Need some advice about Proof of Income for Marriage

chichirienavz

And him too? As that might be reality after he goes thru his savings.

How did you two meet as you sound like many single men's dream girl lol.

@cvgtpc1

last post as I forgot to answer your question. I don't consider myself a dream girl lol. As for how we met, i met him in Tagged. I don't go out a lot when I'm in Cebu. It's just work-sleep-work again then Bohol on the weekends to spend some time with my daughter. It gets pretty boring when I wake up and don't want to go out but I have nothing to do so I downloaded that app since I had an account back in college and I remember the Pets game in it. Then he added me there and that's just it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chichirienavz

• Enuff

• lazydays

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are as intelligent and as well spoken as you appear to be, you need to march his ass to the very next plane after he arrives. Put him on it and tell him to go back to Serbia.   Why on Earth w

even if the government doesn't currently ask for proof of ability to financially support a spouse...     maybe you should!

Congrats on 28 yrs married and 17 yrs in RP

Posted Images

AussieLex

Yep I seem to be single again.... sure looks like a dream girl to me ... 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

My Serbian bf is coming here in a few days for a 2 weeks vacation.

Is it his first trip over here? 

NOSOCALPINOY

yeah I did. Well with his Serbia-Manila vice versa ticket he paid 10x more than what I had paid for the Manila-Cebu ticket. I think it's just fair if I pay for the Manila-Cebu vice versa trip. As for the pic attachicon.gifC360_2014-09-13-10-50-12-462.jpg

here. that's unedited. I've read of guys complaining bout too much editing. Sorry I just posted it here instead of sending it privately so I just have to post once (too lazy and sleepy as of the moment lol) but if you still want one sent through pm then I'll send one once I wake up. Anyway, time to sleep for me now. Hope you guys have a great day.

Lucky guy whoever hooks on to you and sweeps you off your feet for a lifetime! My best hopes and wishes for you that he's Mr. Right and if not, there's plenty of fish in the ocean just waiting to be caught, but pick and choose wisely!   

• Like 1
ozboy

Well i'd like to compliment you on your superb use of the English language and spelling....where were you educated??? Was it in the Philippines or abroad....sorry if I missed that somewhere...

• Like 1
chichirienavz

Is it his first trip over here?

Yes it's his first trip here. He isn't a fan of airplanes since it makes him a bit nervous. But he has been to Germany though, said he could stomach a 2 hr plane ride. So this would also be his first almost 24 hr plane ride. Funny, he is more nervous about the plane ride than meeting my parents.
  • Like 1
chichirienavz

Lucky guy whoever hooks on to you and sweeps you off your feet for a lifetime! My best hopes and wishes for you that he's Mr. Right and if not, there's plenty of fish in the ocean just waiting to be caught, but pick and choose wisely!

thanks a lot NOSCAL! I know I have to choose right as I have chosen the wrong one before but I don't have any regrets having my daughter. When it comes to men, Im picky. My Serbian bf is my 3rd bf and hopefully last after almost 5yrs of not being in a relationship.
  • Like 1
Dublin boy

Best of luck and hope you will find happiness.

chichirienavz

Well i'd like to compliment you on your superb use of the English language and spelling....where were you educated??? Was it in the Philippines or abroad....sorry if I missed that somewhere...

@ozboy thanks for the compliment! I haven't talked about that so you didn't miss anything. I've been educated here. There are some good Catholic schools in Bohol who are strict when it comes to being proficient in the English language. I also like to read a lot that's why I'm the one doing the research about the visas, business, etc so I guess that helped. I graduated Nursing and I'm a licensed nurse. I also took up my Master's degree in Manila but I wasn't able to finish it due to financial constraints. As of now, I work as a call center agent and I'm just lucky my company is sort of generous with the salary and bonuses that's why I can afford to support my daughter on my own. And I guess talking to Americans every night really helped me in correcting some mispronunciation. I don't know how to say Tucson correctly before and I still get confused when to say Louisville with and without the S hahaha.
  • Like 3
chichirienavz

Best of luck and hope you will find happiness.

@Dublin boy thanks a lot! hmm Dublin, Ireland? Sorry I'm bad at geography. I even thought Serbia was somewhere near the UK or if not Africa and I still get confused as to where a certain province is located here in our country (Before, I thought Bukidnon is somewhere near Baguio and I'm too lazy to google Dublin now since I just woke up lol). But if I'm right that Dublin is in Ireland then I've always been fascinated with the Irish folklore. I remember sitting for hours just reading about it.
  • Like 2
chichirienavz

Oh I forgot to ask. Do you guys have any suggestion as to where I should take him here in Cebu? Anything more than a 3hr ride is already a no-no for him though he agreed to go to Simala with me. I don't go out that much so I have no idea where to take him aside from the usual Sto. Niño and Magellans Cross. I haven't been to the Lapu-Lapu shrine but I intend to take him there. He wants to go to a beach (he can't wait for Bohol since he will stay for a week here in Cebu) so any suggestion as to which is the closest one? He wants to try local dishes as well but I don't eat out a lot so I can only think of Larsian in Fuente, Ginabot at the back of Cebu Doc (he is willing to eat anything except for balut and durian), Hukad and Larsian. Other than that, I'm at a loss. I asked my friends but all they are giving me are names of expensive restaurants and I'm not a fan of them. So if you have any suggestions as to where to go and where is the best place to eat (nothing expensive) then I'm open to any suggestion.

Contango

Now, I've read that there's a new bill or law which requires a foreign national to submit a proof of income before they can marry here.

I got married in late Feb 2015 (Manila) and didn't need any proof of any income, no income evidence was needed for the marriage licence or contract etc.

Oh I forgot to ask. Do you guys have any suggestion as to where I should take him here in Cebu?

Malapascua Island, 2 or 3 hour bus trip to get to the ferry at the far northern tip of Cebu Island...a very romantic time can be had there for less than 100 per night, right on the beach front..actually thinking about it most Serbians can't swim so perhaps not a good idea, you also probably don't have a swimsuit. :(

Edited by Contango
chichirienavz

I got married in late Feb 2015 (Manila) and didn't need any proof of any income, no income evidence was needed for the marriage licence or contract etc.

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and blessed married life. Thanks for the info. How long did it take from the processing to getting the marriage license? or rather how long did it take for you to process everything and get married? I don't want him wasting a lot on extending his visa but I'm sure he has to.