Need some advice about Proof of Income for Marriage

chichirienavz

I got married in late Feb 2015 (Manila) and didn't need any proof of any income, no income evidence was needed for the marriage licence or contract etc.

Malapascua Island, 2 or 3 hour bus trip to get to the ferry at the far northern tip of Cebu Island...a very romantic time can be had there for less than 100 per night, right on the beach front..actually thinking about it most Serbians can't swim so perhaps not a good idea, you also probably don't have a swimsuit. :(

seriously less than 100 per night? oh wait that would be in USD i presume? I haven't been to Malapascua but I've heard it's nice. Hehehe you are right he can't swim. I know how to swim but I love going to deep waters. He agreed he would go swim with me since "deep" for me means it's just until his chest (He is 6ft and I'm just 5ft lol). As for the swimsuit, I own one. I've had it for 4yrs now but I just used it once and that's when I was here in Cebu. That was the only time that I wore one but I wore some shorts and not the whole 2 piece bikini. I guess it's just me. I'm not comfortable. I'm into scuba diving since I was 11 but I wear a shirt and shorts underneath the wetsuit.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chichirienavz

• Enuff

• lazydays

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are as intelligent and as well spoken as you appear to be, you need to march his ass to the very next plane after he arrives. Put him on it and tell him to go back to Serbia.   Why on Earth w

even if the government doesn't currently ask for proof of ability to financially support a spouse...     maybe you should!

Congrats on 28 yrs married and 17 yrs in RP

Posted Images

For Real

Well i'd like to compliment you on your superb use of the English language and spelling....where were you educated??? Was it in the Philippines or abroad....sorry if I missed that somewhere...

The place where similar standards of written English communications measure up include Atanaeo and University of the Philippines.

• Like 2
Enuff

Oh I forgot to ask. Do you guys have any suggestion as to where I should take him here in Cebu? Anything more than a 3hr ride is already a no-no for him though he agreed to go to Simala with me. I don't go out that much so I have no idea where to take him aside from the usual Sto. Niño and Magellans Cross. I haven't been to the Lapu-Lapu shrine but I intend to take him there. He wants to go to a beach (he can't wait for Bohol since he will stay for a week here in Cebu) so any suggestion as to which is the closest one? He wants to try local dishes as well but I don't eat out a lot so I can only think of Larsian in Fuente, Ginabot at the back of Cebu Doc (he is willing to eat anything except for balut and durian), Hukad and Larsian. Other than that, I'm at a loss. I asked my friends but all they are giving me are names of expensive restaurants and I'm not a fan of them. So if you have any suggestions as to where to go and where is the best place to eat (nothing expensive) then I'm open to any suggestion.

Take him to Bohol to meet your parents and daughter. Don't waste your time at the fancy restaurants. On Panglao there are many great local restaurants.

My favorites are:

Tooks Grill Hauz (less than p100 per person)  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tooks-GrillHauz/239350449520309?fref=ts

Naty & Henrys BBQ (less than p60 per person)

Chino Paraiso- Alona beach, when coming in from north its on the right just before ester lim dr. excellent chineese food. the serving are for 3 so take ur parents and get 2 or 3 items.less than p600-700 meal

in between naty & henrys and helmets bar is a little bar that has AWESOM shawarma. less than p300 per person

if your from panglao im sure u know much better but since im foreigner and I enjoy those places he might too.

if hes into you he will be willing to explore with different foods

in Cebu there are many places to go

as far as food, matais bbq in mandaue, kuya j at sm consolacion. make sure he tries street food too. bbq, tempura, banana, isaw, much to try

tunay beach in Liloan, food, beer, karaoke & swimming

Edited by bigmook
Contango

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and blessed married life. Thanks for the info. How long did it take from the processing to getting the marriage license? or rather how long did it take for you to process everything and get married? I don't want him wasting a lot on extending his visa but I'm sure he has to.

The whole thing will take 16 to 18 days if you're organized, lucky and already have Certificate of attendance from family planning and Certificate of No Impediment issued by serbian authorities.

REQUIREMENTS FOR SECURING MARRIAGE LICENSE

1.) Personal appearance of applicants.

2) Birth or baptismal certificate (original & photocopy ).

3) 2 x 2ID p[icture,1 copy each .

4) Parent's advice if applicant is 21 yrs.old& below 25 yrs. old .

5) Father's consent if applicant is 18 yrs. old & bellow 21 yrs. old.

6) Court decision ,Certificate of finalty,and Certificate of cancellation of the previous marriage from LCR office where marriage was registered if former of an applicant was annulled or declared null &void.

7) Death certificate of the deceased spouse if applicant's status is widow or widower.

8) Certificate of attendance from family planning Seminar & Marriage Counselling

10) NSO Cenomar of both parties

Marriage License Will Be Issued After 10 Days Posting

Additional Requirements for Foreigner Applicants

1) Legal Capacity to contract marriage

2) Photocopy of passport ( page with picture & page showing date of arrival)

3) Certificate of No Impediment

Edited by Contango

@For Real feel free to ask me questions.. sorry I just got home from work so I wasn't able to reply right away

@AussieLex i'm sorry to hear about that but i'm sure everything happens for a reason. Maybe she doesn't deserve you so just enjoy being single. It also has some perks you know

@bigmook thanks a lot! I don't believe having that proof of income would also prove that you would be a great husband. Money can be earned but manners? That's a different story. I'm not sure about the location. If you are referring to mine, I still have to look into it since I'm just using my phone and haven't tinkered with the settings long enough to update my profile.

@Hy H hmmm thats makes sense..I haven't thought of that till you said that. I'll talk to him about it.

@BossHog This may sound weird since I've read a lot of foreigners got scammed but I'm not comfortable talking about money. I haven't asked him for a single peso and I even bought his roundtrip tickets from Manila-Cebu for him since just the cost of coming here itself is already huge. As for me, my job is enough to support me, my 4yr old daughter (yes I'm a single mom) and her nanny..and no I don't believe in marrying for financial security. I'm a hopeless romantic who still believes in marrying for love and not for euros. I know he's got some savings but I don't ask how small or big it is and I don't even know his exact salary. For me, it doesn't feel right. I only want one thing: that he remains faithful to me till death do us part (*insert story of cheating ex here*). As for the money, I'm working and even if we get married and he opens that business I still want to have a job and lie around sitting pretty in the house.

All that romance stuff sounds nice but the cold hard facts are that you need money to pay the rent, buy food, utilities, etc. Without enough money all the romance in the world will not keep you and your new bf together. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but there is a fact in the US that over half the divorces are over money. My filipina wife and I talked about money before we married as it is an extremely important aspect of having a happy life. Good luck in your meeting your new beau. 

quit_yume

I can't quite put my finger on it but something doesn't seem right.  please take it slow..   by the way, you look great in your pic.

-quito

chichirienavz

All that romance stuff sounds nice but the cold hard facts are that you need money to pay the rent, buy food, utilities, etc. Without enough money all the romance in the world will not keep you and your new bf together. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but there is a fact in the US that over half the divorces are over money. My filipina wife and I talked about money before we married as it is an extremely important aspect of having a happy life. Good luck in your meeting your new beau.

I agree. You would really be tested when it comes to money matters. We are talking bout it but not that extensively as we plan to talk about that once we see each other in person. I want to look at him while we are talking about that. You would know just how sincere a person is if you do that. Online it's different, you can just sweet talk anyone and that's it. Thanks for the advice Daddy!

The whole thing will take 16 to 18 days if you're organized, lucky and already have Certificate of attendance from family planning and Certificate of No Impediment issued by serbian authorities.

REQUIREMENTS FOR SECURING MARRIAGE LICENSE

1.) Personal appearance of applicants.

2) Birth or baptismal certificate (original & photocopy ).

3) 2 x 2ID p[icture,1 copy each .

4) Parent's advice if applicant is 21 yrs.old& below 25 yrs. old .

5) Father's consent if applicant is 18 yrs. old & bellow 21 yrs. old.

6) Court decision ,Certificate of finalty,and Certificate of cancellation of the previous marriage from LCR office where marriage was registered if former of an applicant was annulled or declared null &void.

7) Death certificate of the deceased spouse if applicant's status is widow or widower.

8) Certificate of attendance from family planning Seminar & Marriage Counselling

10) NSO Cenomar of both parties

Marriage License Will Be Issued After 10 Days Posting

Additional Requirements for Foreigner Applicants

1) Legal Capacity to contract marriage

2) Photocopy of passport ( page with picture & page showing date of arrival)

3) Certificate of No Impediment

thanks for all the info Contango. I'll certainly take note of all that. We want to know a rough estimate about how long would it take so thanks for clearing that up. Hope we get lucky too.

Take him to Bohol to meet your parents and daughter. Don't waste your time at the fancy restaurants. On Panglao there are many great local restaurants.

My favorites are:

Tooks Grill Hauz (less than p100 per person) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tooks-GrillHauz/239350449520309?fref=ts

Naty & Henrys BBQ (less than p60 per person)

Chino Paraiso- Alona beach, when coming in from north its on the right just before ester lim dr. excellent chineese food. the serving are for 3 so take ur parents and get 2 or 3 items.less than p600-700 meal

in between naty & henrys and helmets bar is a little bar that has AWESOM shawarma. less than p300 per person

if your from panglao im sure u know much better but since im foreigner and I enjoy those places he might too.

if hes into you he will be willing to explore with different foods

in Cebu there are many places to go

as far as food, matais bbq in mandaue, kuya j at sm consolacion. make sure he tries street food too. bbq, tempura, banana, isaw, much to try

tunay beach in Liloan, food, beer, karaoke & swimming

@bigmook I've heard about the places in Panglao that you mentioned but we haven't tried dining there so it's good to get some feedback about the food and the service. And yeah I intend to let him eat all the streetfoods we could find since I love all of them.. Edited by chichirienavz
chichirienavz

I can't quite put my finger on it but something doesn't seem right. please take it slow.. by the way, you look great in your pic.

-quito

@quito thanks for the concern! I know we met online and would finally be seeing each other in a week. As they say if it's too good to be true either something is really wrong or you are just so lucky. But after his vacation, we have all the time to think about things and see if marriage is really for us. I don't want to make a decision that I'll regret and marriage is something that I don't want to rush coz once I get married that's it, no turning back. I'm just here to get some advices just in case we decide to go to the next level then we already know what to do. Thanks for the compliment on the pic.
Scotsbloke

I'll echo others' comments about Chichi's excellent grammar - especially the dying art of the apostrophe - it's impressive.  As for this.........

As of now, I work as a call center agent and I'm just lucky my company is sort of generous with the salary and bonuses that's why I can afford to support my daughter on my own. And I guess talking to Americans every night really helped me in correcting some mispronunciation. I don't know how to say Tucson correctly before and I still get confused when to say Louisville with and without the S hahaha.

I shall not say one single word ;)

• Like 4
NOSOCALPINOY

Chichi,

I'm a Fil/Am, grew up in the U.S., but we did the old fashion Filipino courting tradition with my wife to be. I was 33 and she was 18 yrs old at the time, which was a 6 yr long distance courtship (without any hanky panky between visits in 6yrs) before we even got married. I was 39 and she 24 when we finally got married, but unfortunately we did not have any children. It's OK though, my wife has one niece and two nephews she considers her own.
We've now been married going on 28 yrs and have been retired here in the Philippines 17 years since 1998. It just took time, patience, a little bit of work and luck. 
Hope your new relationship will go just as well as ours did, but not as long before getting married.  
  • Like 4
Enuff

Chichi,

I'm a Fil/Am, grew up in the U.S., but we did the old fashion Filipino courting tradition with my wife to be. I was 33 and she was 18 yrs old at the time, which was a 6 yr long distance courtship (without any hanky panky between visits in 6yrs) before we even got married. I was 39 and she 24 when we finally got married, but unfortunately we did not have any children. It's OK though, my wife has one niece and two nephews she considers her own.

We've now been married going on 28 yrs and have been retired here in the Philippines 17 years since 1998. It just took time, patience, a little bit of work and luck.

Hope your new relationship will go just as well as ours did, but not as long before getting married.

Congrats on 28 yrs married and 17 yrs in RP
  • Like 5
Lordblacknail

er....er......if this doesn't work out, and you find yourself looking for an elderly but really cute guy er.....give me a call.

• Like 3
lazydays

er....er......if this doesn't work out, and you find yourself looking for an elderly but really cute guy er.....give me a call.

Thought you were married :biggrin_01:

• Like 1
Enuff

Thought you were married :biggrin_01:

he will convert to muslim and have many wives

• Like 3
lazydays

For him to get married in the PHL.

He will need to get a legal capacity certificate granting him permission to marry in the PHL, from the Serbian Embassy/Consulate in the PHL.

Just out of interest, I googled Serbian Embassy ph,

There is no Serbian Embassy in PHL, but there is a Consulate in Manila.

If for any reason there were no Embassy/Consulate in the PHL, he would have had the hassle of visiting a Serbian Embassy in a neighbouring country to PHL. :thumbsup:

• Like 1