ozboy

The only time ive seen multiple requests for exorbitant extra fares,have been trying to get a taxi from Pier 1.... better to keep walking till you get out of the immediate area...

• Like 3
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• contraman

• colemanlee

• Enuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a taxi from South Terminal to Liloan. Driver said it would be meter plus P50. Okay why plus P50 I asked, His reply was the it was far  Isn't that what taxis are for, to go far,? I said Silence

Although most of my taxi experience is in Manila, I'm with contraman on this. I don't do the "meter plus" BS. Or flat rate at often double what the meter price would be. Before I get into a taxi I as

Lyn and I requested meter only on a trip from Cebu airport to a regular hotel we stop at in Cebu called Amigo I think in the city. Half way there he changed his mind and asked quite a bit more. Sorry

Posted Images

JSL-USMC

You protected the American way of life. Proud of you. After all 50 peso is 50 peso. That will buy you a beer.

God bless you.

• Like 1
Enuff

Utter bullshit!!

I pay meter or nothing else!!

The wife pays the fare, rarely a tip.

Liloan is starving for taxis. Rarely do they even make it back to SM Consolacion before picking up the next fare.

Now from SM is a different story. Nobody wants to go to Liloan, you have to ask before hopping in. Apparently they think everyone shopping in Colsolacion lives in Banilad or Mandaue.

• Like 1
colemanlee

The wife pays the fare, rarely a tip.

In the week we were there, we never had a problem....always just paid the meter or just rounded it up....Maybe cause my wife has the Waray temper? :unknw:

• Like 3
contraman

In the week we were there, we never had a problem....always just paid the meter or just rounded it up....Maybe cause my wife has the Waray temper? :unknw:

Likewise, Jane does all the negotiating and paying,

As the initial conversations were in Cebuano, it was her that brought it to my attention.

BTW, the driver had a great command of the English language, so there is no way, as suggested by a previous poster that there was any communication issue at all.

It was a straight out attempt to get something he was not entitled to.

He was caught out, and he knows it.

This may save someone else being scammed by him.

To the poster that said he would send the driver P500, A fool and his money are soon parted, but Yes I do have all the details, PM me and I will send them to you, and I will also follow up to see if you are as good as your word :(

• Like 4

he said but you are Americano

What an insult for the guy to call a gorilla an Americano, I am not sure if you should have been insulted or if us Americans should. :P

All kidding aside, whenever someone tries to do that to me, I give them the meter and tell them I can call the LTO if they try to insist, then as I get out of the taxi, I tell them I would have tipped them p100 had they not tried to rip me off. I also like to play the exact change routine, I give them say p100 and ask for p20 change for a p70 meter and then when they say they do not have change, I give them exactly p70 with no tip.

BTW, right now it is supposed to be p10 off the meter so the gorilla gave the guy p10 too much. :D

• Like 3
Enuff

What an insult for the guy to call a gorilla an Americano, I am not sure if you should have been insulted or if us Americans should.

All kidding aside, whenever someone tries to do that to me, I give them the meter and tell them I can call the LTO if they try to insist, then as I get out of the taxi, I tell them I would have tipped them p100 had they not tried to rip me off. I also like to play the exact change routine, I give them say p100 and ask for p20 change for a p70 meter and then when they say they do not have change, I give them exactly p70 with no tip.

BTW, right now it is supposed to be p10 off the meter so the gorilla gave the guy p10 too much. :D

I have seen 1 (one) taxi with that sign.

He got a tip, I made sure of that.

• Like 1
contraman

BTW, right now it is supposed to be p10 off the meter so the gorilla gave the guy p10 too much.

No, This one had the Yellow calibrated April 2015 sign on the windscreen :)

• Like 1
shadow

No, This one had the Yellow calibrated April 2015 sign on the windscreen :)

Right, but if it started at P40, a P10 reduction is supposed to be given according to LTFRB. The flag down rate is now P30.

My god, he scammed you out of P10 anyway!

Edited by shadow
  • Like 4
cebulover2000

I don't like using taxi but whenever we do and the driver tries something, I just tell him calmly that I will pay only pay meter - if the meter is off, he gets nothing. As pointed out, Pier 1 is a pain, but last time at 9 pm we only had to walk 100 meters to get a brand new metered taxi and a nice polite drivers, I guess it''s my charm and the way I laugh at taxi drivers who are trying to ask for more.

contraman

Right, but if it started at P40, a P10 reduction is supposed to be given according to LTFRB. The flag down rate is now P30.

My god, he scammed you out of P10 anyway!

I should have said (for the benefit of those riding the  :paul: )

Yes the flagfall was P30 :)

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

you are Americano

That statement gets immediate disdain and contempt from me under any circumstance. 

• Like 3
manly4eva

In China I was getting a cab to the docks in Wuhan for a Yangtze cruise.Driver with no English has me on the phone to an English speaking friend who explains that there will be no return trip for the guy so will I pay half return fare?I agreed and we set off.In the middle of nowhere he pulls over and gives me the phone again, the price is now triple, after lots of yelling I realized I have no choice but to agree.When I arrived at the docks I paid him only the meter price,no extra and told him to fu*k off..Wow he was 1 pissed off little Chinaman.. If he played fair I would have too, but screw the him..

• Like 4

To the poster that said he would send the driver P500, A fool and his money are soon parted, but Yes I do have all the details, PM me and I will send them to you, and I will also follow up to see if you are as good as your word :(

So I am a fool now ?

I am as good as my word, I have no problem giving someone trying make a living money. 

The more I give away the more I get back. 

• Like 1
ex231

just think , you can get to where you are going at Filipino price with no haggling , if that's what you want.

I thought that was the purpose of the meter?

• Like 2