Sign in to follow this  
Hero

I need translation help too

Davaoeno
And if you haven't had your first by age 30 their is a good chance she wont ever be able to bring one to term because her pelvic bones will fuse?

I am sure that that will come as a hell of a surprise to all the women 30 and over who have had children !!

Are there really more older moms today?

Yes, there are more and more older first time moms in Canada. According to the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada the number of first time moms who are 35 or older has jumped from four per cent of all first time moms in 1987 to 11 per cent in 2005. In that same time period the number of first time moms who are 40 to 44 years old has gone from less than one per cent of all first time moms to 2.8 per cent 

Women's fertility decreases after the age of 32. If you are 35 or older it may take you longer to conceive or you may face problems of sub-fertility. 

http://www.babycenter.ca/a538711/how-age-affects-pregnancy#ixzz3ZpKITNdI

http://www.babycenter.ca/a538711/how-age-affects-pregnancy#ixzz3ZpK5rCme

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 4

contraman

To answer your question, no, I didn't have a claim on her, but that didn't give her a right to treat me like sh**. 

Welcome to the real world :(

Just put it down to experience and move on

There are plenty more fish in the sea

• Like 4

oztony

Hero , I don't blame your lady friend for doing what she did , I blame you for dragging the situation out for 9 years and not getting on with it or just letting her go years ago so she could have pursued another avenue for her future security , you do not seem to understand how things work in the PI at all. After she realised she was wasting her time with you because of inaction over a hell of a long time she probably thought I will get a couple of bucks out of him for the trouble , you yourself said you have only sent $200 , get a grip man , you have not even supported her throughout all this time. You really need to get some perspective before you attempt this again.

• Like 8

littlejohn

Most likely your doing the right thing. No argument just putting out some food for thought. Sometimes things aren't as simple as they seem. I'm a very lucky man 95 out of  100 in the situation I was in 8 years ago would have been better off running as far and fast as they could.

Hero

Hero , I don't blame your lady friend for doing what she did , I blame you for dragging the situation out for 9 years and not getting on with it or just letting her go years ago so she could have pursued another avenue for her future security , you do not seem to understand how things work in the PI at all. After she realised she was wasting her time with you because of inaction over a hell of a long time she probably thought I will get a couple of bucks out of him for the trouble , you yourself said you have only sent $200 , get a grip man , you have not even supported her throughout all this time. You really need to get some perspective before you attempt this again.

You don't blame her for getting knocked up with a kid that she can't support?

oztony

Nope , I'll tell you straight up , women need physical contact , just like men , 9 years was too long , unless you were there 4 or 5 times a year taking care of business

• Like 3

littlejohn

Fertility does drop some after 20-25 years of age not a lot till after 32 though. It varies according to the study you look at.

Good info on Wikipedia "Statistical analysis showed that the women in the 27–29 age group had significantly less chance on average of becoming pregnant than did the 19- to 26-year-olds"

They have a chart with 7 different studies illustrated. 20 year olds on the chart have a 2.2-4% chance of not giving live birth 25 year olds 3.3-7% about a 50% increase. That is significant! This is a persons life were talking about. While a fertile man can go find a younger woman, women only have one very short period in their life to have a chance at being a mother. It varies from one person to the next obviously but your playing the odds waiting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_and_female_fertility

I was specifically talking about a first child though. I don't have all day to try and find the article I read it in but its skewed way more for first child than general fertility.

Because I had never had children before meeting my current wife I was looking for someone under 25 (and preferably under 21 but legal) for this specific reason. While its not politically correct to talk about it I expect that chart would continue to show the same progression from 15-20 too if that were included. Their is a reason people married young for thousands of years.

littlejohn

From a family oriented perspective its better than risking no continuation of the family.

SomeRandomGuy

Women need it.

It is why all feminists are super angry.

A good hard stiff one is good for what ails them.

• Like 3

Paul

In their cases, and all too often, they (Naive Filipinas) tend to buy the line of shite (male Filipinos) are selling them. They spread their legs, end up pregnant, and the guy bolts like a scared dear. They then turn to their immediate families for help - and never think another thought about not being able to raise the child. 

• Like 3

Hero

Again you don't seem to grasp the culture here. Children are security and support for the later years. Lots of children equals lots of support in your later years. Women here are expected to spit out kids on a regular basis, married or not. To not do so is considered unnatural, weird. For a woman to be unmarried and no children by age 30, in this culture, are considered old maids and to have something wrong with them.  

No, in our culture what she did was wrong, but in Phils culture it was not, it was the natural thing to do. In her culture, she did what she had to do. I don't think most any Filipina I have EVER met would have waited NINE YEARS! She was BEGGING you to come sweep her off her feet, but you were not hearing her cries.

Actually, she was 33 when she had the kid. I do wonder why she never got married.

shadow

Actually, she was 33 when she had the kid. I do wonder why she never got married.

The pressure she would have been under from her peers would have been tremendous. I don't think anyone could blame her under the circumstances.

• Like 1

Hero

The pressure she would have been under from her peers would have been tremendous. I don't think anyone could blame her under the circumstances.

So you think that her peers were constantly asking her "When you gonna have a baby, Dee?"

Edited by Hero
  • Like 1

Pman

So you think that her peers were constantly asking her "When you gonna have a baby, Dee?"

All the women around my asawa are constantly asking why are you not pregnant yet, when you going to have a baby.

So yes, yes they are.

• Like 2