Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Bar, Restaurant Other location needed for Fund Raiser

fred42

the "bar restaurant" theme is more in tune with the monthly expat group...than a church function...

this month for example, the expat group is dining at Marco Polo...I personally have no experience is organizing something like that...I have been a participant...

getting together with folks that have experience with Marco Polo, Radison Blu and the like...are several steps than me jumping in...

currently, I am in over my head with the death of a 17 year old...that was buried today...an unexplained death...that this particular thread is not the place for the details...

I made a comment with suggestions...and also sent 2 PM's about this topic...

sorry if my comments are not enough for you...maybe I should have just kept quiet?

IMO the comment after your comment was bang out of order.. It was obvious that your original post was well meaning.

• Like 2

Gus

There's Dionne's  , it's changed owner's a few times use to be a good place for local entertainment ..

haven't been in there in a few years , kind of a open air type bar bigger then Eddies

nice stage area ...its on Mactan also

Dionnes new owner is Soren, ..Norwegian i think, very approachable guy, from what i gather, keen for live entertainment, but pushed for budget. Happy to chat to him on ur behalf, just pm me. Gus

• Like 1

newtocebu

Is TC's still open ?

If so, it is also a pretty good venue.

• Like 1

towboat72

maybe you can lead by example and get yourself and your church group to start pushing those buttons along with volunteering us others for the task. 

there are just so many things i would love to say to this but im not

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

there are just so many things i would love to say to this but im not

you mean like say thank you for the assistance we already gave in this matter? fact is there are too many members here who like to talk the talk but when it's time to actually do something they find themselves too busy, or full of excuses, so excuse me if i run out of patience as roy's wife needs help and not excuses like a bar isn't a church group type venue, especially from a church guy who has no problems regularly sopping up the booze in TGIF.   

roy knows we and others are ready to offer assistance again anytime they need, and if i owned a venue suitable i would offer it for free. we also offered our home to him as it's closer for his wife to travel back and forth to the hospital and dr. visits. 

i'm posting impatient replies as this is a serious matter and needs real boots on the ground help, and kudos to those who replied so far that are ready to dig in and do just that. 

• Like 1

towboat72

and it sounds like you think wolfpacks  ideas are not as good as what you were offering or have done

he put out some ideas but im guessing  you dont like them   and how do you know he is not doing more then you know. what does his church group have to do with this

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

and it sounds like you think wolfpacks  ideas are not as good as what you were offering or have done

he put out some ideas but im guessing  you dont like them   and how do you know he is not doing more then you know. what does his church group have to do with this

i made a comment as he is volunteering us to implement his idea and claiming his church group won't participate in a bar or expat type venue. i'm not looking to argue with you as i know you have also put alot of effort into helping roy and cathy, but last time someone who won't be named tried to get in the middle he actually went as far as claiming they don't need donations as of yet as he is still sorting things out. 

what is needed is exactly what is going on right now...people in this thread brainstorming and volunteering THEMSELVES to help. if daniel has indeed coughed up money already then good for him, and if his church group won't go and participate in a bar type venue then perhaps he can pass the hat at their next church service and let them dig into their pockets to help out as that is the bottom line result needed in this situation. 

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

The best area would be centrally located such as Mandaue, Consolacion or such not too far north and not much further south as most of the musicians are local and would be hard to get to other locations with equipment.

roy would the musicians be willing to put on the show somewhere closer to the fuente and uptown cebu city area? i ask this as most of the expats that we know live in the metro cebu city area and not in consolation or that area. if so i think there are a few large facilities that can be utilized especially on a week nite, and will start inquiring. could be the turn out will be larger if the event is held closer to the city?  

motorboy

How many people do you think the location should be able to handle? Payag bar on Escario has a large area in the back where they routinely host bands. Bill is a great guy and most likely would be helpful. He is out of the country but I can contact his wife if that location would work. The place has an outdoor area, karaoke bar, and bar in the front as well.

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

How many people do you think the location should be able to handle? Payag bar on Escario has a large area in the back where they routinely host bands. Bill is a great guy and most likely would be helpful. He is out of the country but I can contact his wife if that location would work. The place has an outdoor area, karaoke bar, and bar in the front as well.

yes good idea that's a great place and would be easy for people to find as well.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

what is needed is exactly what is going on right now...people in this thread brainstorming...

guess you did not like me participating in your brainstorm...

not gonna argue with you...this is a serious matter...needs serious attention...

focus on the need at hand...ways to be productive...not comments that are counter productive...

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

guess you did not like me participating in your brainstorm... not gonna argue with you...this is a serious matter...needs serious attention...

understood and i'm sure you will like to pitch in. my wife and her friends would be willing to prepare the foods for a get together like this if needed and i know you are into food so if you're avaliable maybe once the venue and time/date is settled on you can join up with us in the food purchase and preparations? at least we will have that part of the event covered.

• Like 4

ROVER

Guys....I know I am in one way right in the middle of this but I try to leave brain storming to those who can do it.......I can't right now......Please guys don't use Cathy's health or whether or not I am an irresponsible husband or whatever reason this situation can turn into to argue over things.....I understand what is being said from all for sides, above and below.....and there are what sounds (to me anyway) like good ideas but I know nothing about this sort of stuff so if any one can arrange something and sit it up hey great just let me know what I can do to help. A lot of you have already help with the immediate medical needs for the last 2 months or whatever it is now, both with money, use of bank accounts, driving your own vehicle to take us when we need to go to the doctor or shopping or what ever....PLEASE.....(and I know this is an old kleasha) when someone at least here on the forum is hurting and in need "can't we all just get a long." Thanks guys...............................

• Like 4

ROVER

roy would the musicians be willing to put on the show somewhere closer to the fuente and uptown cebu city area? i ask this as most of the expats that we know live in the metro cebu city area and not in consolation or that area. if so i think there are a few large facilities that can be utilized especially on a week nite, and will start inquiring. could be the turn out will be larger if the event is held closer to the city?  

Fred I really don't know...first of all I don't even know where that is....Jesse J-Dog would be the one to talk about this....I am trying to pass things on one on one as I hear them and to be honest I am getting so confused. After talking to Jesse if someone has an idea like this question then he could answer that....and  you all could go from there.......Thanks........

motorboy

I sent Delia, Bills wife an email asking her if she would consider hosting the event. I can't think of a better place, especially since the location is perfect. When I hear something back I will post it

• Like 4