‘No vehicle registration, no travel’ starts today

RogerDat

Like trying to buy a hammer in a mall .....

Cannot buy hammer in mall! Buy hammer in hardware store!

RogerDat

So dumb, I don't even wonder anymore, just have your 500 pesos or whatever ready. Logic was lost long time ago.

Or use the speed away method, but my wife doesn't like that one but me liky - is that a fellony?  - escape from traffic enforcer.

No need to do either, just show stamped paperwork. End of traffick check, if not, have him get in your car and go to his office. I have done that twice.

dislexia correction.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1
RogerDat

Greetings! I think I did not understand the original post!

NEW cars that you buy, and do not get the registration, just a deed of sale is what they are talking about I think. Many dealers do not actually register the vehicles to avoid paying transfer tax till absulotly last moment. Those are the ones they are talking about, not old style tags on a prior registered vehicle.

Several times traffic accidents have occurd and driver simply walked away because it was not in his name,

Also the goverment has not collected the money owed by the dealer.

Is this the case?

smokey

Greetings! I think I did not understand the original post!

NEW cars that you buy, and do not get the registration, just a deed of sale is what they are talking about I think. Many dealers do not actually register the vehicles to avoid paying transfer tax till absulotly last moment. Those are the ones they are talking about, not old style tags on a prior registered vehicle.

Several times traffic accidents have occurd and driver simply walked away because it was not in his name,

Also the goverment has not collected the money owed by the dealer.

Is this the case?

they are talking about all cars and trucks old ,, new ,, rebuilt 

I was im car car 6.30 am today eat a sugars restaurant  had a GUY LOOK AT  THE OTHER SIDE OF MY NEW DUPLEX I AM RENTING OUT TO SOME ONE IF THE WANT.  ON THE WAY BACK hit 5 CHECK POINTS EVEN ONE GONING UP THE HILL TO Chateau de Busay THAT ONE RUN BY THE Army,the others run by  LTO I think ,,,,,,only stopping motor cycles  as i saw

Edited by tonny
arentol

So if unregistered vehicles are not allowed on the roads... how is a driver supposed to take the car for an emissions test and for new plate attachment?

...or am I missing something?

Aren

colemanlee

Its the Philippines, just wait two weeks, they will get tired of enforcing it and it will go away.....no problem

• Like 6
Bill H

we received our paid for plates in only 5 months well we did use the express service 

Wow that was fast, they must like clowns.  I waited 13 months for my plates but there were no stickers, so they said don't worry about it!  I asked for that in writing, they just laughed at me!

colemanlee

I guess everybody knows that here when you buy new you can get three year plates...sometimes if you pay cash they will just apply for the one year plate, so it dont cost them as much....but you can work a deal for the three year plate if you know about it...saves a bunch of trouble

smokey

So if unregistered vehicles are not allowed on the roads... how is a driver supposed to take the car for an emissions test and for new plate attachment?

...or am I missing something?

Aren

just get a few dongs to tie string to the front bumper and pull you to the emissions station 

Wow that was fast, they must like clowns.  I waited 13 months for my plates but there were no stickers, so they said don't worry about it!  I asked for that in writing, they just laughed at me!

it only took 1 month to get the OR/cr the plate we just got 3 weeks ago applied OCT 10, 2014   EXPRESS window

• Like 1
rfm010

here in metro manila all has been solved:

MMDA won’t back ‘no plate, no travel’ DESCRIBES LTO POLICY AS ‘UN-CHRISTIAN’

"The Land Transportation Office (LTO) may find it hard to implement the “no plate, no travel” policy in Metro Manila without the help of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) and local government units (LGUs).

According to MMDA Chair Francis Tolentino, the LTO policy which took effect nationwide on Wednesday was unconstitutional and “un-Christian” and his agency wanted no part of it.

“Our traffic enforcers and those from the 17 LGUs in Metro Manila have agreed that we will not apprehend brand new cars without plate numbers,” Tolentino told reporters...

Sought for comment, the LTO said it would go on with its implementation of the no plate, no travel policy despite the opposition of the MMDA.

“We respect their opinion but we’re just implementing the law. They need to respect that as well,” LTO spokesperson Jason Salvador told the Inquirer on the phone on Wednesday.... "

so the lto is enforcing it while the mmda is letting it slide.

so the lto is enforcing it while the mmda is letting it slide.  

Certainly seems that way

The next Problem is going to be the Old Car reregistration, when we did the re reg (7 months ago) we had to pay for new Plates, and new Stickers neither are yet available. Now I know that Dumaguete is a back water to many from the big Cities but the LTO here seem to want to pursue something that is just not available post-16839-0-59676500-1428021979_thumb.jpg

The notification Link is just so laughable don't you think? 45 days HUH?

http://www.gov.ph/2015/01/04/lto-time-to-change-old-license-plates/

To me it IS cart before the Horse. post-16839-0-70921800-1428021739_thumb.gif

just saying  :spiteful:

JP :hi:

woodchopper

if u dont get a current sticker,,as in the normal,,u simply carry with u the rego reciept which invariably is stamped "NO STICKER AVAILABLE"

rfm010

if u dont get a current sticker,,as in the normal,,u simply carry with u the rego reciept which invariably is stamped "NO STICKER AVAILABLE"

it's not just a matter of being registered.  you must have plates.  the lto is insisting that plates are available but the car dealerships are not letting customers know this and so new car owners are driving registered cars without plates.  the fine for driving without plates, even if registered, is p5000.

one problem is the lto is focusing on the no plates problem as if all cars are new and the registration/plates are being handled through the car dealers.  but not all cars without plates are new.  i bought a car that had diplomatic plates.  embassy wouldn't allow me to keep them so i had to apply for new plates.  could take months.  so i have a registered car but no plates. 

btw, the sticker that goes on you license plate is being done away with.  there wiil be the new black and white plates that are being phased in this year plus a new type of sticker for your windshield.

woodchopper

it's not just a matter of being registered.  you must have plates.  the lto is insisting that plates are available but the car dealerships are not letting customers know this and so new car owners are driving registered cars without plates.  the fine for driving without plates, even if registered, is p5000.

one problem is the lto is focusing on the no plates problem as if all cars are new and the registration/plates are being handled through the car dealers.  but not all cars without plates are new.  i bought a car that had diplomatic plates.  embassy wouldn't allow me to keep them so i had to apply for new plates.  could take months.  so i have a registered car but no plates. 

btw, the sticker that goes on you license plate is being done away with.  there wiil be the new black and white plates that are being phased in this year plus a new type of sticker for your windshield.

Temporary Plates,,IE TP####,,thats what applies m/bikes,,i do not know with car etc