Sign in to follow this  
Hero

I need translation help too

Hero

Her only chance to immigrate would be to find a man to get her there. She evidently thought she had found one, and wasted her prime years waiting for him.

No, she had just graduated from nursing school and passed her certification exam, so she was officially an R.N. With those credentials, I think it's easier for her to emigrate.

Edited by Hero

Pman

A Filipino proverb I've off heard repeated:

L

"Make sure you have a lot of kids. One will be lazy and not work, one will get hooked on drugs, one on alcohol, one end up in jail, but if your lucky one or two will get good jobs and take care of you. "

• Like 3

shadow

No, she had just graduated from nursing school and passed her certification exam, so she was officially an R.N. With those credentials, I think it's easier for her to emigrate.

There are hundreds of thousands of nurses here who cannot get work. Some PAY to work at hospitals in order to get experience, because without at least two years of experience they will NOT get a nursing job that pays anything. Nurses are very low paid here. Many is the girl with a nursing degree here that would feel lucky to land a salesgirl or call center position. A nursing degree is worth nothing here, only overseas. But if she can't get experience, she will never get overseas using a nursing degree.

• Like 2

RogerDuMond

Again, the issue isn't her unfaithfulness. I never expected her to be faithful. The issue is her lack of honesty about it, especially not telling me that she had a kid. 

I didn't see anyplace in this thread where you say that you asked her if she had any children so how can you say she was dishonest about it. If you expect a woman in any country, especially the Philippines to tell you that before she has a feeling of a possible commitment, you are mistaken. It is quite often an after thought here. After nine years what would give her the idea that you were willing to make a commitment to be with her?

The ease with which you say it is over makes me wonder if you were just looking for a reason to justify ending something that never really started.

• Like 2

littlejohn

There has been a surplus of nurses in many western countries recently. Know of a guy that made a fortune sending nurses to western countries he gave it up no money in it now. She was apparently a few years to late. Probably spent a good chunk of the family fortune on that gamble too. Now that she is over 30 her chances of emigrating are GREATLY reduced too. Its a wonder she didn't give up on life all together.

Edit: Probably the only reason she is sane is because of family support and having a baby now she has a reason to live.

Edited by littlejohn
  • Like 1

shadow

"At the beginning of this year, more than 200,000 registered Philippine nurses could not find work, and an estimated 80,000 are graduating this year to join an already saturated job market."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-18575810

Hero

Her only chance to immigrate would be to find a man to get her there. She evidently thought she had found one, and wasted her prime years waiting for him.

I can assure you that she wasn't just waiting around for me.

littlejohn

My wife admitted to me not long after we got together that she had a Japanese guy on the hook too I was the one that showed up first. If I had been a few months later she would have been his instead. Point is you cant string someone along that long and expect things to work out especially if she is over 25 (that clock is ticking whether you like it or not). I was honest with her all along and told her I was talking to other girls. All the other ones fell away for one reason or another by the time I got here though. I had the mentality that I didn't even WANT to own her until we met in person and told her so. I don't want it on my conscience that I might have created an old maid or a bitter lesbian.

• Like 2

Edwin

It seems that Hero is too niave and immature for a relationship with what might be a good woman.

• Like 2

balf

been through this grind too my ex gf when i first met her here told me she had no children.....then found out she had 5 my god i was drinking water when i heard the istorye ie gossip roll in and she was only 26 lol quickly grabbed a red horse in a hurry  :killself:

Hero

It seems that Hero is too niave and immature for a relationship with what might be a good woman.

Seems Edwin needs to pass judgment on people he doesn't even know to make himself feel important. OK, whatever. I'm done with this thread.

Paul

Seems Edwin needs to pass judgment on people he doesn't even know to make himself feel important. OK, whatever. I'm done with this thread.

Would you like for me to lock it?

Hero

Would you like for me to lock it?

Yes, please, Paul.

Paul

All done.

• Like 1