Top Posters In This Topic

• PIM

• easydrifter

• cvgtpc1

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PIMMember Since 28 Dec 2013       easydrifterMember Since 29 Dec 2013

The trouble is that Bitcoin goes up and down like a barmaid's nickers and many of us don't trust them, the bitcoin not the nickers! A previous Bitcoin promoter was here on LINC claiming they would re

Ever had an insurance company go bust on you? I have, and it cost me tens of thousands of dollars.   Even with coinbase, I would still recommend not keeping bitcoin or fiat money in their accounts l

Posted Images

contraman

Has ThomsonJR been reincarnated ? :(

Corrected :(

Ozepete

PIM

Member Since 28 Dec 2013

easydrifter

Member Since 29 Dec 2013

What an incredible coincidence .. Watson!    :nea:

• Like 3
Paul

Guys, unlike previous posters, I see NO ONE here promoting Bitcoin. As has been stated by a (another) third party, he was only introducing it as a way to send money to the Philippines. 

If you are not interested, then there is no need to give the guy shit over what he is suggesting. 

Now, let the attacking and off handed comments come to an end.

• Like 2
Daddy

PIM, Thanks for the info. Crypto currencies have a bright future, at least till the governments figure out how to shut them down or get into the accounts to know how much their respective citizens have so they can have access to it.

I would consider using Bitcoin, thanks for the explanation. I've read a number of articles on bitcoin but my once steel trap mind is a little rusty and I didn't understand bitcoin.

You did a good job of explaining how to transfer money, how about trying to explain to this dumb hillbilly about buying and hold bitcoin. I do not consider buying something an investment unless it produces income but I do believe in having a place to park money for a while

Alfred E. Neuman

So if I want someone from the US to send me $1,000 here in RP using bitcoin, I get the amount in cash less fees?

• Like 1
Skywalker

To follow the value of Bitcoin in real time, look at www.preev.com

Crypto currency is completely unregulated by any legal entity.  One of the exchanges was compromised last year and millions went missing.

You pay your money, and you take your chances.  Fair warning.

• Like 1
easydrifter

No shit Sherlock? Some here must have way too much time on their hands! I can assure you there is no connection between me and the OP. I just love bitcoin!

• Like 1
easydrifter

Daddy, an exchange can be a good place to park some money for awhile. Like the other day I needed more money in my checking account, so I just transfered some US dollars from my Coinbase account to my checking. You can also buy bitcoin from Coinbase or add dollars to your dollar wallet there.

• Like 1
cvgtpc1

Bottom line, can I withdraw bitcoin money with an ATM card?  I don't understand how you turn it into cash or if you even/ever do....

mikewright

If you transfer bitcoin to the Philippines exchange, how does the Philippines bitcoin exchange pay the PHP to you - cash, bank deposit, or some other method?

Can anyone answer this for me? It's the part of the transaction I don't understand.  Thanks.

easydrifter

I only opened my coins.ph account yesterday and haven't really used it to "cash out" sell.The site says you can, transfer money to a bank account, use cardless ATM instant payout, cash card, cash pickup, or door to door delivery.

cvgtpc1

So each bitcoin, or lot of them, is like stock shares?  And when you want funds you sell them and what you get is that per "share" price minus commission?  So the point is you're hoping they go up in "share" price to give you more value?

Right now I see this on coins.ph, what does it mean?

Buy:  PHP 10.596  Sell:  PHP 10, 439

Edited by cvgtpc1
easydrifter

That would be the price at this moment to buy or sell 1 whole entire bitcoin. You can buy any small increment you want to get started. You can open the account without any money in it at first to get setup.

Skywalker

Daddy, an exchange can be a good place to park some money for awhile.

Tell that to the investors who 'parked' their money in Mt. Gox.  " It announced that around 850,000 bitcoins belonging to customers and the company were missing and likely stolen, an amount valued at more than $450 million at the time."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox