Enuff

So I am a fool now ?

I am as good as my word, I have no problem giving someone trying make a living money.

The more I give away the more I get back.

To me the difference is giving and taking. If it's demanded upfront because of race it's taking. If offered upon completion that's giving.

When alone I quite frequently tip between p60 to p150, because I'm not good at holding onto small bills & coins.

But if I'm told upfront there is a surcharge I exit immediately

• Like 6
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• contraman

• Enuff

• colemanlee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a taxi from South Terminal to Liloan. Driver said it would be meter plus P50. Okay why plus P50 I asked, His reply was the it was far  Isn't that what taxis are for, to go far,? I said Silence

Although most of my taxi experience is in Manila, I'm with contraman on this. I don't do the "meter plus" BS. Or flat rate at often double what the meter price would be. Before I get into a taxi I as

Lyn and I requested meter only on a trip from Cebu airport to a regular hotel we stop at in Cebu called Amigo I think in the city. Half way there he changed his mind and asked quite a bit more. Sorry

Posted Images

contraman

To me the difference is giving and taking. If it's demanded upfront because of race it's taking. If offered upon completion that's giving.

This point is lost on so many :(

• Like 1
SkyMan

He is not going to get a hailed fare from Liloan back to Cebu.
Once upon a time but not any more.
  • Like 1
BOHOLTOR

Yes, just try to talk a little bit Bisaya, then, no problem.

I got the initial point, but arguing with a taxi driver, getting out and changing taxis is not worth 50 pesos to me.

I guess you were running out of original material to post on a public message forum.

If you send me the taxi drivers info, I will for sure give him Php500 pesos, but I do not trust giving anyone else the money to pass it on to him.

SkyMan

For those of you thinking the guy would have made more with a lot of little fares I think that's hogwash.  Having the flag down for an hour is gold for a hack.  Driving around honking at possible fares and sitting in queues doesn't bring home the lechon.  I bet a lot of days those guys would be ok with bringing home p375 and just a few other fares.  A few years ago you didn't see many cabs here in Liloan but they're quite common now so someone must be riding them.  As for the kano remark, the real meaning there is that a local wouldn't pay extra, maybe you would.  I don't play that game.

Hacks have pissed me off here enough though.  It's been a long time since I road one.  When I fly to Manila to visit the VA, I walk.  It's not that far and better for me anyway.

• Like 1
Enuff

I got the initial point, but arguing with a taxi driver, getting out and changing taxis is not worth 50 pesos to me.

I guess you were running out of original material to post on a public message forum.

If you send me the taxi drivers info, I will for sure give him Php500 pesos, but I do not trust giving anyone else the money to pass it on to him.

I never argue

I just get out

Its a matter of principle

If everyone pays p50 extra, soon they will expect p100. Maybe p500.

Then Filipinos won't even be able to afford a taxi.

Soon it will be more profitable to sit and c wait for "extra fare" rather than work.

As far as Liloan, I very rarely see one ever empty, either way.

• Like 1
smokey

The port in manila when you get off the boat they only allow a select group of taxi we wanted to go Cherry Blossom about 160 peso by meter the first guys says 1,000 peso and i have to share the taxi with another couple ... we said no and 30 min later it was 600 peso again no my wife is stubborn .. 45 min later the price is down to 400 and i said yes.. almost the same in cebu port... you have to walk almost to SM to get a taxi ..... today mall of asia taxi said its traffic time extra 100 peso over meter i said no he DROVE off ... next guy said 50 over i said fine...  must be a culture thing

• Like 2
Davaoeno

I never argue

I just get out

Soon it will be more profitable to sit and c wait for "extra fare" rather than work.

as conspiracy theories go yours wins award of the day !!      J-U-S-T-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N

• Like 2
smokey

I never argue

I just get out

well principle is great just not when i am standing in the sun with two pieces of luggage look at it the other way we foreigners are helping the economy 

• Like 1
Davaoeno

So I am a fool now ?

I am as good as my word, I have no problem giving someone trying make a living money. 

If you would be so kind as to give me one of your better condos I am sure you will end up getting a huge amount back.  

• Like 4
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

oday mall of asia taxi said its traffic time extra 100 peso over meter i said no he DROVE off ... next guy said 50 over i said fine...  must be a culture thing

Today is a bad day to be going to/from any mall. It is a payday before a holiday. And that is SOP for Manila taxis during busy times. And always the case when they know there are more passengers looking for taxis than taxi's available.  Meters are only used there when there are more taxis than people wanting a taxi. 

I could live in just about any other capital city in Asia without a car, but not Manila. 

contraman

Yes, just try to talk a little bit Bisaya, then, no problem.

What are you on about, This is an issue about Taxi Scams, Not a thread on Languages.

BTW, The taxi driver spoke perfect English :)

• Like 1
contraman

So I am a fool now ?

And you call yourself a businessman, If you think and act like that your credibility as such is shot :)

Puc rate is the law. A filipino would not pay the extra charge, why should they expect it from an Americano?