• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lance.schukies

• RogerDuMond

• oztony

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a pile of rubbish , another example of the complete inadequacies in the Filipino law , to allow for such preposterous behaviour to take place , the brother and the mother should also be taken int

Roger,  I'm positive the AKG (Anti kidnapping Group) has protocol throughout the country.   Is there any way possible you could ask your nephew what triggers an arrest of a 29 year old foreigner in

Great.   Could you please direct him to this topic and ask him to explain the reasoning behind their actions.   Thanks

Posted Images

RogerDuMond

Great.

Could you please direct him to this topic and ask him to explain the reasoning behind their actions.

Thanks

If you read the story and my post, the guy was arrested in Manila and the nephew is the head of the Visayas AKG.

and your response seems to indicate a threat.

No. You can ask Paul whether this list is monitored at times.

The point is that accusing these cops of being corrupt is ludicrous.

lance.schukies

Mother/brother tried to extort money from the foreigner. He refused to pay the extortion.

Mother/brother file kidnapping charges for revenge.

the rest of the post is hard to prove, the police do not need to be paid to follow up a complaint. it also happens to Philippine families too.

Davaoeno

No. You can ask Paul whether this list is monitored at times.

Maybe just my misreading of things Roger but the impression that I get is that you intend to make sure that this guy will read this Linc post so that he will be properly pissed off - to what end I can not imagine ???

• Like 6
RogerDuMond

Is there any way possible you could ask your nephew what triggers an arrest of a 29 year old foreigner in the case of a 28 year old victim that claims to not be a victim.

I will ask, but to my knowledge a complaint triggers an arrest and researching the complaint comes after.

Maybe just my misreading of things Roger but the impression that I get is that you intend to make sure that this guy will read this Linc post so that he will be properly pissed off - to what end I can not imagine ???

Maybe you read too much into things. If I intended to be sure he read it, I would say that.

Just saying that we all should think twice about what we write in a public forum.

• Like 2
Davaoeno
If I intended to be sure he read it, I would say that.

I thought that was exactly what you said ----"  Willing to bet you he reads this one. "

btw i do agree with you about being careful about what we post on a public forum [ especially if  any of the members  are reporting  any offensive posts to the police ]

btw - as I said maybe i misread things. It would help a lot if you told us exactly why you are willing to bet that the police you are related to will read this exact post that you are moderating ?

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2
oztony

I would be of the opinion that directing any authority's to things said here would not be in the best interest of this forum , what they find themselves , fair enough, it is a public forum.

If members begin to get the impression that controversial statements that are made , will be directed to the attention of the authority's , by other members , people will stop posting 

for fear of future reprisals.

• Like 6
smokey

With all respect Roger , that comment is uncalled for . no one here knew of your personal association with anyone involved in this , and it is easy , on prior history of things that occur in this country to make a throw away comment like that , and your response seems to indicate a threat. Bad Form.

roger is just getting used to his new rose colored glasses ...

smokey

Roger,  I'm positive the AKG (Anti kidnapping Group) has protocol throughout the country.

Is there any way possible you could ask your nephew what triggers an arrest of a 29 year old foreigner in the case of a 28 year old victim that claims to not be a victim.

Obviously the woman is of sound mind, having returned recently from a month long tour of Europe.

What would your nephew have done in the same situation?

What evidence would he have gathered?

Does he believe that the overwhelming facts warranted a public arrest at the airport?

I'm very curious as to how he views this particular case, thanks in advance.

maybe her momma dont think the BF is mature enough to take on the responsibility of raising a village 

• Like 7
Enuff

I will ask, but to my knowledge a complaint triggers an arrest and researching the complaint comes after.

so complaint equals arrest and then investigation?

can you please ask him why? does he agree? would he have done the same?

thanks

HeyMike

The opening post article has to make one ask.... what am I missing?; or what is not being told?, because as it stands, something ain't right.

burnttoast

Par for the course. When it comes to foreigners being charged with spurrious legal claims in the Philippines I have learned just to drop my expectations and preconceived notions entirely. Because just when I think I've seen it all another case like this one comes along and wipes the slate.

Edited by burnttoast
  • Like 1