Sign in to follow this  
JP999

My answer to "Boracay – probably the worst island I’ve ever visited"

Michele G

Other spots were mentioned to me away from the  beach that are pretty cheap. 

Can you state in here what are those spots? Iactually don't need some expensive one because i'm a backpacker and needs to fit what's on my budget. Just try to have some relaxing service from the beach. It's okay if its far but not too much at least I can save some money and lend it to the important ones. I thought I can find one just around the beach but mainly its too much for my budget. So can you please mentioned it here? Thanks

Monsoon

I spent 4 nights on Boracay last month and was hardly approached by anyone to buy anything. Maybe I have that special aura. I sat on the beach for hours every day and nobody bothered me once. The only time I was asked was when walking passed vendors. 

I was there during an ASEAN conference so maybe they clubbed all those people over the head and locked them up somewhere. There was a noticeable decline (as in I didn't see any) in the number of lady boys combing the beaches, which was nice. Their persistence has been annoying on past visits. 

They pump sewage out daily there at most hotels. What they do with it after they pump it out, I have no idea.

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1

Monsoon

Can you state in here what are those spots? Iactually don't need some expensive one because i'm a backpacker and needs to fit what's on my budget. Just try to have some relaxing service from the beach.

A friend of mine who is budget minded always stays at Orchids at station 3. You might try that.