So many opinions

Obviously many do not read all the posts before commenting

It has nothing to do with tipping, this was a demand

It has nothing to do with language

The guy had a great command of english and i was accompanied by a local

The chances of getting another job from liloan wiuld be greater than most

So back to the origional post

This was a scam,

My apologies for generalized name calling...i was in a scrappy troll mood.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• contraman

• Enuff

• colemanlee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a taxi from South Terminal to Liloan. Driver said it would be meter plus P50. Okay why plus P50 I asked, His reply was the it was far  Isn't that what taxis are for, to go far,? I said Silence

Although most of my taxi experience is in Manila, I'm with contraman on this. I don't do the "meter plus" BS. Or flat rate at often double what the meter price would be. Before I get into a taxi I as

Lyn and I requested meter only on a trip from Cebu airport to a regular hotel we stop at in Cebu called Amigo I think in the city. Half way there he changed his mind and asked quite a bit more. Sorry

Posted Images

smokey

Wait, Ill get my little fiddle so it can play hearts and flowers

take the dust out of your wallet for a start..

smokey

Correct.  Tipping is an american custom.  I'm not in america, I'm not from america.  When in Rome do as the Romans do.  Tipping is not part of Philippines culture.  If locals aren't inclined to habitually tip, why should I?

I want to be accepted as neither above nor below the locals.  Were I to tip, I would be saying "I am better than you, see?  Here's the monetary proof."  I treat people as they come and expect to be treated equally.

On the contrary, the fare includes all the above.  Possibly excepting the baggage assistance.  If a taxi isn't clean and safely driven, they are in breach of their taxi licensing provisions.

do you follow the rest of the customs or just the ones you feel cost money? 

smokey

"Tipping starts with people wanting to be generous, or to show off, but then it becomes something where people just do it because it's expected of them," says Michael Lynn, a professor of consumer behavior and marketing at Cornell University who has written more than 50 research papers on tipping. When we tip, we are essentially buying the right to avoid disapproval and guilt -- a uniquely first-world problem.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/17/abolish-tipping_n_5991796.html

wow there is a book for everything did he right a book on the correct way to take a dump also 

Enuff

wow there is a book for everything did he right a book on the correct way to take a dump also 

yes, its titled "wipe twice, wash once"

• Like 1
smokey

yes, its titled "wipe twice, wash once"

can I borrow your copy unless its used as a CR reading material book

Enuff

can I borrow your copy unless its used as a CR reading material book

good news and bad news

good news - its currently in the CR

bad news - we ran out of toilet paper and now pages 1 through 17 are missing

• Like 1