Need some advice about Proof of Income for Marriage

chichirienavz

If you are as intelligent and as well spoken as you appear to be, you need to march his ass to the very next plane after he arrives. Put him on it and tell him to go back to Serbia.

Why on Earth would you even consider hooking up with, much less marrying a man who will not have a job, or any sort of income to be able to help support you and your daughter?

It's fine by me if you wish to have this "I am an independent woman and do not need a man to take care of me" attitude. But, you are not supposed to be buying plane tickets for a guy who is interested in marrying you. He should be buying his OWN tickets to come see you.

Not to mention, do you not realize anything could happen to you as well, causing you to lose your good paying job? There are many reasons this could occur.

You need to dump this guy and meet someone else who is financially stable, or has a good job in a country where you WOULD consider having your daughter grow up, as well as having a future in, for herself. This isn't just YOU, whom you need to keep in mind here, when it comes to marrying this guy. Your daughter MUST be your first consideration.

Take a few days off from your Serbian, and think about what you are about to get yourself in to. You, quite obviously, have not thought this through very well. Use that head of yours and start doing so, before you end up as yet another Filipina stuck in a marriage with a guy whom YOU have to support - because he is sitting around drinking Tanduay all day long, on your money.

Let's not go off topic here. Stay on topic, please. It is quite easy to start a new thread, at any time you choose, in its appropriate forum.

I appreciate all the comments. I'm not sure if I mentioned that he has more than enough in his bank account to support us and start a business here. Yes, a lot of you said putting up a business here won't work. We are planning on starting 3 or maybe 4 businesses just to be sure. As for my job, I'm not planning to resign soon and I have no intention of marrying someone who isn't financially stable.

If it's just money, I got romantically involved before with an Aussie who earns half a million per month and can support us for a lifetime he wants to. He is still saying he is interested in me. But he and my bf differ in one thing: Attitude. It's something that money can't buy. If I'll only think about the money, won't I become the gold digger that a lot of you here abhore? The Filipina scammer who only thinks of getting involved with a foreigner so she can support her entire clan? I only want a simple but happy life. I don't want to sit around waiting for my foreign bf to send me money but I don't want to be just the one working while he sits around and drink Tanduay as you said. I'm not sure if I also mentioned this but once he gets back to Serbia, we plan on thinking things through if marriage is really for us and that doesn't mean one month or even one year. I'm just here to ask for advices "in case" we decide to go for it.

Thanks for the feedback Paul.

• Like 3
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chichirienavz

• Enuff

• lazydays

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are as intelligent and as well spoken as you appear to be, you need to march his ass to the very next plane after he arrives. Put him on it and tell him to go back to Serbia.   Why on Earth w

even if the government doesn't currently ask for proof of ability to financially support a spouse...     maybe you should!

Congrats on 28 yrs married and 17 yrs in RP

Posted Images

chichirienavz

About the ticket, he was supposed to book it himself online but Mastercard was having some problems that time and the domestic airlines were having a seat sale. I volunteered to buy it for him but he wants to reimburse me for every peso I spent on him. It's just me. I have no plans of accepting that reimbursement.

Edited by chichirienavz
  • Like 2
Paul
As for my job, I'm not planning to resign soon and I have no intention of marrying someone who isn't financially stable.

If that is the case, you may want to wait a while, before even considering marriage to him, until you see how "successful" his business is. Do not rush in to marriage with him, or anyone else for that matter, especially if he has yet to be successful in business in the Philippines - on which his very existence in country depends.

But, in the end, it is your life. You certainly may live it however, and with whomever you wish. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Starting more than one business at a time is a plan for disaster. Have either one of you started a business on your own before? If not you have a rude awakening as does anyone else that has no business experience. There is a huge difference between and employee and and employer.

I think you can make a business work here but you have to make it work, it won't work by itself and if you don't know what to do then you could be in big trouble. 

One of the main reasons many expats fail in business here is that they have no business experience and now think they can be a business person. It doesn't work that way. Your attitude and education must be much more than an empoyee. You need to have some understanding of labor, taxes, personnel, management, bookkeeping, legal, communications over and above what an employee must know. In fact you should be proficient in one or more of the mentioned skills. 

You are right, money is not the most important part! But make no mistake you will have more problems than you can fix without enough to pay for your living expenses and more. "Love will keep us together" is a song but not a plan to succeed in marriage. 

You are a smart lady, use that beautiful head of yours to think with.

• Like 1
ozboy

The problem with having anything that resembles a successful business here is that anyone who does not like your success can walk in and put you out of biz and there is not much you can do to prevent that....

• Like 2
Athena

I appreciate all the comments. I'm not sure if I mentioned that he has more than enough in his bank account to support us and start a business here.

What you might not realise –  if there is no money coming in, your pot of gold will quickly drain like a leaking tub unless you can manage to plug it somehow.  I think you are in for a rude awakening young lady!

Best of luck anyway ………….

• Like 3
SkyMan

As they say if it's too good to be true either something is really wrong or you are just so lucky.
No, I've never heard anyone say that, ever.  It's just "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." 

I've been to Serbia Belgrade a few times and the food if I'm not mistaken is very much meat , potatoes and veg.lots of stew type dishes and they eat a lot of lamb and beef so he made find it hard to adjust to eating rice all the time.

I adjusted no problem.  For a while, at each meal I would say, "No effing rice for me thanks."  After a while they got the hint.

hahaha don't be fooled by looks. Hmmm cute? Maybe because I'm 5ft tall and if I'll be standing beside you guys I would look like a hobbit lol!

You have hairy feet?

85% of the population maybe RC, but not all, my wife included.
:thumbsup:

I have not read the whole thread here but I think it would be a good law to require the proof of income from a person intended to marry a Filipina for the following reason (I think it should have been enacted decades ago):

1. Unless he has “marketable skill(s)” in the Philippines, it is probably impossible for him to earn sufficient money to support his family (sending kids to Brent School, Ateneo, UP, La Salle, etc. would not be possible without sufficient income); or
2. the bride to be has sufficient income or her family could support them.

Of course, if he is retired and sufficient income (pension, savings, SS, etc.) and sufficient funds (survivor benefit, etc.), that would be OK. Or he has enough seed money to be an entrepreneur in the Philippines – I know 2 Japanese guys who did just that… the owners of Ken Taxi in Cebu and Ryo Aki Taxi in NCR – each invested and owns more than 250 taxi cabs...

Otherwise, he should take her to his own country (as long as it is “the land of opportunities” ;)) and give her an opportunity (e.g., higher education, professional education, trade school, etc.) to prepare her for his untimely demise…

Why should this be required of foreigners when it obviously isn't required of pinoy?  Why is it so much worse for a penniless foreigner to marry when penniless locals marry all the time?

• Like 1
SkyMan

Money doesn't make you happy?  Pfft!  Wake up, of course it does.
No, money does not make you happy.  But lack of money makes you unhappy.
  • Like 5
chichirienavz

To All:

I won't be citing any person or reply specifically because I didn't read any but directly wrote down this last post.

I believe in the Law of Attraction. The more you think that nothing good would come out of anything or that things would never work, the more likely it is going to happen. The more you focus on positive things, the more blessings you get and the happier you'll become. I know because I may be young but I'm living with that mantra ever since my daughter's dad left us and I have never been happier since. A US study was already made about that kind of outlook in life. They even made a documentary about it titled, "The Secret." I suggest you watch it.

"But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness." - an excerpt from Desiderata

I know people generally want to help and caution me as to the possibilities of things failing. However, I refuse to be dissuade. If it's meant to be it will happen and everything would conspire for us to achieve it. Just have a little faith but do not let that keep you from being cautious for the world is full of trickery. That being said, I wish all of you happiness in your lives.

To the person who sent me a message, that was the best advice someone here had given me. I really appreciate it and I wish you all the best. Rest assured that I will keep everything you have told me in mind.

P.S I believe my question has already been answered by the first person who replied in this thread so the mods can close this thread now as this will be my last post. Good day to everyone!

• Like 1
ozboy

A lady of such eloquence.....more suited to be the President's speech writer than working nights in a Philippine call centre.......Magnificent exit''CHI CHI''