Wolfpack

I can't find your thread on high school...

you will not believe what I heard today...

elementary school in the philippines with be 10 years from now and forever more (til they change it again...)

and high school will be 6 years...

16 years of school? "yes sir, that is what I am telling you" - Bayawan, Negros High School Admin...

anyone that went to high school last year...that did not go directly to college...must return to high school...

this is what Bayawan, Negros high school is telling their community...

it can not possibly be correct can it?

meanwhile, my wife's brother is preparing to return to high school...diploma's were not issued to students that did not report directly to college following the 2014-15 school year...

wife's parents and the rest of that community is freaking out...

I tell them calm down, it can't possibly be correct...they remind me, this is the Philippines...not America...

I still say something sounds seriously wrong here...this can not be correct...

jtmwatchbiz

you will not believe what I heard today...

and neither should you...

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Not a bad idea, since 'college' here is basically the education I got in high school. 

• Like 7
Wolfpack

Not a bad idea, since 'college' here is basically the education I got in high school.

IMO, they do a great job with preschool here...and maybe even grade one...but it appears to be all down hill from there...

evaluating schools for my kids this year...with my oldest entering 2nd grade...and the search is not going well...

• Like 1
SkyMan

If that.

• Like 1

I don't live in the Philippines, But if I did. I would be home schooling my kids via the internet

• Like 1
Wolfpack

I don't live in the Philippines, But if I did. I would be home schooling my kids via the internet

that is my suggestion...and we have a family member here in the Philippines that is an actual teacher...now, it would seem to be the obvious answer...why is it I am having such a tough time getting this deal done?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

BossHog seems to be missing.

Let's see if we can call him.

• Like 1
Enuff

1st was educated via regular system and just completed 2nd year college. IMHO she is now at the same level as American graduate. 2 more years of college and she will earn her bachelor's degree equivalent to the associates degree in USA.

2nd is now 9 yrs old and in 6th grade in a private home school via church. She plays piano and guitar. Speaks tagalog, visayan, english, spanish, german, sign language and is learning Japanese. They go to school year round with 2 breaks (2 weeks for Christmas and 1 week for easter). They have many requirements for homework, parental involvement and student participation. When she graduates 12th grade IMHO she will be at associates degree by USA standards.

There are many schools out there. None are advertised because it's FREE tuition and they only can accept a few local students.

Good luck in your quest.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

1st was educated via regular system and just completed 2nd year college. IMHO she is now at the same level as American graduate. 2 more years of college and she will earn her bachelor's degree equivalent to the associates degree in USA.

2nd is now 9 yrs old and in 6th grade in a private home school via church. She plays piano and guitar. Speaks tagalog, visayan, english, spanish, german, sign language and is learning Japanese. They go to school year round with 2 breaks (2 weeks for Christmas and 1 week for easter). They have many requirements for homework, parental involvement and student participation. When she graduates 12th grade IMHO she will be at associates degree by USA standards.

There are many schools out there. None are advertised because it's FREE tuition and they only can accept a few local students.

Good luck in your quest.

Hope your right about your 2nd.

I've met many Filipino with college degrees and they still weren't even at the level of a high school graduate in the USA. At least not where I went to school. It's pathetic.

Yet most licensed professionals I've met seem to be as competent as any of their counterparts in the USA.

9 years old and in 6th grade ?

My daughter here in the US is 10 and in the 4th grade

Your daughter is obviously very intelegent to learn all those languages at such an early age. Did she skip a few grades?

goggleye

The word is the legislature wont give k-12 the final passage unless Aquino is re-elected  - If he isnt re-elected then it won't pass  

• Administrator
Salty Dog

The word is the legislature wont give k-12 the final passage unless Aquino is re-elected  - If he isnt re-elected then it won't pass  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he couldn't run again.

Under Article 7, Section 4 of the 1987 Constitution, a person who has already been elected President is automatically ineligible for immediate reelection. No person who has succeeded as President and has served as such for more than four years is likewise forbidden from being re-elected to a second term. 

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
goggleye

thats the last thing i read on it just a short time ago   - maybe its another way to say it wont happen ?

Enuff

9 years old and in 6th grade ?

My daughter here in the US is 10 and in the 4th grade

Your daughter is obviously very intelegent to learn all those languages at such an early age. Did she skip a few grades?

They attend school year round and work off of the PACE system, identical to what is used in USA for prove and home schooling.. I may forgotten english as soon language but it's the only language allowed at school.