Sign in to follow this  
JP999

My answer to "Boracay – probably the worst island I’ve ever visited"

JP999

Hi, I've been living in Boracay since 2011...

Boracay is known as a touristy place that has a crowd and for that reason some people strike it off their list of places to visit - just out of principle, but...

I think that's wrong - and that article about "worst island I’ve ever visited" is just negative trashing of a famous place to get media attention in my eyes. I mean, by far most of the people that I talk to like Boracay, but not everyone does and that's ok, but to call it the worst island is just "off this planet".

The island has many things to offer and if you know where to go or when to go you can totally avoid the crowd. Myself, I like a bit of both: peace but also people sometimes. I love that Boracay offers both. Deserted islands sound romantic in theory but get boring pretty fast if you live there.

So here's my answer to that article (I'm the author): 7 Reasons To Make Boracay Island Your Next Holiday Destination

Just trying to balance things out a bit because that "worst island" article just gives people a very negatively skewed and unrealistic impression of Boracay in my opinion.

I'm open to feedback. Like I said, no island suits all, so I get that some people might not like the place. But I do and I think part of the reason some people might not like it is because they don't know where to go. If you know the different beaches that you can visit for example (also shown in the above article) and the better places to hang out etc. then I feel that almost anyone can have a great time on Boracay.

Edited by JP999
  • Like 7

Woolf

great advice from someone that have never been there ???

JP999

• 32 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • 12 topics
  • Local time: 10:54 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Never visited
  • Like 2

easy44

To be fair, he didn't write the article, but the post would have more credibility coming from one who has been there.  Places are never "the best" or "the worst" of anything.  I think Boracay appeals to those who want to party and those looking for a quiet getaway might be disappointed.

edited: ok, I see he lives there now.

Edited by easy44
  • Like 1

JP999

To be fair, he didn't write the article, but the post would have more credibility coming from one who has been there.  Places are never "the best" or "the worst" of anything.  I think Boracay appeals to those who want to party and those looking for a quiet getaway might be disappointed.

edited: ok, I see he lives there now.

I did write the article, I'm the author. Also, I have not just "been there", I've been living there for over 3 years.

About "I think Boracay appeals to those who want to party and those looking for a quiet getaway might be disappointed"....

While Boracay might not be the best place for that it definitely has some offerings on that part as well. But most people don't know about those quiet places/beaches, that's why I wrote this article: http://boracaycompass.com/beaches-guide/ where I describe and show all of Boracay's 9 known and not-so-know beaches, some very quiet with hardly any tourists.

Edited by JP999

Topper

I, for one, appreciate the feedback on Boracay.  Some of our fellow posters get their exercise by jumping to conclusions, skipping the articles and running off at the mouth so its good to see people posting real experiences.  Don't let them get you down.

Thanks. When I read the replies it ruined my first cup of coffee. That's a big no-no.

MattFromGA

I've been living in Boracay since since 2011 and as you can probably also see I registered on these forums a long time ago.

You too are also quick to jump without reading.  He was obviouslly talking about the negative article when he said "to be fair, he didn't write the article", not the article you did write as a response to that.

The first sentense says he has been living there for 4 years.  Jumping so fast to bust balls?

• Like 2

woodchopper

is it true u can pay up to 800p for a manicure/pedicure on borocay?

Jester

Catch 22, why would I read an article about someplace by somebody that has never been there?  Whiner

woodchopper

i ask again?

lance.schukies

<p>

JP999

• 32 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • 12 topics
  • Local time: 10:54 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Never visited

your investigation skills impress me.

I read Paul's article and so what, it just another beach island but just happens to be more expensive than most islands.

been to boracay and will not return.

lance.schukies

i ask again?

from my memory yes, massage 4000+ , food costs more there too. it suffers from more demand than supply.