Sign in to follow this  
samatm

Eddie of Eddies bar and grill Mactan sudtongan rd has passed away.

Paul

Is that Eddie Woolbright, who developed the developed Beverly Hills, the first major subdivision in Cebu City ? 

And also and opened a restaurant and a hardware store downtown—Eddie’s Log Cabin and Eddie’s Hardware and Auto Supply ? 

No. I met him in '94, I think it was? He passed not too terribly long after then. 

Paul

Eddie Smit , born in England , raised in Italy long time girlfriend Baby

their two kids Massimo,Maurice and adopted girl name Marissa

he made it back to Italy died 2 hrs after his arrival . The Italian embassy

granted his girlfriend Baby emergency visa to accompany him back to Italy ..

I will miss him.. He had a very interesting and full life ..

I knew him for 10 yrs , about 5 yrs ago he about lost his leg due to an insect bite

infection , the doctor's in the Cebu advice him to go back to Italy for any hopes of saving

the leg .

It's not a healthy lifestyle , running an expat bar in Cebu ..

RIP Eddie he was about 66 yrs of age .

Damn! I just realized who you fellas are talking about. Once per week, I guess it was, he would head down to Argao, from his place. That is where I originally met him. I later started ordering pies, breads, and such from him. He would drop them at my apartment in Carcar, whenever he was heading south. 

For a long time, he had an old junker car that would overheat about the time he got to my place. Paul's Service Station. :D We would fill his radiator up and off he would go again, headed south - with a San Miguel Light beer in hand, and the wife and children in the car with him. 

I'm really sorry to hear of his passing. He was a good guy, from what I knew of him.

• Like 3

For Real

Does anyone know if Baby is back in Lapu Lapu yet?

newtocebu

RIP

I spent quite a few afternoons there playing pool and shooting the breeze over a few cold beers.

Condolences to his young family..

samatm

Damn! I just realized who you fellas are talking about. Once per week, I guess it was, he would head down to Argao, from his place. That is where I originally met him. I later started ordering pies, breads, and such from him. He would drop them at my apartment in Carcar, whenever he was heading south. 

For a long time, he had an old junker car that would overheat about the time he got to my place. Paul's Service Station. :D We would fill his radiator up and off he would go again, headed south - with a San Miguel Light beer in hand, and the wife and children in the car with him. 

I'm really sorry to hear of his passing. He was a good guy, from what I knew of him.

He told me about delivering tp you and his road trips.. I was kind of wondering about your silence on this thread.       Eddie was kind enough to allow me to watch the World Series ... though his crowd was decidedly a futbol ,  rugby  sort.  He kidded me that they called the game rounders in the uk.. a game for school girls.   

Paul

I was kind of wondering about your silence on this thread.

I didn't see it before today (yesterday) due to having been traveling back and forth between Battambang and Phnom Penh. When I first saw the thread, it didn't hit me as to who it was, until I began reading some of the replies. Eddie used to go to Leyland's, setting up a couple of coolers (eskies) outside the place, offering all sorts of products for sale. 

I bought quite a number of things from him. He would call me prior to heading south from Mactan, and we would meet on the highway above my apartment. Never had anything purchased form him, that was anything but delicious. 

Seems like, since I left the Philippines, a number of guys I knew there have passed.

• Like 1

woodchopper

Seems like, since I left the Philippines, a number of guys I knew there have passed.

yeps,,many come and go and many just pass away here.

i think being far from home country and the dependency on mates u meet,,it strikes closer to the bone in terms of "ouch"