Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Bar, Restaurant Other location needed for Fund Raiser

ROVER

There is an expat living in Lapu-Lapu with his own band and in the music scene in the Local area. He has told me he would like to do a fund raiser concert for my wife's medical expenses. For those who may not know him, his name Is Jesse J-Dog Boartfield...he and his band perform blues, country, country blues and the such...he also knows other bands and musicians who would join in.

He needs to find place to be able to hold the concert such as family restaurant/bar type of atmosphere. His idea is to charge for entrance to the concert with all proceeds going to Cathy's Medical and operation costs.

The business would make their money by their sales.

The best area would be centrally located such as Mandaue, Consolacion or such not too far north and not much further south as most of the musicians are local and would be hard to get to other locations with equipment.

If you have or know anyone who might be willing to provide a location please let me know and I will put you in touch with Jesse.......it need to be done rather quickly as lack of the operation is what is causing Cathy's health to go down hill rather quickly.

This is posted with permission of "THE BOSS" Paul.....and he may make changes to this post as he sees fit to better fit this forum.

Any other ideas LET ME KNOW.

• Like 6

samatm

Hey why not the  T Rex grill .    I for one would love a good reason to go there and country blues music would be the topping.  

• Like 3

Scottiev

JDog plays at Eddies  on Mactan, as Eddie has recently passed maybe his wife would consider a night of joint fund raising?

• Like 4

JesseBo

Hey guys, J-Dog here. I can probably get Eddy's but its quite far from the city and would probably be limited to just expats living there. I cant find any info on the T Rex Grill. Can you elaborate a bit more on the location? Is it a foreigner owner? Thanks!

• Like 1

Scottiev

T Rex isn't very big

woodchopper

i am not knowing if Wombats on mactan is still operating,,it was quite large upstairs?

• Like 2

Humboldt

There's Dionne's  , it's changed owner's a few times use to be a good place for local entertainment ..

haven't been in there in a few years , kind of a open air type bar bigger then Eddies

nice stage area ...its on Mactan also

• Like 1

towboat72

cathy and roy really need some help here,she is not doing well 

• Like 1

lost aussie

Maybe the Emerald Isle bar might be ok as they use the car park for bowling so maybe they could use it for a charity performance. https://www.facebook.com/emeraldislecebu

• Like 1

Jeepney

Maybe the Joker Arms?

Location would be good, and am sure Andy would listen.

• Like 1

Monsoon

Maybe the Joker Arms?

Location would be good, and am sure Andy would listen.

I thought Joker's was closed.

Scottiev

Yep I think its a bingo hall now..

Wolfpack

maybe meeting with a combo of people...from the expats group...the folks behind the linc fund...and do a real shin dig event...

I could see a place like Marco Polo hosting...if the right folks push the right buttons...

I am sure some help with the chamber of commerce group John Domingo heads...could be helpful also...

Edited by Wolfpack
  • Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

maybe meeting with a combo of people...from the expats group...the folks behind the linc fund...and do a real shin dig event...

I could see a place like Marco Polo hosting...if the right folks push the right buttons...

I am sure some help with the chamber of commerce group John Domingo heads...could be helpful also...

maybe you can lead by example and get yourself and your church group to start pushing those buttons along with volunteering us others for the task. 

• Like 1

Wolfpack

maybe you can lead by example and get yourself and your church group to start pushing those buttons along with volunteering us others for the task. 

the "bar restaurant" theme is more in tune with the monthly expat group...than a church function...

this month for example, the expat group is dining at Marco Polo...I personally have no experience is organizing something like that...I have been a participant...

getting together with folks that have experience with Marco Polo, Radison Blu and the like...are several steps than me jumping in...

currently, I am in over my head with the death of a 17 year old...that was buried today...an unexplained death...that this particular thread is not the place for the details...

I made a comment with suggestions...and also sent 2 PM's about this topic...

sorry if my comments are not enough for you...maybe I should have just kept quiet?

• Like 1