Sign in to follow this  
Shrek484

Last stupid question

Shrek484

Any suggestions as where to stay on Bohol, would you pre book or just wing it? I have pre booked Cebu and Bantanyan island.

Thanks 

Ash.

Paul

I was rather fond of Bohol Tropics. A bit costly, but nice. 

http://www.boholtropicsresort.ph/

woodchopper

Hope Homes is a budget hotel/pension with free motorbike,,online also i think?

Shrek484

Paul its too expensive for what it is and so many bad reviews!

Hope looks great apart from no pool and not near the beach, either or would of been perfect, but bike may swing that one.

cebulover2000

Lost Horizon Annex

• Like 1

Paul
Paul its too expensive for what it is and so many bad reviews!

You asked for suggestions, Ash. That was mine.

And, you didn't mention a budget concerning this particular accommodation. 

So, naturally, I was under the impression you may be willing to spend a bit more for this particular part of your trip. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

jonjo

I stayed at the Flower Garden Hotel Panglao and It was nice, nice owner, pool and a short walk to the beach.Hope this helps, good luck.

goggleye

tropical sands beach resort is pretty nice but not so cheap 

Hope Homes is a budget hotel/pension with free motorbike,,online also i think?

looks like a great place  http://hopehomes-danao.com/index.php/en/rooms-and-rates

RPretire?

Panglao Beach and the SM Mall in Tagbiliran is about it.  Loboc River Cruise was an ok once in a lifetime... (go once and your good rest of your life) event.

Ohh on Cebu on your way too Bohol stop at Oslob to see and swim with whale sharks (Stay OUTSIDE of town) 4 better prices.

Nangulo

Where are ya going?  I stayed once at the Hilltop Cottages on the fly.  Halfway between Loboc and Chocolate Hills.  Very nice.  Pool, restaurant were OK.  Quiet, up in the mahogany forest.

http://hilltopcottagesresortbohol.webs.com/

• Like 1

Holmes

Okay this thread is very useful. I will be there in a couple weeks and while I already have a place picked in Cebu City, I need a place near the "whale sharks" and on bohol to see the chocolate hills and go up the Loboc river!

Shrek484

Thanks all,

Think I am sorted just about, some great help so a massive thanks to all. Paul sorry, yes I did not mention budget because it is not that important, I looked at that place and it has a wad of very bad reviews and it was not cheap. So that's what made me say its expensive. Should of said it does not look like value for money.

My plans are ;-

Cebu for 3 days and 2 nights- welcome hotel

Bantayan island for 7 nights - beach placid resort

Davo city - few days - nothing booked just wing it

Bohol island approx 10 days , less or longer as I feel, wing it

Cebu - 2 days, ready for flight back 

27 days in all, should be fun and made a lot easier by all the help here, big thanks to all.

Paul

Okay this thread is very useful. I will be there in a couple weeks and while I already have a place picked in Cebu City, I need a place near the "whale sharks" and on bohol to see the chocolate hills and go up the Loboc river!

:hijack:

• Like 3

Holmes

:hijack:

Hey im from Brooklyn NY, I am use to hijacking things!

• Like 2

Enuff

Lost Horizon Annex

Lost horizon annex is always my 1st choice. At p2087 per night including breakfast the rooms all have a private balcony, reasonably price mini bar and great location. Short walk to the beach and even closer to the main street. Alona has great restaurants and a few decent tours. Honestly 3 days is ample in bohol. Much better to head back to cebu and hit moalboal for the other 3 days. Edited by bigmook
  • Like 1