any local maid service agencies?

Thanks

Edited by iJohnDR

Any philippines dateing site...

Edited by Pman
woodchopper

"whynot" bar on the boulevarde 4 "emergency service"  night time

Any philippines dateing site...

good idea... if I didnt had a wife & a baby :)

• Like 2
woodchopper

if I didnt had a wife????,,Umm,,does ur wife work?

A_Simple_Man

I can't think of any friends in Dumaguete who have a full time maid.  Some have tried to get one without much luck.  Some use maids who come in once a week and charge 200 pesos for a few hours. One fellow brought one all the way from Camotes to be a live in maid and within 10 days she had a foreign boyfriend and moved out (BTW, thanks Jim if you're reading this  :girldevil:  )  Some bring in the gfs relatives to clean house but they end up all sitting on the couch together and texting.

Dumaguete seems like one of those places where there is either work, school or boyfriends available so the girls don't do maid work.  Any of the guys from Dumaguete have a good maid?  If so, how much are you paying her and can I get her number  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2

if I didnt had a wife????,,Umm,,does ur wife work?

Dont work..but full time study.

woodchopper

i think they have a dumaguete forum mate?,,try to contact a member that knows,,maybe u can advertise?

• Like 1

Getting the right maid is a an art & science...

..too young they sit and text/facebook all day long.

..get a relative..they accuse us treating them like a maid.

...too old they got menopause and memory problems 

..some only do nanny job..dont/wont cook or clean or do laundry..got a friend with 2 maids..one to nanny a baby & another to cook..and pay 7k total :)
Wrye83

I have had several live in helpers at my place (in Valencia). They are pretty easy to find. If you visit your local Barangay Captain I am quite sure they will be able to help out. The best helpers I have found have came from either a recommendation through the BC or a relative of my landlord. I have found it's best if you have some type of working relationship with the person recommending, it puts a little more pressure on the person being recommended to do a good job so that the person that recommended them doesn't lose any face. Though nothing can really guarantee good help.

Also, if you go to the link in my signature there is a classifieds section where you can post for helper wanted (for free). I throw those helper requests on Facebook as well (since if it isn't on FB it doesn't exist in the Philippines). 

Edited by Wrye83
  • Like 4
RPretire

If you pick one and it goes bad according to your wife it will be your FAULT.  Best let the wifey handle this so if it goes bad you do not get blammed! 

3 cents for today :)

Bless

• Like 2
Paul

Best let the wifey handle this so if it goes bad you do not get blammed! 

I tend to agree with this. 

A_Simple_Man

Best let the wifey handle this

When I tried that in the past, my significant other always picked girls who were not as good at cleaning as she was, so as not to make her look bad.  While I understood the concept, not a lot of cleaning got done to my satisfaction.  The best cleaning got done on days when the wife was visiting her family and I hired a cleaner and supervised her.  Not something everyone wants to do but they thought I was 'strict' and did a much better job.  This had the additional benefit of encouraging SO to stay home and clean as she knew that if she did not then someone else would.

Disclaimer:  Be warned. Although this actually worked, that significant other and myself are no longer together.   :idontknow:

cvgtpc1

I tend to agree with this. 

The times we've had house girls I tend to act like they don't exist and keep myself totally ignorant of the going ons between them and my wife LOL

• Like 2
NOSOCALPINOY

The times we've had house girls I tend to act like they don't exist and keep myself totally ignorant of the going ons between them and my wife LOL

Ditto to that! We have a live-out domestic helper aka "Our Maid",

who works for my wife only 3x a week, which works out well for us. 

How to get a maid in Dumaguete? Leave that up to your wife.

If it's just a girlfriend living with you, make her earn her keep or

until you marry her and then it's a different story when she wears

the pants in the household.  :idontknow:

• Like 1