Update on the SRRV available to U.S. military members/Vets married or not

NOSOCALPINOY

NOSOCALPINOY, on 18 Apr 2015 - 10:07 PM, said: SRRVs are indefinite.  

yes they are.  You do however have to attend at the PRA office every year to get a new card [ altho a 3 year option is available ]

Since you are a PRA marketeer, what is this meeting a SRRV holder has to attend at the PRA office every year? Nothing on the PRA website mentions this. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOSOCALPINOY

• ex231

• Wrye83

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm for sure qualified, because I did 4 yrs of bar hopping in Angeles City and Subic, Olongapo in the late 60s and survived it all.  So, if I go ahead and get an SRRV, my annual report will only cost

I think its a great idea I wonder why the usa don't do the same make ever person put up cash to live in the us... and if they started charging 100 us if you want to leave the country they can raise a

Yeah, I did some of that barroom duty!    LOL   Thank God those days are over and I lived thru them.       

Posted Images

NOSOCALPINOY

So what is considered "serving" in the Philippines? Anyone know?

I'll try to answer your question since no one has, but from a PRA circular #16 (see below)

Hope that answers your question.

post-6728-0-54670900-1429457592_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

The savings was not my reason for being interested in the visa. I despise having to go to immigration every 2 months. 

Yeah, you and everyone else who are tourists! Just get married to a nice Filipina and get yourself a 13a visa, if not ex-military over 50 and setup your household for them little ones or just stick with the every 2 month visa extension, kickback and enjoy what the Philippines has to offer. There's always Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and other small Asian countries to check out for adventure and excitement.  

Wrye83

Just get married to a nice Filipina and get yourself a 13a visa

That's never going to happen. I will not get married again. Once bitten....

• Like 1
cybersquat

I'll try to answer your question since no one has, but from a PRA circular #16 (see below)

Hope that answers your question.

attachicon.gifPRA Circular No. 16.jpg

How can serving for 2 years be proven one way or the other? DD214 only mentions TAD status... not length of time. The only way to prove 2 years (that I can think of) is to have 2 sets of leading/trailing edge orders that have from/to dates on them.

SkyMan

The savings was not my reason for being interested in the visa. I despise having to go to immigration every 2 months. 

And that is itself a savings, the value of which determined by the individual.

I don't know if 13a visas have an expiration date.
The permanent 13A is how you say permanent.
  • Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

How can serving for 2 years be proven one way or the other? DD214 only mentions TAD status... not length of time. The only way to prove 2 years (that I can think of) is to have 2 sets of leading/trailing edge orders that have from/to dates on them.

As a Vet, you can go to your e-Benefits website: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage and log on with your DS username and password to request for your military records under Chronological Assignments and cross your fingers it's on file and if not, go here: http://goo.gl/tU9sPo and  submit an SF form 180 to request whatever records you may want and hope it's there. With both websites, some of the scanned records they provide maybe unreadable, so request for a better copy that's readable if all possible. Good luck tracking down your old military records.  

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
  • Like 1
sugbu777

Thanks for the info. I served 4 years straight shore duty in the Philippines at NCS San Miguel, so this would benefit me should I choose the SRRV route.

being computer savvy, I got lost following info for you  ebenefit  link... must be im getting old or Obamas staff is managing ebenefits now, as I couldn't find what you mentioned

NOSOCALPINOY

being computer savvy, I got lost following info for you  eBenefit  link... must be im getting old or Obamas staff is managing ebenefits now, as I couldn't find what you mentioned

If you are a veteran with a DS log on username and password you can access this website to request for your military personnel files here; https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/manage/documents

If you can not access the eBenefits website, you can try this one: http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

If anyone calls the 1-800 toll free numbers, which I don't have off hand this minute, they will just refer you to these two websites I have provided here. 

Even creating a DS log on username and password is sort of complicated, Here's the website to create a DS log on account: https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement/authenticate.do?execution=e1s1

GOOD LUCK! It took me a few months to figure out how their system worked.

It seems that one DS log on username and password will allow a veteran to access VA, TRICARE and a few other government agencies.

Check it out and see for yourself if it can be a useful website for you in your particular situation:

Websites that accept DS Logon
Edited by NOSOCALPINOY