Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

Radisson Blu - Cebu City (next to SM Mall)

Phillovescebu

I always checked in early because I would arrive around 7:00 a.m.

They never charged me extra.

Maybe they have a Korean Tax instead of a Kano tax.   :db:

If you want a guaranteed early check-in, most hotels charge you an extra night's stay. That's probably what happened.

Enuff

If you want a guaranteed early check-in, most hotels charge you an extra night's stay. That's probably what happened.

nope, they didn't have it arranged however the room was available as were many other rooms, hotel looked to be at about 30% occupancy.

they simply saw an opportunity to capitalize on some unsuspecting guests.

Phillovescebu

That was pretty inexperienced on their part. I would have asked to see the hotel manager and the front desk would have backed down.

Enuff

That was pretty inexperienced on their part. I would have asked to see the hotel manager and the front desk would have backed down.

the communication barrier was a problem. they just asked for credit card and gave it to them.

I was going to interject but didn't want to be late for my flight, checking out of hotels in RP is always slow going

Phillovescebu

I guess the group led by the richest man in the Philippines could do wonders but at the same time he stays there, too, so, I am not worried about the integrity of the building. In fact, I was at the highest floor during the last earthquake – did feel safe there! :D

What are the alternatives in Cebu? I will never stay at Marriott for religious reasons haha :D I should try newly renovated Waterfront one of these days but my visit-Cebu days are numbered… I enjoyed staying at Waterfront Mactan but the rooms are dated.

That leaves Marco Polo but it’s too far from the airport, besides their own condo buildings destroyed the excellent views of the city – what a planning!

Other hotels are not worth mentioning…

You really make decisions about what hotel to stay in based on views? I prefer a nice bed and good clean bathroom

• Like 1

dnl_grout

actually as many here will remember it was a new construction that sat vacant and condemned for years prior to it's sale to the radisson group and somehow magically passed muster. 

Yes, went empty for years because of settling, I and a few others used to refer to it as the sinking hotel.

I remember asking the guards what was up when they fenced in a large area in the back. They must have thought I was a some body with my camera cause they guided me to the boss man and sit manager. They were doing a bunch of work at lower levels, "is she done sinking?"  no problem we fix already, open soon.

• Like 1

Enuff

You really make decisions about what hotel to stay in based on views? I prefer a nice bed and good clean bathroom

if i'mpaying, I choose wellcome hotel. good bed, good service and a balcony

• Like 1

alkonost45

I stayed for free, can't afford the restaurant.

On a side note we were checking out at 630am and a Korean couple was checking in early. Radisson charged them p3700 extra.

What a douche move on Radissons part.

An early check in fee  is a very common practice in many hotels throughout the world.   It is what I expect when I wish to check in 8 hours before the published check-in time which is typically 2pm or 3pm.    

Edited by alkonost45

Mikala

I just spent a 4 day weekend at the Radisson. Only encountered 1 problem when I went to use the swimming pool and it was closed at 7 am. I was told due to rain, but the rain had already passed. I got the duty manager involved and she finally said they'd open the pool after wasting 30 minutes of my time arguing over how rain could possibly be a danger to guests and employees (if there's no lightning nearby). By the end of the day, I was informed that my room would be free for that day due to my having been inconvenienced.

I had room service one night with the French fries aioli, chef salad and grilled chicken breast. No complaints there either. It was tasty.

I've stayed at the Radisson dozens of times. Admittedly the buffet food is mediocre, but the rooms are spacious, staff is gracious and overall experience is great.

Being next to SM is not really useful though...

Oh, and I've checked in early a few times and it's always been free of charge.

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 4

Jawny

I just spent a 4 day weekend at the Radisson. Only encountered 1 problem when I went to use the swimming pool and it was closed at 7 am. I was told due to rain, but the rain had already passed. I got the duty manager involved and she finally said they'd open the pool after wasting 30 minutes of my time arguing over how rain could possibly be a danger to guests and employees (if there's no lightning nearby). By the end of the day, I was informed that my room would be free for that day due to my having been inconvenienced.

I had room service one night with the French fries aioli, chef salad and grilled chicken breast. No complaints there either. It was tasty.

I've stayed at the Radisson dozens of times. Admittedly the buffet food is mediocre, but the rooms are spacious, staff is gracious and overall experience is great.

Being next to SM is not really useful though...

Oh, and I've checked in early a few times and it's always been free of charge.

Would you share the room rare you were able to get? Did you use an online booking or contact the hotel directly?

I usually stay at the Marriott, but the charm has worn for several years. It just happens to be conveniently located.

Radisson is appealing, and I've considered it for future trips.

Nice to know about the response to a minor complaint. That is what I expect from a first class hotel

Edited by Jawny

SkyMan

Other hotels are not worth mentioning…
I'll mention one.   The Crown Regency Suites on Mactan.  

http://www.crownregency-philippines.com/

Big comfy beds with real mattresses and a real bathtub.  Decent pool too.  The resto is passable.

Mikala

Would you share the room rare you were able to get? Did you use an online booking or contact the hotel directly?

I usually just book my hotel thru expedia.com. At the time, the rate was about $75 a night, but with $22 in taxes and fees.

I've stayed at the Marriott several times, but their rates are abusive of the local market. The Welcome Inn seems much better value for the money. Quest and Mandarin Plaza both have extremely poor customer service. I try different places while waiting for my condo to be completed.

A_Simple_Man

I was told due to rain, but the rain had already passed. I got the duty manager involved and she finally said they'd open the pool after wasting 30 minutes of my time arguing over how rain could possibly be a danger to guests

2 to 3 inches of rain in a short time would alter the chemical composition of the pool water and it should be retested and adjusted so you don't catch a disease or something, but after 30 minutes arguing with you they probably hoped you would.   :ROFLMAO:

Mikala

2 to 3 inches of rain in a short time would alter the chemical composition of the pool water and it should be retested and adjusted so you don't catch a disease or something, but after 30 minutes arguing with you they probably hoped you would.   :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, but the reasoning was not based on the chemical composition of the pool. It was based on the rain being hazardous to guests and employees. That being said, my argument started with the pool boy and went up the chain of command. The general manager informed me politely that the pool is supposed to be open anytime it's not raining, plus should be open even if just drizzling rain.

• Like 1

miles-high

Did you use an online booking or contact the hotel directly?

It's worth comparing both rates from Expedia and the hotel's own web... For Radison Blu Cebu, you usually get a lower rate from the hotel's own web pages... and if you are using the Carlson points, that's the only way... It's hard to beat their 1bd suite for 4k or 5k with 10k points...