Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

PHILHEALTH update

Daisy

If you are over 70 years old and you are a beneficiary of your wife in Philhealth, please visit or ask your wife to your nearest PH office and get another MDR (Members Data Record) and you will find out your name is not there anymore! PH gives you another membership card wherein you are a LIFETIME member and no need to pay for the rest of your life as long as you are in PI. You can make your wife now as dependent and all the children, even if they are your step children.

Take this from our experience as very recently i went there and show all my Official Receipt and was asking for a MDR since Alan is suppose to have his one night stay at the hospital for a badly needed  Executive Check-up. I was scared at first because his name was not listed in my MDR as beneficiary.  Then, the staff asked me his full name and after a minute, there goes his own membership. I was advised to submit a copy of our marriage contract, his BC, BC of my children (his step-children)  so that we will become his dependents! Yes we are now lifetime members,  and it means not paying anymore the annual dues of 2400 yet still avail all its privileges.

Of course I asked what if the foreigners are not married to Filipina and they are PH members, can they  also avail? 

YES but you cant make your partners your beneficiaries.

NOW, as to coverage, it all depend on the cause of your admission.  For Alan's admission. out of 42,000, PH pays 16,000. Not BAD at all.

With this, I am again encouraging any foreigners visiting the country or already in the country, get your PH now, we will never know if you will end up spending  the rest of your life here and you will be 70. All the office needs is  a copy of you birth certificate and passport!

Edited by Paul
added tags
  • Like 6

hyaku

Hello Daisy. I think you will find we can qualify at 60. I popped in to pay someone else's PhilHealth last week, checked my records and got my Lifetime membership MDR. I'm 67.

Hope Alan gets well soon.

• Like 2

Paul

I posted a link to this thread on the Filipino & Expats Group, so they could discuss it there as well. 

Thanks, Daisy, for the thread.

• Like 1

Daisy

Hello Daisy. I think you will find we can qualify at 60. I popped in to pay someone else's PhilHealth last week, checked my records and got my Lifetime membership MDR. I'm 67.

Hope Alan gets well soon.

i think they will also consider the total amount of your contributions if it reaches 120 months or 10 years.  Other foreigners are still not availing it yet. But still i will try to tell some expats here in our area to verify it at PH office.