Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Idiots at Fedex

Jawny

You should make some effort to figure out who this is from before any fees are paid. If the delivery is delayed, FedEx is famous for charging storage fees. You could end up with some large bill for some chocolate Easter eggs.

As far as methods of payment, it is common for businesses to use a deposit to a specified bank account number. You just go to the bank, make a deposit in the amount needed, lay a small transaction fee and then inform them the payment was made and send a copy of the receipt by fax or attachment. There is also credit card and PayPal for some businesses. It's been my experience that when it coming to GETTING money, there are many ways to do that here. Once given, there is a much more difficult process to ever get it back.

Wolfpack

I had an item sent FedEx before. Required the girl to pay a fee. Afterwards FedEx then assessed me another customs fee and said the local office never received the fee.

how much was the fee? they have not told me yet...said they will tell me in 2 or 3 days...which sounds like a scam already

Mikala

how much was the fee? they have not told me yet...said they will tell me in 2 or 3 days...which sounds like a scam already

It was around 3,000p and then FedEx tried to assess me $65 on top of that fee. I remember now that I was just sending a USB hard drive (empty).

burnttoast

Maybe the number hangs up because someone wants to discuss it in person or maybe on another phone line??

Wolfpack

It was around 3,000p and then FedEx tried to assess me $65 on top of that fee. I remember now that I was just sending a USB hard drive (empty).

that would be insane for customs to ask me for 3000 pesos for a gift...whatever it is...whoever it is from...

to_dave007

We send stuff worldwide from Oz and we found FedEx, DHL etc to be bloody hopeless specially into the Philippines.

UPS is the way to go.

Done quite a bit of shipping from Canada, and I've always found UPS to be best for USA destinations, and DHL to be best elsewhere in world, and FEDEX to be a pain whenever I use them.  Even though the goods we ship to USA should be duty free, we ALWAYS have some customs issue (and fee, and delay) with FEDEX that UPS doesn't have even though they comply with same laws.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2

lopburi3

Actually fees are based on value of items so could well be 3k or a lot more for some things - here in Thailand it also includes the shipping fee and all courier systems are noted for collecting customs fees - normal international post is much less likely to be charged.

But are you positive this web site you obtained number is the official web site?  As said scams are very common and I would not even be sure of employees at an official site but I would want to make very sure before going any further.  If you are not expecting anything it might be best to just say no (as hard as that may seem).

• Like 1

Jawny

that would be insane for customs to ask me for 3000 pesos for a gift...whatever it is...whoever it is from...

That sounds like a good plan. Just tell the customs people it is a gift.

Aerosick

update...they send me an email asking for a tracking number to better serve me...

I already told them, I have no tracking number...but they know about my package because I gave their customer service person my personal info in a phone call....and they told me WHO to contact...but they gave me a bad phone number...

freaking idiots!!!

I'd be very careful giving out your personal info to someone claiming to be their Rep!!!

Wolfpack

I'd be very careful giving out your personal info to someone claiming to be their Rep!!!

yeah, I do not know what to think right now...I have never experienced anything like this...it feels like some type of scam...

• Like 1

loy

From my experience with Fedex here in the Ph. they are useless. Once sent documents to the US for fifth day delivery. Took 15 days. Item was in the PH. for 10 days before they sent it. 

Scottiev

I must of got lucky with Fed Ex this year.. sent my documents from the airport location and they were in Alaska in 4 days ,took 5 to get delivered as the retards in Alaska couldn't find the house ( even though the same delivery guy was there 3 days earlier for another delivery)

• Like 1

to_dave007

yeah, I do not know what to think right now...I have never experienced anything like this...it feels like some type of scam...

One of the posters before suggested you call FEDEX in USA, since this will be a phone number that you can confirm 100% before you call it.  I think this is your best bet, as you'll at LEAST be able to confirm that the tracking number is valid.  If you tell the FEDEX agent in USA that you suspect fraud I think they'll help you..  They can also give you local PI FEDEX number that actually works.

• Like 1

steveinla

This is the same psychology used on the girls picking up a phone scam after the "customs" fee is paid. You are intrigued with what the package might be. It's that interest that leads to the scam. You package may be real. But, if you don't recognize the sender's name, have no ongoing relationship's in the U.S. that require your personal signature (insurance, mortgage, legal battles), can't speak to the person that sent the package and ask what it is. I would seriously consider ending further inquiry. It's smelling like a scam.

Edited by steveinla

BossHog

post-5791-0-11698700-1427823959_thumb.jpg

• Like 1