Need some advice about Proof of Income for Marriage

chichirienavz

typo... i was supposed to write "NOT lie around sitting pretty in the house." If it's just money, we can both work for it. Just because he is a foreigner doesn't mean that he should be the only one working his ass off. That would be unfair for him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chichirienavz

• Enuff

• lazydays

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are as intelligent and as well spoken as you appear to be, you need to march his ass to the very next plane after he arrives. Put him on it and tell him to go back to Serbia.   Why on Earth w

even if the government doesn't currently ask for proof of ability to financially support a spouse...     maybe you should!

Congrats on 28 yrs married and 17 yrs in RP

Posted Images

cvgtpc1

As for me, my job is enough to support me, my 4yr old daughter (yes I'm a single mom) and her nanny..

And him too?  As that might be reality after he goes thru his savings.

How did you two meet as you sound like many single men's dream girl lol.

Edited by cvgtpc1
Lordblacknail

Do you really, really, down in your deepest heart think that a Serbian man who is 33 years old will be able to make a go of any business in the Philippines? Honest, I am not trying to rain on your parade, I think love is the best. But, I don't know two people out of hundreds here who have made a go of starting a business, no matter what kind. If you make a success of it, the locals will resent it and want to take over. If you don't make a success of it, you won't make money. Not a good formula. Much better to take you and your daughter back to Europe with him. I wish you all the luck in the world, but I think you have some serious problems ahead of you. If you can support everybody, no problem.

And Bigmook just asked you what part of the Philippines you live in. Don't need a phone for that.

• Like 1
For Real

@For Real feel free to ask me questions.. sorry I just got home from work so I wasn't able to reply right away

Question 1 : Why does a 33 year old Yugoslav pack up and move to the Philippines? 

Question 2: Does he finish his sentences with the word F**king live the clans in Australia regularly do?

I have met 2 who were to move to the RP and marry since 2007.

First one was a complete asshole who preyed on the wrong person (connected) and was deported. Turns out he was a US Navy deserter. Second was an (another >_<) Aussie. Was walked away by the authorities (outlaw MC - setting up base). 

Good Luck 

• Like 1
chichirienavz

And him too? As that might be reality after he goes thru his savings.

if it goes to that then yes including him..but that's actually why I've been visiting forums trying to figure out how can we get married and let him have that 13a visa with the least possible expenses since it would get a chunk of his savings too. As for that restaurant business, they would be partners with my mama who is also planning to open one pretty soon. But aside from the small business, we are still looking into other opportunities maybe online jobs or something. But while the soon to be business is not stable yet, then yeah I'm already anticipating the possibility of supporting him as well.
  • Like 1
oztony

by the way, I see you location is blank, what part of the RP do you reside in?

And Bigmook just asked you what part of the Philippines you live in. Don't need a phone for that.

I'm a Boholana and currently working in Cebu for 4yrs now. 

chichirienavz

@Lordblacknail my bad about my reply to bigmook's post. I don't have my glasses on and I haven't slept for 26hrs and counting now since my vision is kind of blurry and I was doing selective reading so I was only able to reply about his comment that my location is blank. As for where I reside, like what I have said in my previous post I'm a Boholana and I'm currently working in Cebu. For specifics, I live permanently in Panglao, Bohol but I'm just renting a place in Lahug, Cebu..hope that clears things up.

As for the business, I have no intention of resigning from my job. Opening a business is too risky and I want to have a steady income just in case the business goes bad. He would be the one to take care of the business (we are planning on starting several small ones) while I carry on with my present job. As for living in Serbia permanently, from what he told me the cost of living there is really high and the unemployment rate is high and he said my salary here is considered above the average monthly income there. Aside from that, my daughter would have a hard time in school since there are no international schools in his area so she would have to learn to speak Serbian and the same goes for me. Being fluent in Serbian is a requirement for someone to work there since Serbians are fluent in English.

• Like 2

Chichi,,please be careful because of your daughter, never leave her alone with your bf, for her sake and for his.

As for marriage, if you two have not even met yet, please slow down.

• Like 3
chichirienavz

Question 1 : Why does a 33 year old Yugoslav pack up and move to the Philippines?

Question 2: Does he finish his sentences with the word F**king live the clans in Australia regularly do?

I have met 2 who were to move to the RP and marry since 2007.

First one was a complete asshole who preyed on the wrong person (connected) and was deported. Turns out he was a US Navy deserter. Second was an (another >_<) Aussie. Was walked away by the authorities (outlaw MC - setting up base).

Good Luck

I'l answer Question 2 first since that made me laugh. No, I haven't heard him say the F word not even once. I think in almost a year that we have been talking I only heard him say a**hole word once, not sure if it would pass as a curse.

As for Question 1, He originally wants us to live in Serbia but I talked him out of it because if we will reside in Serbia:

-my baby will have some difficulties at school. There are no international schools in his area so she would be forced to learn Serbian

-if I want to work there, i'll have to learn Serbian too since they are fluent in English so I can't use that as my edge (I have no problems learning the language but the next reason is the main one)

-I can't live in somewhere cold and they have temp below 0 degrees. Even if it's at 18 degrees I'll be getting chest pains and no I don't want to see the ER again. I've got a heart condition and cold temp aside from cigarette smoke triggers it. The climate here is just perfect for me.

• Like 1
lazydays

And Bigmook just asked you what part of the Philippines you live in.

Bigmook was asking BossHog that question! :itsokay:

• Like 1
chichirienavz

@Lee thanks for the concern and yes I have no intention of leaving my beautiful daughter alone with him. I'm kind of paranoid about pedophiles and all those nasty stories of fathers (stepfathers or biological ones) abusing their children. As for the marriage, true we haven't met yet in person. We talked about it. If we arent comfortable or compatible with each other then move on. He will be staying here for 2 weeks then he'll go back to Serbia and if we think everything is great we'll give it some time and if we are both sure then that's when he would come here to live permanently. He won't be coming back here anytime soon. One thing though is that he wants to have children of his own like most men do. With my condition, the doctor gave me a deadline of 30 if I want to have kids again and I'm 27 now. I'm just here looking for some advices in case we do go for it. For some it really looks like we are rushing but call me stupid, I don't think it's about the length of time you have known each other it's more about how willing are you to make it work. I have some friends who were bf/gf for 10 and 11 yrs and broke up and I know of someone who just met his wife and married her after a month and are now 60+ yrs married so I guess it all boils down to the person if you have the same values when it comes to marriage, family and life

• Like 3
Enuff

let me get this straight

you paid for a ticket for him to fly from manila to Cebu to see you and you have a job, a 4 yr old and a nanny 

please PM me a picture so I know ur real

• Like 1
lazydays

I had to double check the OPs date, thought it was April 1st for minute :biggrin_01:

chichirienavz

Sorry I can barely keep my eyes open even with all the noisy roosters outside. I'll get some sleep and answer any questions or comments you guys may have once I wake up. Thanks for all the concerns and comments. I really appreciate all of them.

• Like 1
chichirienavz

let me get this straight

you paid for a ticket for him to fly from manila to Cebu to see you and you have a job, a 4 yr old and a nanny

please PM me a picture so I know ur real

yeah I did. Well with his Serbia-Manila vice versa ticket he paid 10x more than what I had paid for the Manila-Cebu ticket. I think it's just fair if I pay for the Manila-Cebu vice versa trip. As for the pic post-17019-142810724355_thumb.jpg

here. that's unedited. I've read of guys complaining bout too much editing. Sorry I just posted it here instead of sending it privately so I just have to post once (too lazy and sleepy as of the moment lol) but if you still want one sent through pm then I'll send one once I wake up. Anyway, time to sleep for me now. Hope you guys have a great day.

• Like 2