Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Suggestions For Small Fund Raisers

jtmwatchbiz

dammit they need help not stupid remarks that makes the poster feel better about them selves ok im off my soap box you guys know who you are and so do the other people on here

sorry my friend but you of all people know the remarks that you and roy are taking exception to are from those of us who have already sweated with boots on the ground efforts to help cathy as well as dig into our own pockets with the largest donations so far. monsoon's was the largest.

the issue as i see it is roy is willing to indulge himself into making long laundry lists of highly instruction-specific pseudo demands lightly disguised as suggestions yet can't seem to make the effort do do something as simple as contact the band members he knows and coordinate them with venues some of us have found for his benefit concert idea. it's his style of passing off the duties to others that is alienating most to donate, which is a shame as the gal depended on him and is now in a serious jamb. 

i agree this is a very serious situation and i have met cathy and personally handed her my and others' money, and i am more than willing to continue to help but i think someone other than roy needs to take the bull by the horns, create a thread validating this situation as well as handling all funds to insure they go directly to cathy. there is a reason cathy isn't innundated with donations and it isn't because of a few remarks, it's due to roy's style on the forum.

now, before some start to get indignant over what i have said, perhaps channel that energy into digging into your own pockets and hand it over to me so i can once again drive to meet the gal and pay her medical bills...if bigger results are to be had then someone besides roy needs to be creating threads on this.

• Like 5

ROVER

sorry my friend but you of all people know the remarks that you and roy are taking exception to are from those of us who have already sweated with boots on the ground efforts to help cathy as well as dig into our own pockets with the largest donations so far. monsoon's was the largest.

the issue as i see it is roy is willing to indulge himself into making long laundry lists of highly instruction-specific pseudo demands lightly disguised as suggestions yet can't seem to make the effort do do something as simple as contact the band members he knows and coordinate them with venues some of us have found for his benefit concert idea. it's his style of passing off the duties to others that is alienating most to donate, which is a shame as the gal depended on him and is now in a serious jamb. 

i agree this is a very serious situation and i have met cathy and personally handed her my and others' money, and i am more than willing to continue to help but i think someone other than roy needs to take the bull by the horns, create a thread validating this situation as well as handling all funds to insure they go directly to cathy. there is a reason cathy isn't innundated with donations and it isn't because of a few remarks, it's due to roy's style on the forum.

now, before some start to get indignant over what i have said, perhaps channel that energy into digging into your own pockets and hand it over to me so i can once again drive to meet the gal and pay her medical bills...if bigger results are to be had then someone besides roy needs to be creating threads on this.

I agree with you 100%...that is what I have been saying and have said.............I am not good with people...all I know how to do is be upfront, straight out, frank and honest... I don't know the people and places that so many of you do....I have made many mistakes over the years no doubt you are right on and I agree 100 %...Somebody suggests I make a list of different types of smaller fundraiser and I do....then I get lambasted for doing so by others........I don't post and I get lambasted for not posting...It is true what they say "You can't please everyone, and I "try" to please everyone......YOU ARE RIGHT...somebody who wants to help needs to take it by the horns and DO IT...

And by the way it was not me who thought of the concert Idea it was "Jesse J-dog" and he is still trying to get something together to work it out, yes, surprise I am in contact with him...and he like Towboat 77 72 (sry bout that) is actively trying to get something set up....like I said no one who is actively involved is sitting around.

So to anyone who wants to get something sit up and make it work like I said hey go for it, I support your attempt 10,000 % you want to hold on to the money cause you don't like me great go for just make sure Cathy get's what she needs and has it on hand for her meds, doctors visits, transportation and such without having to beg for it twice.....just let us know and we will let you know when and where to bring the money to the pharmacy, doctors office, taxi or whatever when she needs it.

And to all who have helped I am grateful and I am grateful to Fred for making the effort to go to the hospital and hand deliver the money that had been sent to him by other forum members....  We will probably never like each other (he has made it clear I am too fat, poor and stupid for his likes) but I am still grateful for what he has done for us (Cathy)...

Edited by ROVER
  • Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

(he has made it clear I am too fat, poor and stupid for his likes)

it's this kind of patent dishonesty that is causing members to balk at your threads. please feel free to show where i have ever said such stuff.

for the sake of your wife, i would suggest you stop posting threads and alienating the forum members and work behind the scenes to assist whoever steps up for the task. this is a serious situation and no one wants to see your wife go without the medical attention she needs, and no one has ever called you foul names. get serious and act your age, as you play a big part in why your wife now needs help and has no where to turn to except us and others.   

• Like 2

ROVER

and no one has ever called you foul names.

Would you like me to post the PM that Paul started where you called me every name in the book, degraded both me a Brucewayne, I have it copied and waiting to post if you would like me to post it I will (the whole conversation) even Paul had to try to cool you down and tell  you to back off.....got it all....again do you want me to post it here?

Every time you degrade someone who is FAT, an expat that don't have as much money as you for being poor and not planning ahead...you make it very clear how you feel about Poor, Fat, stupid expats......all anyone has to do is go back and read your posts.....

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

Would you like me to post the PM that Paul started where you called me every name in the book, degraded both me a Brucewayne, I have it copied and waiting to post if you would like me to post it I will (the whole conversation) even Paul had to try to cool you down and tell  you to back off.....got it all....again do you want me to post it here?

Every time you degrade someone who is FAT, an expat that don't have as much money as you for being poor and not planning ahead...you make it very clear how you feel about Poor, Fat, stupid expats......all anyone has to do is go back and read your posts.....

go for it

• Like 2

Monsoon

If nobody will write the copy for you, then have a look at several successful medical campaigns on gofundme and make your best effort. Send me what you got and I will provide you with my honest suggestions.

Dig up several pictures and then I can give you my opinion on which ones would be most effective. 

How many friends do you have on FB? 

Weren't you a minister before? How many worldwide members are there of that church and can you get cooperation to spread the word of this emergency situation throughout all the congregations? Could this be done with a quick email/phone campaign? could you get a list of all the churches and contact info? 

Get to work on this and get it done today. 

Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today. 

• Like 6

ROVER

Most successful fund raising drives have a clear goal in mind. So I suggest the goal be made known, along with progress to date towards that goal. Instead of saying, "My wife desperately needs help." I suggest you be specific, "My wife needs xxx,xxx pesos for a heart valve replacement. To date we have raised xx,xxx. and we have xxx,xxx to go." 

Then deploy your various fund raising efforts: 

"Please join us on the XX of May at 6PM at XXXXXX for a benefit concert. 500 pesos entrance of which 100% goes towards Cathy's operation fund." 

It might even help to have a note from the doctor outlining exactly what needs to be done and the expected cost of such. This is the Philippines after all, where people tend to get a certification from their barangay regarding any calamity or life disaster that they are seeking assistance on. Not only that but it would provide more clear focus that I think your efforts greatly need. 

Have you considered the already mentioned crowd funding options? There are a few. Like this one, http://www.gofundme.com/Medical-Illness-Healing/  which has its  own section dedicated to medical cases. 

Look at the size of the need in some of those cases, I think your needs don't seem so insurmountable to you when you have a look at that page. Get someone to help you write some good copy. Include those certifications. Pictures of your wife in happy times. Get some repsected community members (barangay captain, mayor, priest etc) to write short notes confirming the real need. The world today is a skeptical place, and ad to that the Philippines factor, I would make sure to take that out of the equation. 

Anyway there's some ideas for you - now execute them! 

You are right 100% and I am doing that on FB...the few times I tried posting information (just like above) I was PM and told I should not be the one doing the posting...but then no one contacted me and said "give me the information and I will post it"... I really am trying very hard to the best of my ability to do the things I know how to do where no one PM me telling me "not to post"...

Like I said before, I am at a loss on what to do or what to do next...every time I post something here someone blasts me and be littles me.....

I even wrote a song to thank people here for there help but I was told (by someone) that I shouldn't be posting music cause it looks like I am only sitting around while everyone else is doing the leg work...I guess people who aren't musically inclined don't realize it only takes me about 5 minutes to write a song.

So honestly and with all sincerity which way do I turn? What do I do...especially when Cathy also reads this forum and sees what people are saying and posting.

I really am at a loss, I admit that...heck I even offered to donate blood when one of the other forum members needed some...and if it is something I think I can help with I offer on the PM not in public....that's just not me.

And I do think thank you for your post....

Edited by ROVER
  • Like 1

ROVER

If nobody will write the copy for you, then have a look at several successful medical campaigns on gofundme and make your best effort. Send me what you got and I will provide you with my honest suggestions.

I will be sending you a PM with my email address and if you will send me yours (make one just for me if you want)...I will send you some photos and try to come up with something...this is what I need "suggestions" that mean something that I can understand. Thanks....

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

So honestly and with all sincerity which way do I turn? What do I do.

did you already finish the work list monsoon just outlined for you?

• Like 1

Monsoon

I will be sending you a PM with my email address and if you will send me yours (make one just for me if you want)...I will send you some photos and try to come up with something...this is what I need "suggestions" that mean something that I can understand. Thanks....

So I think its best to reach out beyond this forum and the immediate community and I am sure there are many people around the would that would help - but they need an easy way to do so. The gofundme makes that easy. So get that up by this weekend and then I can help you with some ideas to increase exposure on the campaign.

Once the campaign is up instead of just sharing it on my FB I will send a private message to people with my personal endorsement of your situation. I'm sure you'll have your first donation within hours of publishing your campaign. 

Study a few of those campaigns and get writing that copy- its the first step. Also make sure you go through  the requirements to put up a Gofundme campaign. Identify any potential  roadblocks and run them by us so we can find a solution for them. 

• Like 6

Davaoeno

If I remember right another foreigner tried that and was lambasted on here for it. (just a few weeks ago)

I'm surprised you would let the fear of being lambasted stop you from saving Cathy's life .

• Like 3

ozboy

and my wife n her family will share it as well.....

• Like 2

ROVER

I'm surprised you would let the fear of being lambasted stop you from saving Cathy's life .

Your right............................I was wrong................