Army Charging Bowe Bergdahl With Desertion

Irenicus

Ill be more than happy to compare my DD214 with you face to face anytime...

Were you in combat?  I mean, not washing dishes in a warzone but actually in the trenches going hand to hand with the filthy savages that were threatening the well-being of our beloved country?

As for deserters being shot in time of war, the US has been at war for 214 years (out of 235 years of existence), so there's got to be a lot of deserters being shot over that time.

Actually, there's been hundreds of thousands of US soldiers who have deserted.  

Check that out and get back to me on how many of them have been executed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Steven Mactan

• colemanlee

• angbumabasa

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can claim that and you are right, he is innocent until proven guilty, but that does not mean he should not be incarcerated and treated like the wretched deserting criminal he probably is.  Men died

I hope that somewhere along the line they mention that 6 or more young American soldiers died searching for Bergdahl. May they rest in peace.

I really don't care if people who feel terrorists who murdered children for watching tv, sell baby girls as sex slaves, and use a power drill on the knees / elbows / brains of those who don't do as th

There is a difference in have been shot and should be shot. His desertion and cowardly act cost several good men their lives and if bergdahl is found guilty in a military court he she never see the outside of fort Leavenworth the rest of his life or be executed by firing squad. Just my opinion and I am not attacking anyone so please no personal attacks but I am a veteran and feel very strongly.

angbumabasa

Were you in combat?  I mean, not washing dishes in a warzone but actually in the trenches going hand to hand with the filthy savages that were threatening the well-being of our beloved country?

Since you brought this up, what does your DD-214 show? Lay it out for us so that you will get some credibility          

• Like 3
RogerDuMond
As for deserters being shot in time of war, the US has been at war for 214 years (out of 235 years of existence), so there's got to be a lot of deserters being shot over that time. Actually, there's been hundreds of thousands of US soldiers who have deserted. Check that out and get back to me on how many of them have been executed.

Desertion is not the charge that he could be executed for. The charge of "misbehavior before the enemy" is the charge leveled against him that could possibly carry the death penalty.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 1
USMC-Retired

He was responsible for the deaths of others by his actions. Those actions that were against the oath he swore to up hold. He is not innocent of that. He turned his back on the men he served with. It is just horrible that he stood alongside the President as some token.

• Like 3
Edwin

I feel his actions, though cowardly and unforgivable, were not as bad as the President's actions in this matter. The President is responsible for the other soldier's deaths. Using Bergdahl for propaganda shows he is unqualified to be Commander in Chief.

Edited by Edwin
  • Like 2
USMC-Retired

The voters spoke on who becomes President. However my view as a combat vet in Iraq and Afgan is; If the President is the token liberal then I will NEVER consider anything liberal. I look at Iraq today and I become sick. Yes we did not do everything right. We may have not even gone in for the right reasons. Yet people were starting to enjoy many new found freedoms. Then for the President to bring this individual as some token of accomplishment. Really? Bergdahl is a coward and traitor. He left his post willingly and that action cost soliders thier lives. My anger and rant could go on yet Bergdhal and Obama just are not worth my time.

• Like 4
Mr. Mike

Hey hey...stop messing with the Navy you freakin land crab!

• Like 1
lamoe

I look at Iraq today and I become sick. Yes we did not do everything right. We may have not even gone in for the right reasons. Yet people were starting to enjoy many new found freedoms. 

Welcome to the club

At least you can visit my old base - Chu Lai now and be welcome - ok - your money is :dance2:

As Obama said you need skin in the game to fully appreciate a situation. - He don't so he don't.

If I was in O's position I would have traded those terrorists for Bergdahl myself

So I could execute his deserting azz in front of the whole nation !!!!!

RogerDuMond

Lets not make this a personal pissing contest. Several posts deleted and two members banned from the topic.

Edited by RogerDuMond