Worm looking snake ?

Dublin boy

My helper just pulled out of my kids pool a very small worm that moved like a snake about 4 inches long but very skinny and brown in color. The family said it's very poisonous and could kill a cow if bitten.

Any ideas I don't care for the cow what about the kids. Sorry no pictures before I could take one it's was very very dead.

cebubird

I have seen one of those before also, and the little sucker just looked dangerous to me.

Jawny

My helper just pulled out of my kids pool a very small worm that moved like a snake about 4 inches long but very skinny and brown in color. The family said it's very poisonous and could kill a cow if bitten.

Any ideas I don't care for the cow what about the kids. Sorry no pictures before I could take one it's was very very dead.

We've seen a variety of snake-like critters in our property. Could be an eel if it was fond near water.

I can't offer any identification information. However, I can tell you that EVERY snake that my neighbors or family has see was identified as venomous. In fact, many snakes we have are NOT venomous. It is just a knee jerk reaction to snakes in general.

That said, we have had several venomous snakes and even a snake bite to deal with. Non Venemous, or at least no reaction to the bite!

hilyfe

Lol we used to play with that when i was young

That is another type of worm

Different skin like a leathery skin and shiny

RogerDat

Greetings! Blind snake, if poisionus, how could they bite you?

post-7667-0-22342000-1429583981_thumb.jpg

RogerDat

Cow???

The ones on Mactan resemble the ones that came from Hawaii in potted plants. They turned up in my living room floor where a crack was every few weeks. They have jaws that are sideways, and eat ant eggs so fast scintist thyought they had a vacume like mouth untill miniture vedios became available.

• Like 1
Jawny

Cow???

The ones on Mactan resemble the ones that came from Hawaii in potted plants. They turned up in my living room floor where a crack was every few weeks. They have jaws that are sideways, and eat ant eggs so fast scintist thyought they had a vacume like mouth untill miniture vedios became available.

From the OP...."My helper just pulled out of my kids pool a very small worm that moved like a snake about 4 inches long but very skinny and brown in color. The family said it's very poisonous and could kill a cow if bitten.

Any ideas I don't care for the cow what about the kids. Sorry no pictures before I could take one it's was very very dead. "

Poor cows.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

We see snakes daily in our yard here is Florida. I try to convince my wife they are harmless and also beneficial, but she just can't wrap here head around the fact that all snakes aren't dangerous.

Edited by Salty Dog
Dublin boy

Sorry kids first, anyway the next time there is one having a swim I'll get some pictures before the family gets it. I'll give swimming a miss today stick a cow in first ha ha

• Like 2
RogerDat

Greetings! Salty Dog,  How big is your wife?

post-7667-0-24691800-1429685896_thumb.jpg

Based on the other species we’ve seen pythons eat, we think they could pose a direct threat to panthers as well,” he said. “We’ve recorded them eating bobcats in Florida, and in native range they can eat leopards. We caught one last December that was 15 feet in length and had a 80-pound white-tailed deer in its stomach. There’s no reason to think pythons aren’t capable of preying on panthers.”

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1
Irenicus

Probably a wati (nightcrawler). They all think they are a deadly poisonous snake.