Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Suggestions For Small Fund Raisers

ROVER

Posted With Permission of the "Boss"

This is a copy paste of the PM I sent to Paul, I feel kinda weird doing the posting since it is to benefit us but I figured to do the whole PM would be the best.

Hi Paul: You asked me about ideas for the concert and all...I am thinking about posting this list of other fundraisers that people could do simple...reason is because one guy sent some money and I went to pick it up and it was 1,000 php when I got home he had sent me a message apologizing that was all he could do cause his mother in-law is dying and they are paying for that too...and I though "How sad" that someone gives all they have and feels ashamed"...so I tried to make that clear to him that any amount is from the heart...So anyway I got to thinking that people on the forum might feel the same way.....I don't know good idea bad idea here is what I was going to post and you let me know...you these guys better than I do.

Fundraiser Ideas

A: FOOD
#1: Bake Sale - A bake sale is one of the easier fundraisers. Get a group of friends, family, church member, Club members, whatever….each has a limited amount of cash they can donate, but if they put it all together and buy the ingredients for Bake goods…..and each one of them bake some goodies or get together if you have a large kitchen and do the baking together… It’s worth having an assortment of different types of dessert to meet every taste, ranging from cakes and pies to smaller alternatives like cookies and muffins. Package items in different amounts (for example, cookies could be bought individually or in a bag) to ensure you have something for everyone and every budget.
All of the items in your bake sale should be clearly labeled with the price and ingredients list. To avoid allergic reactions, any products that contain nuts should have this information on them.
When the day of the sale comes round, set all of your baked goods up on a long table together with a cash box for sales and please make sure you have change and (don't) try to squeeze an extra peso by saying “I don’t have change” Might be wise to have drinks for sale to help them wash it down.

#2: Spaghetti dinner
#3: Pancake Breakfast or Dinner
#4: Lugaw
#5: Hot Dogs
#6: Sandwiches
#7: Fried Chicken
#8: Pop Corn
#9: Sausage
People love to eat Food is always a good sell just find the right place to set up for a day or half a day or whatever you decide to do.

B: USED CLOTHING
Get your family, church members, forum friends, club, to donate GOOD used clothing and set up what we call a ‘Closet Sale’.
Make sure everything is clean and repaired put a price folded nicely and set up a long table like you would for the bake sale. Lay them out on the Table and have change. May have drinks for sale

C: GARAGE SALE
Again get family, friends, church members, forum friends, club to donate GOOD USED ITEMS. It can be almost anything…cookery, audio, video, Cd’s…radios, CD players, DVD players, tools, clothing bedding almost anything. Make sure everything is priced and works…Maybe sell drinks either by the bottle, can or use mix and sell by the cup…..a mix is only 10pesos for a 1 litter package.

D: CAR WASH

C: FESTIVAL
Do a mixture of all these things if you have a place to do them and you can add stuff like, a cake walk, bust the balloon, so many things can be done….

These are just basic simple ideas that won’t take much time, but some…..a lot of people think little things won’t matter like they will say oh 2,000 pesos isn’t gonna help…but let me ask you this….

“If 20 people all do something like what is mentioned above wherever they live and raise only 2,000 php each…WHAT DOES THAT EQUAL? (40,000 PHP) It all adds up and helps…maybe this will help also if and when someone else needs help too…things like this is what we did in the States for Ministry fundraising, school fund raising…It does not have to be BIG….

(Thanks Guys and Girls)...Rover

Edited by ROVER

billy

Maybe i missed something why are you having fund raiser? How can someone donate?

• Like 2

Davaoeno

As I am sure you are aware Rover busking is a very old and much honored profession.  Have you considered  doing it ?  It would seem like a perfect match for you. 

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

please make sure you have change and try to squeeze an extra peso by saying “I don’t have change”

of all the instructions you included with this shopping list of things we can do for you, this one stands out as the end all.

ROVER

of all the instructions you included with this shopping list of things we can do for you, this one stands out as the end all.

That is supposed to read "(don't) try to squeeze an extra peso by saying you don't have change" my bad.......you know that happens all the time here....(not really sure if this was meant as a "gig" or not but whatever the case thank you for bringing it to my attention.)

Edited by ROVER

jtmwatchbiz

That is supposed to read "(don't) try to squeeze an extra peso by saying you don't have change" my bad.......you know that happens all the time here....(not really sure if this was meant as a "gig" or not but whatever the case thank you for bringing it to my attention.)

thanks for clarifying that, as none of us would want to sqeeze anyone out of their money.

• Like 1

ROVER

As I am sure you are aware Rover busking is a very old and much honored profession.  Have you considered  doing it ?  It would seem like a perfect match for you. 

If I remember right another foreigner tried that and was lambasted on here for it. (just a few weeks ago)

• Like 1

ROVER

thanks for clarifying that, as none of us would want to sqeeze anyone out of their money.

For sure...and no one would want anyone to feel obligated and then feel squeezed after giving help...we would not want that to happen.

Monsoon

Fundraiser Ideas

It looks like you have a lot of ideas, let us know which one are you going to plan, organize and execute. 

• Like 1

I <3 Cebu

Maybe look at crowd funding, you can spread the word online via facebook & forums such as this one

http://www.crowdfunding.com/

towboat72

Maybe i missed something why are you having fund raiser? How can someone donate?

roys wife cathy has a heart problem and he has asked for any kind of help he can get.

she has been in and out of the hospital several time and her condition is slowly getting worse

to make it worse roy can not get around with out a wheel chair so he is not able to do the lg work that is required to get any kind of fund raiser  off the ground

so far he has gotten some money donations that he has used to buy  meds and pay dr bills but other then that he has gotten a lot of snippy stupid replys that are uncalled for .i was always told if you cant say something to help keep your mouth shut

now some one will ask why i dont take care of this and help and i sure as hell would try too but i have to fly home in three days  i have been helping but that has nothing to do with any of this

i see my self in roy and cathys position and wonder what i would do 

dammit they need help not stupid remarks that makes the poster feel better about them selves

ok im off my soap box you guys know who you are and so do the other people on here

• Like 1

ozboy

Get some pics together......Tell the story of Foreigner and his very sick wife......tug at the heartstrings stuff.....Then post it on Facebook and get ss many Filipinas to share the story......Ask for a small donation to save your wife's life......

• Like 3

ozboy

This is how it's done back home....A human interest story....media picks it up....Certain self-interest organisations want to associate with the publicity and before you know it, not only is the initial issue solved but the future seems much brighter......its worked before re-expats in Asia......

ROVER

Get some pics together......Tell the story of Foreigner and his very sick wife......tug at the heartstrings stuff.....Then post it on Facebook and get ss many Filipinas to share the story......Ask for a small donation to save your wife's life......

That has been going on for 2 months it is posted all over FB on my page, on other foreigners FB and forums, Filipinas have post and shared on their FB...I even have a FB page "Official Update on Cathy" even posted that link here and was told no one here messes with FB...Organizations have been contacted both by me and  a few others from this forum, there are photos and updates posted all over the net...but until one hears from someone or some organization all one can do is to keep looking for more and different organizations. No one that is actively involved in this is sitting around...We are each doing the best we can do in our own way (the only way we know or think about) to try to get help.

ADDED: By the way the list I posted in this thread....are things that we have done in the U.S. in the past and other than my changing dollars to pesos...they are a copy past from a fund raising organization, I am in no way trying to order someone what to do or how to do it... It was placed only because I got the feeling people think that only LARGE donations are worth anything....and that is not true. If someone needs a paper to hang on the wall and a dinner for fund raising...I promise after Cathy's operation I will make sure they get one.

Edited by ROVER