Swede nabbed for kidnapping 28yr old girlfriend

RogerDuMond

so complaint equals arrest and then investigation?

can you please ask him why? does he agree? would he have done the same?

thanks

I will, but if I remember correctly from the Ella Joy case, once a criminal complaint is filed, it is the responsibility of the police to affect an arrest and not decide if there is enough evidence to bring the case to court. Also once an arrest has been made, it is not up to the police to release the defendant, that is up to the court.

• Like 2
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lance.schukies

• RogerDuMond

• oztony

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a pile of rubbish , another example of the complete inadequacies in the Filipino law , to allow for such preposterous behaviour to take place , the brother and the mother should also be taken int

Roger,  I'm positive the AKG (Anti kidnapping Group) has protocol throughout the country.   Is there any way possible you could ask your nephew what triggers an arrest of a 29 year old foreigner in

Great.   Could you please direct him to this topic and ask him to explain the reasoning behind their actions.   Thanks

Posted Images

oztony

What amazes me is the outcry these people make if there is any perceived wrongdoing of their own citizens overseas/in other country's and the absolute deplorable way they treat foreigners in their country. The legal system is just lacking to an extreme , and it is not all about money , it is also about being bothered to address these short falls by introducing laws and methods that are more in keeping with the day and age we are operating in , incarcerating people just on the jilted word of others is totally unjust and everything seems to be done in just what is the laziest and easy way , regardless of the probable or potential innocence of those affected with these completely lacking methods.

• Like 3
Paul

I you believe that government agencies don't peruse forums and other forms of social media look at this.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/82677-bi-to-deport-thai-man-for-spewing-racist-slurs-vs-filipinos/

It's true, they certainly do. Various embassies, certainly the US Embassy, has monitored my forums in the past. I imagine they do now, as much as ever before.

Regarding legal entities, though, they would still need my assistance in order to help locate members of this forum. Considering I do allow people to post their personal thoughts on topics, including corruption, they would not get much assistance from me in this matter. Why?

1. Corruption does exist in the Philippines, as it does elsewhere around the world.

2. I'm quite sure some members here, including myself, have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with corruption on a personal level, in the Philippines. 

However, IF members are slandering a particular person, and do not have a justified reason for doing so, they are on their own.

• Like 1
Lee

If the story is true then IMHO the Philippines is doing all it can to chase foreigners away. How many guys would want to come to the Philippines to meet a woman once they read the op news article and if they took it seriously. Again, if the story is true, then it proves you do not have to be wrong in the Philippines to get arrested and if that is so, then it is indeed very sad revelation.

• Like 4
Hy H

As a side note, many different government agencies do read this and other forums.

You think...seriously?

KennyF

I would have thought all expats here would be aware of the oddball system here by now.

Example...

A girl goes into her local police station and says, "Joe Smith raped me".

Result, Joe Smith is picked up, thrown in jail and faces a non bailable rape charge. (note the 'non bailable')

How does he get out?

Easy.

He only  has to prove he didn't rape her.

KonC

• Like 3
lance.schukies

so complaint equals arrest and then investigation?

can you please ask him why? does he agree? would he have done the same?

thanks

he doesn't have to agree it the way it is, his agents would have to do the same or face complaints from the family and investigation.

lance.schukies

If the story is true then IMHO the Philippines is doing all it can to chase foreigners away. How many guys would want to come to the Philippines to meet a woman once they read the op news article and if they took it seriously. Again, if the story is true, then it proves you do not have to be wrong in the Philippines to get arrested and if that is so, then it is indeed very sad revelation.

I did say that this happens in my visit jail thread, there are definitely expats in jail for years from false statements, where the witnesses are not attending hearings and the judge allows the delays to continue.

false statements and no bail charges is what you face.

• Like 2
dnl_grout

They added in their affidavit: “Every time we would try to contact her, Zohar Katz was the one answering the phone, telling us that we would never see our Samantha again, as he would be leaving the country with [her] very soon. [in] the background, we would hear Samantha crying. Unfortunately, since she was being held by Zohar Katz against her will, she could not talk to us and tell us her whereabouts. Zohar Katz started threatening us and even told us, ‘Enjoy your life because it will be very short.’”

Looks like all made up drama like we see all the time, she is over 25 so she can do as she pleases with out there consent.

Getting him detained is easy, they will brag about it for years even if proved false.

He does not kiss there ass one bit and there having a fit about it.

• Like 2
Wrye83

I going to say this has something to do with the expat refusing to support the family, the girl not caring if he did or not, and them planning on moving a good distance away from the family to avoid them constantly stopping by begging for money. Family said they were going to get theirs no matter what so concocted this hair-brain idea that could only be pulled off in the Philippines. According to filipino law the family would face the same time in prison that the expat would be facing for making a false accusation.....but we all know that won't happen.

Just a guess though.

• Like 2
RogerDuMond

You think...seriously?

Occasionally I do, but it hurts so I don't do it often.

• Like 3
Alan S

At 28, she is an adult

if she says that everything is OK, that should be the end of the matter.

• Like 7
CardiacKid

This sort of stuff is truly disgraceful , and intelligent societies must just cringe when they read about such mindless shit.
Just another example of Filipino greed and stupidity for the world to see. You gotta love it when they publish this in the newspapers. Who's dumber, the cops for the arrest, or the newspaper for publishing it? Someday someone will compile a book from these and similar pitiful actions. It should be a runaway best seller in the truth is stranger than fiction category. Perhaps a stand up comedian could do a show doing dramatic readings from Philippine newspapers. Probably need ambulances on standby for people laughing so hard they cannot breathe. 
  • Like 1
BossHog

Who's dumber, the cops for the arrest,

they may just be following protocol and have no choice in the matter

as roger alluded to.

can anyone find any other news coverage on this?

• Like 1