Can a Filipino be too old for Phil health?

batman2525

I've also posted this post in "Phil health for foreigners" and decided to start a new thread with it.

Talking with my G/F recently.....few months ago her 80 year old mother broke her hip and went to hospital in Cebu to get it fixed....it turned out to be quite expensive(I will get the figure and post) because the "old bird" didn't want to leave the hospital and stayed longer than what she should have.I mentioned to my G/F yesterday that its possible for foreigners to get Phil Health now because I read it on the forum and told her I would like to sign up for it next time Im in Cebu....I said to her...you have Phil Health don't you......not anymore she replied,when did you get rid of it I asked....after Mama left the hospital she said.....why I said....she replied that Phil health refused to help pay her mothers hospital bill after the "old bird" paid into Phil health since time began !!....who told you this I asked(my G/F lives in London) oh, she said Uncle Fred(name changed) Uncle Fred is her Uncle who lives across the road and is known to be a total rip off merchant....G/F said that she was sending money to Cebu as the bills were coming in from the hospital....the money was going to "Uncle Fred" who said he would go and pay the hospital....and he did,when my G/F asked about claiming the deduction for Phil Health "Uncle Fred" said Phil health wont allow any money for Momma because she is too old !!.....and it was left at that.

Ive advised my G/F to investigate this story because if "Uncle Fred" is lieing he must have "done" her out of a lot of money.

Anyone ever heard of being too old to claim Phil health?

Edited by Paul
added tags
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• batman2525

• Woolf

• maximian

• easy44

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, you don't need to be married to a Filipina.  I opened my own account under my own name.  It's available to single foreigners, even on a tourist visa. They are automatically qualified but

Just had my wife read this, as has been said, because of her age, its free....sounds like old Uncle Fred is hustling.....she also said the only people that get taken advantage of as much as foreigners

List of accredited hospitals   http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/about_us/phCARES_hospitals.pdf   Page 10    region 7  Sacred Heart Hospital

easy44

Now all senior citizens have free coverage.  Not sure if they even have to have had previous payments.  I don't think so, but not sure.

• Like 2
batman2525

I just googled it. If she paid 120 months or more and is over 60, she is a lifetime member, of course BS what the uncle said.

Right,I will find out exactly how long the "old bird" has been paying just to make sure.

I smell a rat.

Thanks.

• Like 1
Woolf
batman2525

Wow....I just thought of something.....its very possible that the "old bird" is in on the scam !

• Like 1
colemanlee

Just had my wife read this, as has been said, because of her age, its free....sounds like old Uncle Fred is hustling.....she also said the only people that get taken advantage of as much as foreigners are OFW's

• Like 3

Many never bothered, or have not previously paid in, in which case it is not automatic. It is about 1200 peso a year to pay in. It might be worth your while to start payments, though you want to make sure it is paid, to many poorer Filipino's the idea of paying for something for which do not get something immediately (insurance) is hard to grasp.

maximian

Many never bothered, or have not previously paid in, in which case it is not automatic. It is about 1200 peso a year to pay in. It might be worth your while to start payments, though you want to make sure it is paid, to many poorer Filipino's the idea of paying for something for which do not get something immediately (insurance) is hard to grasp.

It is automatic for people 60 or above, with no conditions about past payments.

President Benigno Aquino III signed into law a measure granting automatic, lifetime membership of senior citizens to Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth).

In a statement Tuesday, Senator Ralph Recto, principal author of the Senate version of Republic Act (RA 10645), said Aquino signed the measure last week.

Under RA  10645 or "An Act Providing for the Mandatory PhilHealth Coverage for All Senior Citizens,” all citizens who are 60 years old and above will receive the benefits and discounts extended to ordinary PhilHealth members by just presenting a valid ID that proves their real age.

“Magpakita lang sila ng ID bilang patunay na sila'y senior citizen at matatanggap na nila mula sa ospital ang karapatang benepisyong laan sa mga miyembro ng PhilHealth," Recto said.

The RA 10645 amends RA No. 994 or “The Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010”and removes the qualification that a senior citizen has to be an indigent or poor before qualifying for PhilHealth coverage, with premium payments fully subsidized by the national government.

Based on Senate records, there are roughly 6.1 million senior citizens in the Philippines today, of which 3.94 million are covered by PhilHealth either as indigent, sponsored, lifetime member, or dependent.

Recto said the signing of the new law brings the remaining 2.16 million senior under PhilHealth coverage.

“Health insurance can never be called universal if it does not cover all seniors. Enrolling them must be automatic, not optional. The ideal is that the minute they blow out the candles on their 60th birthday cake to the moment they breathe their last – they should be PhilHealth members," Recto said

More from: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/387593/economy/companies/pnoy-signs-law-for-automatic-philhealth-coverage-for-senior-citizens

Batman, most private hospital allow payment using bank cards. Cuts out the middleman!

She can also buy medicine, online from abroad using Mercury drug online. Again cuts out the middleman!

http://www.mercurydrug.com/pages/order-online.html

Edited by maximian
  • Like 1
colemanlee

Just so you know, If your a foreigner married to a Filipina, you can be on her Phil Health account...I know this for a fact as my wife put me on hers..

• Like 1
Woolf
It is automatic for people 60 or above, with no conditions about past payments.

It is NOT automatic, seniors have to register, but the barangays, was tasked to make sure all was registered, at least in Cebu

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2
easy44

Actually, you don't need to be married to a Filipina.  I opened my own account under my own name.  It's available to single foreigners, even on a tourist visa.

It is NOT automatic, seniors have to register, but the barangays, was tasked to make sure all was registered, at least in Cebu

They are automatically qualified but not automatically registered.

• Like 3
maximian

Yes, you are correct. In our town all of the barangays registered the senior citizens. If they did not do it themselves it at the barangay hall, health workers were sent out to their homes to help them register.

• Like 1
maximian

Actually, you don't need to be married to a Filipina.  I opened my own account under my own name.  It's available to single foreigners, even on a tourist visa.

They are automatically qualified but not automatically registered.

Now your getting technical