• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• For Real

• Jester

• ex231

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think one problem with many expats is they don't get out of the Philippines often enough. You really do need a break from the place from time to time. Even a long weekend away can have you coming ba

We got the 5-year itch. After 5 years, we tried living in Singapore (lasted 4 months) and also Australia (lasted 1 week).    Both aborted migrations taught us that we had taken the Philippines for g

While its true you can have a nicer house ,,, maids etc for middle class income after a while its just not enough to put up with the bullshit...  and if you have decent funds you ask yourself why do y

Posted Images

For Real

now that steve has his own show jerry springer is looking for a new side kick maybe you can apply

JERRY JERRY JERRY

I don't do reality TV but am willing to freelance c0da996380699e613b52ec5d1023bb5d.jpg
  • Like 2
For Real

Hey Smoke, you reminded me of an idea I had with my business partner a few years ago. Along the theme of American Chopper, our show was going to be called Philippine Jeepney. You know, al a Filipino stuff like rust repairs, fabrication work, re grooving bald tyres and chasing down thieving assholes. My friend unfortunately died and we never got the chance...want to go halves in a pilot?

• Like 2
dnl_grout

I don't do reality TV but am willing to freelance

Your post today shows your good enough to cover Smokeys job when he is on vacation.   :good:   

smokey

Hey Smoke, you reminded me of an idea I had with my business partner a few years ago. Along the theme of American Chopper, our show was going to be called Philippine Jeepney. You know, al a Filipino stuff like rust repairs, fabrication work, re grooving bald tyres and chasing down thieving assholes. My friend unfortunately died and we never got the chance...want to go halves in a pilot?

did your friend get run over by a trike ?

For Real

did your friend get run over by a trike ?

stroke
ozboy

So far our our plan is to go to Philippines for short visits every year to catch up with family etc and work on our house. Then when our house in Philippines is finished and our house in Oz is done and kids grown up we will do six months at a time leaving Oz in Autumn and returning in spring.

Missing the colder weather here that messes with my spinal cord.

Like I said plan so far and over time plans can change :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhgXigt0nI

No ply n bucket brigade????  where r you roughly in OZ???  looks like a newer outer suburb.....notice the council inspectors are there before the italians finish..... :morn:

riklynbor

So far our our plan is to go to Philippines for short visits every year to catch up with family etc and work on our house. Then when our house in Philippines is finished and our house in Oz is done and kids grown up we will do six months at a time leaving Oz in Autumn and returning in spring.

Missing the colder weather here that messes with my spinal cord.

Like I said plan so far and over time plans can change :-)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhgXigt0nI

No ply n bucket brigade????  where r you roughly in OZ???  looks like a newer outer suburb.....notice the council inspectors are there before the italians finish..... :morn:

Champion lakes Perth Western Australia

miles-high

I call BS on this.  There are a number of people in the Philz who didn't come for just chicks.  To me, they're just gravy on what is a pretty delectable dish.   My reasons for being here are a bit more nebulous - like images fleeting from the corner of your eye.

Well, I don't know... I look around me and some came for work (corporations, diplomatic corp, teaching, etc.) including me who had no idea what or how the Philippine is like other than $$$ and I felt I needed some "change" at the time (of my divorce), or those who are already married to Filipinas. In my case, you might say they are just "gravy"... ;)

However, reading the newspapers, watching news, etc. (I know it's anecdotal...), most foreign visitors appear to be single male who come to "vacation" in the Philippines for a week, a few weeks, months or years and never get married to Filipinas... I wonder what they are attracted to in the Philippines...

most foreign visitors appear to be single male who come to "vacation" in the Philippines for a week, a few weeks, months or years and never get married to Filipinas... I wonder what they are attracted to in the Philippines...

Cheap beer

Irenicus

Cheap beer

And cigarettes.

When I am back in the US, though, I quit.

Now, that's kuripot!