Europe for a month.

I agree with your conclusion.  Looking at her brother's Facebook page he is clearly articulate and uses English fluently so money may not be the motive.

However, may I be a nit-picker and make an amendments here?  We don't have an 'EU Visa' here.  There is a Schengen visa which is valid for most EU states (not all) and some non-EU states in Europe.  May be a small matter but worth mentioning.

Edited by Scotsbloke
Tullioz

Can I have some of that kool-aid you're drinking?

Let's wait and see what comes out of the investigation. I have experienced where a woman has defended her abuser when questioned and her emotions were very convincing at the time, only to later find out he was beating the sh*t out of her on a regular basis. I say the woman is afraid of this man. 

Edited by Tullioz
oztony

While we are only hearing the family's side of the story, this is being handled well so far in my opinion and an investigation will be able to sort out the truth in time.

Oh dear.....

• Like 4
contraman

Either some members are Naive or have strange powers of comprehension :(

• Like 2
lance.schukies

Let's wait and see what comes out of the investigation. I have experienced where a woman has defended her abuser when questioned and her emotions were very convincing at the time, only to later find out he was beating the sh*t out of her on a regular basis. I say the woman is afraid of this man.

your idea of beating someone?

The couple denied the kidnapping case and even

kissed in public to show that they are in love with

each other. Katz is now under the custody of the

PNP-Anti Kidnapping Group. (Ariel Fernandez)

http://www.mb.com.ph/national-newsbits-for-may-5-2015/

SkyMan

My nephew is head of the AKG for the Visayas and I can guarantee that he is not corrupt nor would he tolerate any corruption from the men that work for him.
Well then in regards to this story, please ask him how this is possible?  I mean, anyone can just claim that someone they know is being kidnapped even if they completely deny that is so?  If it's not corruption, what's the answer?  Complete ignorance?
  • Like 2
hilyfe

Yeah maybe shes afraid specially if she told her ill hire someone to kill your family

Then again there are two side to a story

There must be a good reason tho why they dont want him for their daughter

SkyMan

Just curious, do you actually believe this or are you just.... :shit_stirrer: Cause if you believe it you may want to review the threads on the Ella Joy Pique Tragedy.  It has its own forum.  The tragedy of her death was compounded by the tragedy of the investigation and kangaroo court following.

• Like 5
Davaoeno

I have experienced where a woman has defended her abuser when questioned and her emotions were very convincing at the time

Yes, I remember Patty Hearst well !! Maybe this Swede is a member of   the  Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA)  ?? Its not called the Stockholm Syndrome for nothing - those Swedes invented it !! 

• Like 3
smokey

Just another example of Filipino greed and stupidity for the world to see. You gotta love it when they publish this in the newspapers. Who's dumber, the cops for the arrest, or the newspaper for publishing it? Someday someone will compile a book from these and similar pitiful actions. It should be a runaway best seller in the truth is stranger than fiction category. Perhaps a stand up comedian could do a show doing dramatic readings from Philippine newspapers. Probably need ambulances on standby for people laughing so hard they cannot breathe. 

but who ever writes the book will be deported