Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Bar, Restaurant Other location needed for Fund Raiser

Paul

After having read three pages of this thread, I would say IN ADDITION TO making suggestions here, make some contacts directly, folks. I'm sure both Roy and his wife would appreciate it. Posting suggestions is fine. But, even if you are involved in other things, if you have time to post in a thread, you have time to make a phone call. 

Now, let's get back to the focus of this thread. 

Roy, being a musician yourself, have you thought of any venues that may be suitable as well? Or, are there any other musicians you know who may be interested in helping? 

Lee

May I suggest The Ranch Restaurant in Banilad Cebu, they have a large outside area and the owners James and Elvie seemed to be very accommodating in the past when I used to set up get togethers there.

Fergie

What about contacting Timeout on Ramos? I know they have an upstairs stage for live music.

ROVER

After having read three pages of this thread, I would say IN ADDITION TO making suggestions here, make some contacts directly, folks. I'm sure both Roy and his wife would appreciate it. Posting suggestions is fine. But, even if you are involved in other things, if you have time to post in a thread, you have time to make a phone call. 

Now, let's get back to the focus of this thread. 

Roy, being a musician yourself, have you thought of any venues that may be suitable as well? Or, are there any other musicians you know who may be interested in helping? 

Sorry Paul...I did not see this part of your post before.

You gotta remember I have not been out but a few time since the end of 2008 so I really have no idea what is around up here in down here in Cebu area....

The only thing or place I know for sure that would be available and very, very  able to hold a concert and set up our own sales of good and stuff like that would be the City Building in Bogo...where they hold their basket ball games and such....we had checked into it while living in Bogo to have for a Gospel Concert with groups from the U.S.

Even renting it was very, cheap at that time back in 2006, when we lived there before I got sick...

It is very large and inside...if it were to be an open concert we would need ticket takers at the doors, security and such. they have a stage at one end... Space in the middle of a full size basket ball court in the center, tons of parking bench seats all around facing the stage and basket ball court area....so man as far as a full fledged concert and food it would be great...it would also be really good even if just put up tables and chairs like a restaurant on the basket ball court area.....the building itself would hold a couple thousand people...

Problems are:

The location being in Bogo

Needed security

Needed ticket takers

Needed someone you can trust to handle something this big.

UNLESS it was turned into a private high pay dinner and concert and then it would all be on the expats to bring and invite and pay for friends, guests and such......

That is the only thing I know for sure, whether or not expats would want to travel that far (in taxi it is flat rate 2,500 peso to get there cause there is NO TAXIS there....)then if anyone came by taxi they would for sure not be any taxis for them to return South or anywhere else it would almost have to be a chartered thing unless a whole lot of expats had vans and wanted to take people down there....so for a fund raiser I am thinking this is not a good thing.

Sorry...I just havn't been out and around in so many years............................

• Like 1