Pemberton Murder of Transgender (Update August 2020)

J-Divert

I wonder if this is even in the news in the U.S.?

Very very little, numerous other issues are dominating the news in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill H

• SkyMan

• Lee

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I may as well have more people not like what I say when I speak my mind. Maybe I'll bat 1.00?   I was a member of the US Navy for the better part of 12 years from '79 to '91 - enlisted - went

What a joke this trial has become, none of my neighbors (Philippine Citizens) could give a hoot about the transgender that didn't tell this proud young Marine that he had a pair in between his legs an

Excellent idea.  Four Filipino young men murdered a US Marine Major in cold blood.  It was filmed, there is no doubt the four did the crime, two of the four never had charges brought against them, the

Posted Images

This seems a puzzling detail.  Are they saying that if Laude was given the ability to defend himself it wouldn't be murder?

What I find even more puzzling is how do they know JEFFREY was attacked "without the slightest provocation"? Are they psychic? Maybe when JEFFREY was smoking the pole he was also reaching for the Marine's wallet. Of course ladyboys have never been known to steal before and certainly a good one like JEFFREY that was engaged to be married to a fine German man would never steal or lie.

Smoked the pole and was now puking into the toilet bowl to be attacked from the rear?

SkyMan

It's frustrating that he has made no attempt to tell his side of the story, but I guess there is a reason for that.  Curious minds would certainly like to know though.
I think it's standard legal advice to STFU.
  • Like 5

Smoked the pole and was now puking into the toilet bowl to be attacked from the rear?

I don't think this was the case but I am curious to find out what Pemberton's side of the story is. Hopefully the prosecutor will not object to letting him testify when he gets his "fair trial". So far all we've heard is BS from the media, prosecutor, and the circus of Roque esq

• Like 1
smokey

i dated a real girl once who would do that gag and run to the cr spitting

jtmwatchbiz

i dated a real girl once who would do that gag and run to the cr spitting

did she finally get accustomed to your appearance? :)

• Like 3
Davaoeno

you guys are going to get this thread closed down if you arent careful 

someone is dead, someone else is charged with murder. No matter what 2 lives are ruined - along with those of many family members.

• Like 3
smokey

Did you take that opportunity to attack her from the rear?

never been into the chocolet highway thing

someone is dead, someone else is charged with murder. No matter what 2 lives are ruined - along with those of many family members.

yes davao is right and i did read that the same week this happened 4 other gender bender typs were killed but failed to make the front page for some reason ..

• Like 1

Most definitely. I suggest you fellas stay on the topic. 

This will be the only warning posted.

Iex231" post="945220" timestamp="1418782422"]I don't think this was the case but I am curious to find out what Pemberton's side of the story is. Hopefully the prosecutor will not object to letting him testify when he gets his "fair trial". So far all we've heard is BS from the media, prosecutor, and the circus of Roque esq

Sorry I wasnt meaning to make fun but the press coverage really is farcical. I'm hoping he will say nothing until his council really find out what evidence they really have against him. Even the forensics seem to have taken a long time. I know that this is not CSI. Real time dna tests take time. He had left the scene and its all they have.

Edited by hyaku

Have they announced a trial date or even the preliminary hearing date?

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2014/12/17/us-denies-philippines-bid-pemberton-custody-382489

US denies Philippines bid for Pemberton custody

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

MANILA -- The United States (US) denied Wednesday the Philippine Government's request for the turnover of custody of American Marine Lance Corporal Joseph Scott Pemberton, who was formally charged with murder Monday.

In a statement, the US Embassy in Manila said it will retain the custody of Pemberton in accordance with the provisions of the US–Philippine Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA).

"In accordance with the US–Philippine Visiting Forces Agreement, the United States has a right to retain custody of a suspect from the commission of the alleged offense until the completion of all judicial proceedings," said the US Embassy.

It noted that Pemberton was already moved last October 22 from the USS Peleliu to Camp Aguinaldo, the headquarters of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in Quezon City.

But Pemberton, suspect in the murder of transgender Jeffrey "Jennifer" Laude in Olongapo City, had since remained under the US custody even while detained at Camp Aguinaldo.

Last Monday, the Olongapo City Prosecutor's Office found probable cause to file a murder case against Pemberton. This prompted a request from the Philippine Government for the turnover of the custody of Pemberton.

Several lawmakers and militant groups have also called for the immediate transfer of Pemberton to a regular civilian detention facility.

Despite denying the Philippine government's request, the US government assured that it will continue to cooperate with local authorities regarding the case.

"The United States will continue to work closely with the Philippine government to help ensure justice is served and the rights of all persons are protected," said the US Embassy in Manila. (HDT/Sunnex)

Edited by Woolf
contraman

US Marine Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton, the suspect in the killing of transgender Jennifer Laude, arrived Friday morning for his arraignment on the murder case before a local court in Olongapo City.

A radio report said a three-vehicle convoy that Pemberton left the Armed Forces of the Philippines general headquarters in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City, around 3 a.m. and arrived at the Olongapo City Hall of Justice around 5 a.m.

Pemberton, who was heavily guarded by soldiers and policemen, underwent fingerprinting and mugshots as a protocol before his arraignment, reports said. 

The US Marine's arraignment was set after the Olongapo City Prosecutor's Office found probable cause to file murder charges against Pemberton. 

It will be first time Pemberton to appear before the Olongapo City court since the alleged killing happened inside a motel last October 11.

There are proposals to move Pemberton to a regular jail.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2014/12/19/1404394/pemberton-makes-first-court-appearance-olongapo