Need some advice about Proof of Income for Marriage

chichirienavz

Hi! I'm just new in this forum so I'm sorry if ever there's already an existing thread about this but I just have some questions regarding the proof of income requirement.

I'm a Boholana and currently working in Cebu for 4yrs now. My Serbian bf is coming here in a few days for a 2 weeks vacation. Excuse my ignorance, he is my first foreign bf (and i intend him to be my last *crossing my fingers*) so i have no idea regarding visas and marriage requirements (i have no plans of getting married till now) which is necessary since we plan on getting married and staying here. I did my research but i would love to hear some advice from you guys since this is so far the most informative forum I've ever visited.

Now, I've read that there's a new bill or law which requires a foreign national to submit a proof of income before they can marry here. Here's our problem: after his 2 weeks vacation, he is planning on going back to Serbia and get the documents needed to get married and stay here for good as well as process some papers for some properties that he owns there. Then he will pass his resignation and get back here to live permanently. So once he gets here, he will be unemployed and we are both sure he doesn't have any special skills that Filipinos don't have so he can't be eligible to work here. He does not have a fat bank account as others put it. He only has enough savings to open up a small business. By the way, he won't be getting any pensions since he is still 33 and he isn't eligible for any.

We are at a loss as to what proofs of income can he present. He has credit cards and some properties in Serbia and I'm not sure if it's true that the bank account needs to have at least 100k but we can work on that. Does he need to open a bank account here or would his bank account in Serbia suffice? Can he present a Certificate of Employment from his current employer? He can get one prior to him resigning and coming here. I'm not an expert at this but it seems like fraud. Other than that we are not sure what else can he present for us to be given a marriage license here. I'm not sure if they are already implementing that proof of income requirement but we want to be prepared just in case.

Sorry for any typographical or grammatical errors. I don't have time to proofread since it's time for work. Hope to hear from you guys!

• Like 2
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chichirienavz

• Enuff

• lazydays

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are as intelligent and as well spoken as you appear to be, you need to march his ass to the very next plane after he arrives. Put him on it and tell him to go back to Serbia.   Why on Earth w

even if the government doesn't currently ask for proof of ability to financially support a spouse...     maybe you should!

Congrats on 28 yrs married and 17 yrs in RP

Posted Images

For Real

Your specific question re income requirements is unlikely to be required to marry. I'd have many questions on your situation in moving in your first and hopefully last husband into the Philippines as I have a couple of friends who tried what you are trying but will my my business until I am asked.

AussieLex

You don't need proof of income to get married ... I just went through the whole application process and not once was I asked about income. 

Unfortunately I am no longer with my intended so it was all for almost nothing ... it has taught me some valuable lessons ...

• Like 1
Enuff

Hello dearest Chi Chi,

I recommend getting married ASAP. If they change the laws this Serbian prince might slip away and be force back to him home country to work. If they do pass the law I'm sure if he uses his last couple paystubs, that would be sufficient. I'm not sure of his talents but at 33 he should be just fine with sinking all of his savings into a small business.

By the way you have impeccable grammar and spelling.

• Like 4
cebulover2000

It would be a desaster if that bill should pass the senate, not only for foreigners but for the RP economy. It's just a media stunt from Garcia, maybe she will run for president, who knows.

Hello dearest Chi Chi,

I recommend getting married ASAP. If they change the laws this Serbian prince might slip away and be force back to him home country to work. If they do pass the law I'm sure if he uses his last couple paystubs, that would be sufficient. I'm not sure of his talents but at 33 he should be just fine with sinking all of his savings into a small business.

By the way you have impeccable grammar and spelling.

He has a credit card from Serbia.  If he lives here and uses it, he not have to pay it back.  I might be wrong thou? 

cebulover2000

He has a credit card from Serbia.  If he lives here and uses it, he not have to pay it back.  I might be wrong thou? 

You mean credit card fraud?

I actually know a Canadian who did just that. He also had a Danish passport, thought he can just leave his debt behind in Canada, problem is, he met a Filipina in Denmark who got a work contract in Canada. This is when the shit hit the fan.

Chance555

You don't need proof of income to get married ... I just went through the whole application process and not once was I asked about income.

Unfortunately I am no longer with my intended so it was all for almost nothing ... it has taught me some valuable lessons ...

Sorry to hear about your last minute change of heart... Feel for you mate... Must have been something serious to make you decide to call things off after all the work it has taken in preparation.

Things happen for a reason and at least you came to the decision before making the leap.... Good on you mate

Edited by Chance555
BossHog

So once he gets here, he will be unemployed and we are both sure he doesn't have any special skills

even if the government doesn't currently ask for proof of ability to financially support a spouse...

maybe you should!

• Like 6
Enuff

even if the government doesn't currently ask for proof of ability to financially support a spouse...

maybe you should!

very good advice.

by the way, I see you location is blank, what part of the RP do you reside in?

• Like 3
AussieLex

Sorry to hear about your last minute change of heart... Feel for you mate... Must have been something serious to make you decide to call things off after all the work it has taken in preparation.

I didn't call it off she did ... and right now I am feeling pretty down about it all but things will get better in time.... what also hurts is the relationships I built up with her family and friends... 

• Like 1
Chance555

I'm very surprised she was the one that broke with you as you looked a good couple and she and you both seemed so happy ....time is the healer .....and there are plenty more fish in the sea ..... Wish you all the luck in the world

• Like 1
chichirienavz

@For Real feel free to ask me questions.. sorry I just got home from work so I wasn't able to reply right away

@AussieLex i'm sorry to hear about that but i'm sure everything happens for a reason. Maybe she doesn't deserve you so just enjoy being single. It also has some perks you know

@bigmook thanks a lot! I don't believe having that proof of income would also prove that you would be a great husband. Money can be earned but manners? That's a different story. I'm not sure about the location. If you are referring to mine, I still have to look into it since I'm just using my phone and haven't tinkered with the settings long enough to update my profile.

@Hy H hmmm thats makes sense..I haven't thought of that till you said that. I'll talk to him about it.

@BossHog This may sound weird since I've read a lot of foreigners got scammed but I'm not comfortable talking about money. I haven't asked him for a single peso and I even bought his roundtrip tickets from Manila-Cebu for him since just the cost of coming here itself is already huge. As for me, my job is enough to support me, my 4yr old daughter (yes I'm a single mom) and her nanny..and no I don't believe in marrying for financial security. I'm a hopeless romantic who still believes in marrying for love and not for euros. I know he's got some savings but I don't ask how small or big it is and I don't even know his exact salary. For me, it doesn't feel right. I only want one thing: that he remains faithful to me till death do us part (*insert story of cheating ex here*). As for the money, I'm working and even if we get married and he opens that business I still want to have a job and lie around sitting pretty in the house.

• Like 4