Sign in to follow this  
Agustin

Returning to Cebu for in October, suggestions on what to do

Agustin

Hello everyone,

I am returning to the Philippines in October 2015, I'll have 13 days of actual on the ground time. I'll be arriving via Mactan airport and wouldn't mind some suggestions on what to do. I wasn't planning on venturing too far from Cebu, possibly Bacolod for Maskara and Bohol afterwards; I didn't plan on spending more than two or three days in Bacolod and Bohol each. What to do with the rest of my time? I will traveling alone so I am free to wander.

Suggestions, let's hear them.

Enuff

Maybe just search out some interesting ideas and plan a long travelling trip. 1 or 2 days at each stop. There's much to see and much to do. Planning is great but you might decide you like one place better than another

• Like 1

Lordblacknail

Here is my very best suggestion. Go to Chaing Mai, Thailand instead.

• Like 3

Skywalker

Difficult, because what you consider interesting may not be interesting to others.  You say you are returning to the Philippines, so what brings you here again?

• Like 1

Agustin

Difficult, because what you consider interesting may not be interesting to others.  You say you are returning to the Philippines, so what brings you here again?

Well, last year I traveled to the Philippines with a friend and the plan was to have her father be our guide on a motorcycle tour of Negros and Cebu. I, unfortunately, developed a sever case of diverticulitis on day 3 of being in the Philippines which found me on a plane back to the States ASAP. I was in and out of the hospital for almost 5 months, and now,  after surgery, am feeling up to completing my tour of the Philippines, albeit not on motorcycles. I consider myself a decently skilled motorcycle rider but after witnessing the driving habits in the Philippines, I can't see myself risking my life (I have ridden and driven in Mexico and I thought that was risky, no way I would ride in any of the metro areas in Philippines). My friend who stayed behind and completed the tour also said she would never do it again, and I consider her a more skilled rider than I am. 

This time around I want to tour mostly Cebu, see what there is to see and perhaps some of the surrounding areas. I was thinking of possibly heading to Boracay for a couple of days to check it out. I am more of a quality versus quantity type of person. I would rather visit a couple of places and fully enjoy them versus many and only glimpsing what they may have to offer.

I have no hard set set itinerary, except for my arrival and departure dates.

• Like 2

miles-high

Sorry to hear your interrupted tour of the Philippines…

I certainly do not recommend riding a motor cycle in the Philippines. Perhaps, you could tour by a car this time – we have done 2 trips from Manila to Cebu and driving most parts of the Cebu Island by car, as well as visited most major Philippine cities by air. If you are not up to driving a car, I would suggest you “hire” a car – the price is quite reasonable and you could see/visit more places…

You mentioned about going to Boracay – we prefer the hotel “resorts” on eastern shore of Mactan.

Anyway, you may wish to see some of the Cebu pics we took from air... and decide where you would like to visit.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/78087-above-cebu-the-final-chapter-in-my-aerial-tour/
http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/72133-camotesairport-pics/
http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/59364-above-cebu/

Enjoy!

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

I, unfortunately, developed a sever case of diverticulitis

I also suffer from that.  You will have to be very careful what you eat and drink in this country.  It is not friendly to folks with intestinal weakness and as far as I have been told you will never be free of the ailment.  I eat very little filipino food and even less if it is 'street food'.  I recommend the same for others with this difficulty.  But the many years I have been here tell me that you can live here with it.

If you just want to circle the island of Cebu with overnight stops at Oslob and Moaboal and visits to Bantayan and Camotes you will eat up all your time.

• Like 1

Michele G

Hello. October is yet too far but who knows days pass as quick as the tick of the clock. If I were you, you better decide as early as of now because you might regret when you are on the situation. You can ask questions just like this if you do not have any ideas at all. In relation to your concerns, you are trying to get some suggestions on what to do and where to go on your remaining days. I recommend you to go back to Mactan. There are a lot of Hotels, beaches, resorts located in the Island and i'm sure you'll have fun as you stay in there. Or if ever you dont like to stay in the Island, Cebu also has a lot of destinations for tourist to enjoy. If you want to go dancing, you can go to Sunflower at Lahug. If you want some Karaoke, you can go to POD5 at the Banilad Town Center. If you just want to hang out in a restobar, you can go to Sinners and Saints in Banilad or a sportsbar called Badgers. You can also go to T.G.I.F in Ayala where the food, beer and service are really good. Or if you want some quiet and nice place, you can go to Tops, you can actually enjoy the lights around Cebu. About where to eat, many of it around Cebu, no worries about that. 

• Like 1

Agustin

Thank you for the suggestions to those that offered them to me, I appreciate them. 

BossHog
You can also go to T.G.I.F in Ayala where the food, beer and service are really good.

the food is calorie-laden crap, the beer isn't usually cold, there are transgender prossies everywhere and it's way over-priced.

maybe some people like that kinda thing, i dunno.

each to their own.

but TGIF in Ayala is one of the worst places in the entire archipelago.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 9

Wolfpack

Hello. October is yet too far but who knows days pass as quick as the tick of the clock. If I were you, you better decide as early as of now because you might regret when you are on the situation. You can ask questions just like this if you do not have any ideas at all. In relation to your concerns, you are trying to get some suggestions on what to do and where to go on your remaining days. I recommend you to go back to Mactan. There are a lot of Hotels, beaches, resorts located in the Island and i'm sure you'll have fun as you stay in there. Or if ever you dont like to stay in the Island, Cebu also has a lot of destinations for tourist to enjoy. If you want to go dancing, you can go to Sunflower at Lahug. If you want some Karaoke, you can go to POD5 at the Banilad Town Center. If you just want to hang out in a restobar, you can go to Sinners and Saints in Banilad or a sportsbar called Badgers. You can also go to T.G.I.F in Ayala where the food, beer and service are really good. Or if you want some quiet and nice place, you can go to Tops, you can actually enjoy the lights around Cebu. About where to eat, many of it around Cebu, no worries about that. 

to the best of my knowledge, Badgers closed like 5 years ago...if they reopened somewhere...please provide the new location...

I know for a fact, Sunflower was torn down and no longer exists...

Edited by Wolfpack

Wolfpack

Hello everyone,

I am returning to the Philippines in October 2015, I'll have 13 days of actual on the ground time. I'll be arriving via Mactan airport and wouldn't mind some suggestions on what to do. I wasn't planning on venturing too far from Cebu, possibly Bacolod for Maskara and Bohol afterwards; I didn't plan on spending more than two or three days in Bacolod and Bohol each. What to do with the rest of my time? I will traveling alone so I am free to wander.

depends on your budget...

low end budget:

1) Got directly to Mango Square...about midnight "J Ave" is the place to be...on weekends anyway

(big budget - Go to Infinity KTV before going to "J Ave")

2) Kawasan Falls south of Cebu City... (low budget - take a Ceres Bus from South Bus Terminal)

(big budget - take a taxi to Planet Action Adventure in Moalboal and hire them to do the river climb @ Kawasan Falls)

If You have a Super Size Budget:

Go directly to J Park Island Resort (Formerly known as Imperial Palace)

Enuff

1) Got directly to Mango Square...about midnight "J Ave" is the place to be...on weekends anyway

(big budget - Go to Infinity KTV before going to "J Ave")

LCBC LinC pastor? ?

• Like 1

Wolfpack

LCBC LinC pastor? ?

He did not say he was coming to Cebu on a missions trip...

• Like 1

colemanlee

LCBC LinC pastor? ?

At times like this, I always ask myself...what would Jimmy Swaggart do?   :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2