Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

Radisson Blu - Cebu City (next to SM Mall)

Enuff

I stayed there Friday night on bonus points. Probably would have never paid p4,700 ($105 usd) to stay there.

Arrival was fine, although I found it odd they didn't have bell boy available to unload luggage. Had to go through metal detector & bomb sniffing dog to gain entrance. after that the bell boy comes to grab my bags......... Check in went fine, off to room.

Room was decently sized, good quality bedding, nice flat screen TV, great carpeting and good sized bathroom. I thought the curtains were rather cheap (not completely closing) and the minibar was extremely overpriced (p145 can of Coke). As far as any other amenities go, I don't utilize any other services. Never used room service, massage or spa.

Probably wont stay there again unless its free.

• Like 8

tim

did U eat in the Resturant ? anything on their Buffet U want to report ?

Enuff

I stayed for free, can't afford the restaurant.

On a side note we were checking out at 630am and a Korean couple was checking in early. Radisson charged them p3700 extra.

What a douche move on Radissons part.

• Like 1

Skywalker

On a side note we were checking out at 630am and a Korean couple was checking in early.

That settles it then, I wont be staying there.   :cold:

• Like 3

Jawny

On a side note we were checking out at 630am and a Korean couple was checking in early. Radisson charged them p3700 extra.

Thanks for sharing this small detail. I'm not particularly surprised that a charge is made. Even so, it does reveal the money grubbing of management there. I have considered a stay at the hotel since it is so close to SM.

Borinquen

The only time i stayed there, they tried to charge me 1500P extra for an airport shuttle i never ordered. Told them i always take airport taxis from the second level. Almost a hour later they finally took the extra charge off. Swore I'd never go back...

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

we were checking out at 630am and a Korean couple was checking in early. Radisson charged them p3700 extra.

You could have told them that for a 1,000 pesos they could use your room until check out time.

• Like 3

tim

Posted Today, 9:50 AM bigmook, on 03 May 2015 - 07:24 AM, said: we were checking out at 630am and a Korean couple was checking in early. Radisson charged them p3700 extra.   You could have told them that for a 1,000 pesos they could use your room until check out time.

Then the Radisson would have charged Big Monk for extra guests.... :yahoo:

• Like 5

Salty Dog

I always checked in early because I would arrive around 7:00 a.m.

They never charged me extra.

Maybe they have a Korean Tax instead of a Kano tax.   :db:

• Like 6

Monsoon

I've never stayed there because for me the location is crap. SM Mall Cebu is not someplace I frequent since I despise the place. 

I did eat at the buffet on the discounted day. Meh, I give the food a 6 1/2 at best. 

But for free I could get over it! 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 4

I <3 Cebu

did U eat in the Resturant ? anything on their Buffet U want to report ?

Ive eaten there, best lasagne i have ever had!

GwapoGuy

I've never stayed there because for me the location is crap. SM Mall Cebu is not someplace I frequent since I despise the place. 

The building itself is crap as well. Built on reclaimed land, the buildings original owners only had a permit to go up to five stories. If you look closely on the side of the hotel that faces toward the water, you see a vertical crack three stories high probably from the last earthquake a few years back. Wouldn't even think about going inside!

jtmwatchbiz

The building itself is crap as well. Built on reclaimed land, the buildings original owners only had a permit to go up to five stories. If you look closely on the side of the hotel that faces toward the water, you see a vertical crack three stories high probably from the last earthquake a few years back. Wouldn't even think about going inside!

actually as many here will remember it was a new construction that sat vacant and condemned for years prior to it's sale to the radisson group and somehow magically passed muster. 

miles-high

actually as many here will remember it was a new construction that sat vacant and condemned for years prior to it's sale to the radisson group and somehow magically passed muster.

I guess the group led by the richest man in the Philippines could do wonders but at the same time he stays there, too, so, I am not worried about the integrity of the building. In fact, I was at the highest floor during the last earthquake – did feel safe there! :D

What are the alternatives in Cebu? I will never stay at Marriott for religious reasons haha :D I should try newly renovated Waterfront one of these days but my visit-Cebu days are numbered… I enjoyed staying at Waterfront Mactan but the rooms are dated.

That leaves Marco Polo but it’s too far from the airport, besides their own condo buildings destroyed the excellent views of the city – what a planning!

Other hotels are not worth mentioning…

cebulover2000

I guess the group led by the richest man in the Philippines could do wonders but at the same time he stays there, too, so, I am not worried about the integrity of the building. In fact, I was at the highest floor during the last earthquake – did feel safe there! :D

What are the alternatives in Cebu? I will never stay at Marriott for religious reasons haha :D I should try newly renovated Waterfront one of these days but my visit-Cebu days are numbered… I enjoyed staying at Waterfront Mactan but the rooms are dated.

That leaves Marco Polo but it’s too far from the airport, besides their own condo buildings destroyed the excellent views of the city – what a planning!

Other hotels are not worth mentioning…

Is that so?